Die My Darling.

2/2.

When Frank first opened his eyes, he wasn't exactly sure what, or rather who, he was looking at. This was partially due to the fact that he was still pathetically drunk but it was mainly because of the fact that Mikey no longer looked like Mikey, his amazing, loving boyfriend who always knew the right thing to say and the right moment to end a kiss.

Now, Mikey looked like the monster that had inhabited Frank Iero's closet when he was six years old; the only difference was that Frank's monster hadn't been holding an ax in his hands.

"Mikey, where'd you get that from?" he asked, swallowing heavily before plastering a grin to his face. "Were you and Gerard-"

All Frank saw was a blur of silver and then he was screaming, his chapped lips pulling back to expose all of the teeth in his mouth like some sideshow horse. Sheer agony, worse than all the pain he'd ever felt, coursed through his entire body, through his veins and arteries and nerves, right up to his brain. Blood stained the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sheets he was dozing on, blanking out the innocent cartoon faces with crimson. Although he couldn't see it, the two smallest toes of his right foot had been completely severed, leaving only stumps.

"Don't you say his goddamn name!" Mikey screamed, his fingers splashed with his boyfriend's blood. "Don't you say a single word or I'll cut off something else. Understand?" Frank nodded, his hair drooping into his weeping eyes. Sighing heavily, Mikey sat the ax beside the bed before perching on the edge, taking Frank's chin in his long fingers.

"I'm sorry that I just did that," he said calmly, his own hazel eyes red-rimmed along the edges. "That was very uncalled for, wasn't it?" Frank nodded again, wincing as he felt Mikey's fingernails dig into the soft skin of his cheek. "But you kissing Gerard was uncalled for too, correct?"

"It was just for a second!" Frank sobbed, the pain from his severed toes smouldering up his leg. As soon as the words fell from his lips, Mikey was slapping him across the face, splitting the corner of his mouth open.

"Darling, shut your pretty mouth, or I'm going to shut it for you." Frank pressed his lips together, trying desperately to ignore the taste of his own blood slowly trickling down his throat. Satisfied, Mikey stood back up and began to pace, wringing his hands in front of him. Tears ran down Frank's cheeks, joined with blood and snot from his nose.

"Why did you do it?" Mikey groaned, running his fingers through his hair so that it stuck up in spikes that Frank would have found funny any other time. "I thought I could trust you Frank, I thought that you weren't like Brad and all the other whores out there-"

"Who's Brad?" Frank instantly slammed his hand over his mouth, making more blood leak from his lip. He prepared himself for another blow (well, if one can prepare themselves to be hit with an ax) but it didn't come. Instead, when he looked back up, Mikey was standing there with this look in his eyes, this look that Frank had seen on a nature show once about lions or something. It actually looked like profound sadness or loss but in an instant, it was gone, replaced with something much less human and much more terrifying.

"Brad thought that he could play with my brother, that he could use him like he used his other whores. And you know what Frankie?" Grasping the axe again, Mikey knelt beside the bed, getting nose to nose with Frank. Now he was grinning, a huge smile that went from ear to ear, his eyes wide in his face.

"Gerard would have let you play with him because he's is weak. But I'm not. I'm not weak, like him." Mikey cast a withering glare at the closed door, where he knew his brother was cowering against the wood. He was probably crying just as much as Frank, if not harder. Mikey was suddenly glad that he hadn't made Gerard watch him kill Frank; Gerard looked absolutely pathetic when he cried.

"You knew he was weak, didn't you?" Frank shook his head rapidly, but it didn't seem to have any effect on Mikey, who had resumed his pacing with vigour. "You knew that he would let you kiss him and you just had to try, didn't you? I mean, you did a great job at playing the fool, didn't you? I actually liked you because I thought you were innocent, because I thought you were too much of an idiot to do anything!"

"I'm not-" This time, it was the ax handle slamming into the side of Frank's face, knocking out two teeth from the right side of his mouth. His jaw felt like it had shifted an inch out of its proper position and his tears fell even harder, his eyes screaming in pain.

"Not a single word!" Mikey screamed, fingernails digging into the scarred handle. "If you say one more goddamn word, I'm going to cut off your fucking head!" Frank brought his knees up to his chest and attempted to bury his face in them, breathing constricted from the power of his sobs. He didn't understand what he had done so wrong; he'd been so fucking drunk when he'd kissed Gerard and even then, he just wanted to see how soft his lips had been! He hadn't wanted to make out with him! It was just innocent, that was all it had been.

Mikey grabbed Frank's hair and pulled just hard enough to make him raise his head and stare into his boyfriend's eyes. Before, he'd been able to stare into them for hours, looking at all the golden flecks that bounced around. He'd been able to just look at him, running his hands through his dark hair while he planned his entire future.

All the gold flecks seemed to have disappeared from Mikey's eyes, which were now almost black. This terrified Frank more than Mikey's words, more than the axe, more than the fact he was now missing two toes. It was his eyes that really got the message through.

"What did Brad do?" he asked softly, wincing as Mikey's fingernails pressed into his scalp. "What did he do?"

"Brad started out with just a kiss." Blood began to leak through Frank's hair and over his ears as Mikey's nails punctured his skin. "Then he convinced Gerard that it was an accident, that he was just drunk." Mikey spoke the last word so harshly that spit flew from his mouth, landing on Frank's face. "And you know what? Gerard believed him! I told him not to but he ignored me and then, four months later, he walks in on Brad fucking some girl." Frank swallowed hard through the pinprick that had become his throat. Mikey had gone absolutely mad. He released his grip on Frank's hair but otherwise, he didn't move, staying close enough that Frank could feel his breath on his skin.

"Gerard told me he wished that Brad would have died. He told me that night after night, falling asleep in front of the television, bawling. But, even after that, he wanted to take Brad back! He said that it had obviously been a mistake." Mikey shook his head, smirking slightly.

"My brother is so pathetic," he said, raising his voice just a tinge so that he could be sure that Gerard would hear him. "And I was sick of it. It disgusted me that he was willing to overlook anything this bastard did. So, I waited until he invited Brad over for dinner and then, I made Gerard watch me kill him." Although Frank tried to control it, he couldn't help it; he vomited over the edge of the bed, the hot liquid burning the inside of his tight throat. He was hoping that Mikey just intended to maim him in some way; he was hoping that the toes might have been enough.

But he knew it now. He was going to die, in this cramped bedroom with the faded posters on the wall and the stupid fucking TMNT sheets on the bed. This wasn't how he was supposed to die!

"Please don't kill me," he whispered, clutching the sheets between his fingers. "Please Mikey, I'm sorry, it was just a kiss, that's all." Mikey chuckled and raised the ax to sit on his right hand, the handle in his left. His fingers curled almost lovingly around it, caressing the wood like it was someone's skin. One, lone tear glittered in his right eye, perched on the edge but not spilling onto his cheek.

"I'm sorry Frank," he said quietly, "but I can't risk being humiliated. I won't be like my brother." Bending in half, he quickly kissed Frank's lips, ignoring the awful taste of blood and vomit mixed. Words were spilling from Frank's mouth, half-formed and tumbling over each other, hoping that they would be the one to save his life. Mikey just sighed and shook his head, pressing another kiss to Frank's swollen cheek.

"Close your pretty mouth," he whispered, pulling back with a smile. "I'll see you in hell, darling."

Frank was screaming before the last words were out of Mikey's mouth.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile since I wrote some gratuitous violence. Hopefully this was okay. (:
Also, I dedicate this to FunGhoul, who writes the best comments I've ever received.

xo.