Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

quinze.

Grace was sitting on the floor of her almost empty apartment. She was packing the last of her stuff into a big cardboard box while Silas crawled around the living room. It was officially three weeks since she walked out on John. He hadn’t called, texted or tried to come over to see her or their son. She was heart broke, but she held it together every day for her and her son. She would tear up every time she looked a Silas. He was John’s mini-me in every way, from the hair on his head to his toothless smile.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Julia asked
“It’s for the best.” Grace stated.
“For you or Silas?” Julia spat.
“Julia, it’s best for both of us to get away from here. Silas won’t even remember him when he gets older. I’ll figure out something to tell him eventually.”
“I just don’t think it’s a good idea for you to move across the country.”
“You can visit me whenever you want, Julia.”
“Promise?”
“Of course.”

Grace gave a small smile to her best friend. She was good at holding in her feelings. All Grace really wanted to do was hug Julia and cry her heart out.

She had dropped out of ASU. She didn’t want to become a choir teacher anymore, she wanted nothing to do with any type of music. With the help of her mom she had been accepted into the University of New York, majoring in pre-law and minoring in psychology. Her mom also helped her get a two bedroom apartment in the nicest neighborhood. She was going to morning classes only, that way Silas wouldn’t have to be in day-care all day. She had everything planned out so she wouldn’t have to see John O’Callaghan again.

“Julia, can you get Silas situated in the car seat? This is the last box.”

Julia picked Silas up from the floor and Grace followed behind her with the box in her hands. She wasn’t prepared for what she saw as soon as she came out of her house. John was leaning on her car. His eyes were swollen and puffy and he looked like he hadn’t eaten in days.

“Grace, don’t fucking do this to me.” He said as she dropped the box on the ground in front of him.
“John, you’re the one who fucked up this relationship, not me.” She stated with an angry tone.
“You can’t take my son out of this state without my permission.”
“John, you signed that paper my mom sent you. I have it right here.” Grace dug her hand into her back pocket and pulled out a folded paper.
“What does a fucking piece of paper mean, Grace?” He questioned, anger flaring in his eyes.
“It means that you signed permission for me to take Silas to New York with me and that you have visitation for one week every three months in the state of New York. It’s also signed by a judge, John.” She spat.
“I signed it when I was wasted off my ass.”
“It doesn’t matter, you signed the fucking paper.”
“God Grace, I didn’t mean to fucking hurt you, but you taking my son away from me is worse than anything that could ever happen between us.”
“Well, get over it.”

With that said Grace picked up the box and walked past him, placing it in the trunk of her car.

“Can I say good-bye to him at least?” John asked, tears falling down his face.
“Fine.”

John made his way to the other side of her car and leaned over to the car seat.

“Silas, wherever you are in the world, just know that I will always love you. I will see you as much as I can and you will know that I am your daddy and always will be no matter what happens between me and mommy. I love you more than anything else and nothing can compare to you. You’re my son forever and I already can’t wait to see you again. Be good for mommy.”

Silas just stared up at him with his big baby eyes. His little hand made its way to John’s hand on the car seat. John was now crying, he didn’t want to see his son leave his sight and he can’t believe that its happening because of the choices John made. He had solely ruined his relationship with Grace because of a couple drunken mistakes that led to her finding out. If he didn’t get so stressed to the point of finding someone else to relieve it, none of this would of happened.

“Are you done?” Grace asked.
“Yeah.” He kissed Silas on the forehead and shut the back seat door.
“Good bye, John.” Grace said as she climbed into the drivers seat.
“Bye, sweetheart.” John said before turning and walking away.

Julia came up to