Status: A work in progess. :)

You Got Me.

Safest place to hide.

Image

Once I was completely ready and I had put on as much make up as I could on my cheek, I walked out into Oliver's room where he was sitting on his bed, phone to ear.

"Dude! I just made that." I said not caring who he was talking to and he rolled his eyes as he got up quickly, ignoring me as he paced the floor.

"Yeah well call Tom. I'm not gonna be in town for a while he can handle it."

"Yeah ok. Lata." He finally said and hung up, shoving the phone into his front pocket.

"Sorrah. Yeh ready?" He asked and I nodded holding onto my bags.

"Then we shall go." He said smiling as he grabbed his up and placed his hand on my lower back, ushering me out of his room.

"Did you tell Tom and them?"

"Course, love." He said calmly as we walked to his car. He grabbed my bag from me and placed them in the backseat as I got in. I can't say I wasn't excited to be leaving because I was for several reasons. One being I loved London and two being miles away from Ben made me at ease. Especially when I knew i'd be with the one person in this world I felt safe with.

"We should be in London by 5." He said once we started driving. I nodded and fiddled with his radio and he looked over at me, "do yeh have yeh phone?"

I nodded, "yeah...somewhere in my purse. It's off."

"Oh."

"How long are we staying here?" I asked changing subjects because I knew it was leading to Ben.

"As long as we want." He said with a grin.

"That's not logical."

"Why must it always be logical Maria?" He asked reaching over and grabbing my hand gently.

I shrugged as I stared at his tattooed covered hand that now held mine. With my free one I began tracing my fingers over his tattoos gently.

He was the only person besides my family that made me feel safe. It was strange how just being in the same room as him gave me a calm, warming feeling. As if he was put here just for me, which was a silly thought but without him, I wouldn't know what I would be.

"What yeh finkin bout?" He asked causing me to look up at him.

"Nothing. Just how much of an amazing friend you are."

A grin hit his lips as he stared at the road in front of him. He gave my hand a light squeeze before he spoke, "like wise, Maria."

About two hours into the drive Oli decided to stop and get gas and I needed to pee so we found a small gas station on our way. I got out quickly wanting to stretch my legs more than anything. He followed suite and grabbed my hand on the way into the place.

"You could have gotten gas." I stated and he shrugged, "And risked yeh gettin possibly kidnapped or mugged? I'll wait." He said and I rolled my eyes as he finally dropped my hand so he could grab a few drinks.

I grabbed us a few snacks to tie us over and we walked to the register where of course he paid for everything. I didn't object anymore because it got me no where. I did however grab the bag and he held the door open for me on the way out to the car.

Once we were on the road again Oli fiddled with his cds and popped in an old linkin park cd and I rolled my eyes. I hated them and he knew that.

"Oh come on Oli." I whined.

"What?! Yeh got ta listen ta what yeh wanted."

"It was stuff you liked too!"

He rolled his eyes and held his drink out to me, "will yeh open this love?"

"I hate you." I groaned as I grabbed it and twisted off the top. He smiled before placing the water to his lips.

"Fine. Take it out Maria." He said one the bottle left his mouth and he sat it in the cup holder.

I shook my head no and looked out the window absentmindingly as he sang along softly and drummed his fingers on the steering wheel.

"Where are we staying?" I asked realizing none of this was planned out and I hated that. I was a planner. I liked to have things set out so nothing could go wrong.

Oliver on the other hand was the opposite. He didn't care much for plans he liked to do things sporadically and take risk. It was probably the only thing we differed on and the one thing about him that caused me to stress out.

He shrugged confirming my fear and I sighed.

"Relax Maria. We will stay somewhere. There are tons of hotels. Yeh truss meh don't yeh?" He asked looking over at me as we hit a red light.

I nodded and he brought my hand to his lips kissing the top of it gently before speaking once more.

"Then chill."

I breathed in deeply knowing he was right and his hand stayed firmly on mine as we coninued our journey.

"Does this hotel tickle yeh fancy?" He asked as we pulled up at one that seemed rather overly grand.

I rolled my eyes, "I mean, I guess so?"

He chuckled as we got out of the car once more and he grabbed our bags. It was funny the looks he got from the people leaving the hotel. Probably wondering how the hell he could afford such a place.

Oliver was funny though when it came to money. He wasn't much of a spender for himself but when it came to somone he loves he wouldn't think twice about dishing out money for something. Like when he would go on tour for months at a time he would always bring me so much stuff back as if since I wasn't there he felt the need to buy things to feel up the void of missing me. He was a genuine caring guy it was just a shame that people couldn't see the good side of him because I knew if everyone saw that side of him they would love him as much as I did.

Once we got a room I followed him to the elevator as we waited to go up to the 5th floor.

"Wanna go get somefin ta eat when we drop this off?" He asked and I nodded right as the elevator opened and we got on.

"Don't talk too much now."  He teased and I giggled softly causing a grin to hit his lips as we got off on our floor.

Once we found our room I opened the door since he had all our things and let him go in first. The room was honestly too big for just two people but I walked over and fell onto the bed realizing that this bed was too comfortable for it not to have a big room.

"Or we can orda room service and juss explore tomorra. We have all tha time in tha world." He said falling beside me and I turned my head to look at him.

"I don't care."

He chuckled, "course yeh don't. I'm down for anyfing. Which would yeh ratha do?"

"I just want to lay here." I said honestly and he leaned over and kissed my cheek, "Ok. Well i'll orda us some room service."

"Ok." I said as he got up and walked over to the phone which reminded me of my own one shoved in my purse. I sat up and grabbed it from the floor.

I breathed in as I hit the button to turn it back on. Once it was back on it started buzzing and flashing telling me I had 6 voicemails and 20 text all from Ben. I sighed and sat my phone down not bothering to read or hear any of them. I just wanted to be away from him. I know it's for the best.

"What's wrong?" Oli askd sitting back onto the bied.

"Nothing." I whispered as he grabbed up my phone. I watched him I assume flip through text as his face grew more server at each one he read.

"He's so fucking bipolar!" He said loudly and I fell back onto the bed, "just delete them."

"I am. I wasn't goin ta let yeh read them..."

"Oh well thanks."

He put my phone to his ear I assume to hear the voicemails which he instantly deleted.

"We're gettin yeh a new numba tomorra." He said throwing my phone onto my bag.

"Whatever you say."

"Cause I don't want him tryin ta contact yeh in any form or fashion. He's mental." He stated and I nodded as someone knocked on the door.

"Room serivce." He said with a grin as he hopped from the bed and I sat back up as he talked to the guy and appeared with our food.

"They're efficient." He said causing me to laugh as he sat beside me handing me my food from the cart they brought in.

"Ew. No they're not!" He said loudly as he slammed the cover back onto his plate.

I began laughing, "what is it?"

"I don't know! It looks alive!"

I was now in a fit of laughter as I walked over and lifted the lid. It looked like some sort of sea creature and the face Oli had was priceless. I was now laughing so hard tears were spilling from my eyes.

"It's not funny! This is supose ta beh a 5 star hotel!" He said through his laughter.

I grabbed the phone from the table and dialed for the front desk, "Yes, we ordered room service and well, it wasn't what we ordered. In fact, I think what we got is alive..." I said trying not to laugh as Oliver chuckled beside me.

The lady said she send someone up to retrieve it and when I hung up Oli and I both began to laugh.

"She said, alive?!" I said laughing and he placed his arm around my waist and brushed my tears off my cheek gently. He smiled down at me and I stared up at him.

"I love when yeh laugh." He whispered his thumb rubbing my cheek gently. Our eyes stayed locked on each others for longer than I think intended and our weird moment was interrupted by a knock on the door. He quickly removed his hnd from me and I felt it easier to breathe. What the hell just happened?

The guy took the room service back at Oli told him not to bother bringing anything back we we're just going to go out.

"I don't trust them...put yeh shoes on."

I laughed and did as he told me.

"Come on prettah girl." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me to the door.

"Do you know where anything is?"

"Of course. I've been here more times than I can count." He said with a grin as we reached the elevator.

"Which is probably not a lot anyways." I joked and he elbowed me, "oi, be nice." He said with a smile clearly not offended as we walked out of the hotel.

For some reason I found myself looking forward to the days ahead with Oliver and our little trip. Maybe this was just what I needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to:
Moobags
Colorful_dinos
Sad vinny
For the comments. :)

I'm taking on more than I probably should right now but I'm writing not only this story but a Matt Nicholls one and one on Garrett Nickelsen...and I just realized how similiar their last names are...ha. oh I'm easily amused anyways...I'm excited about them. :)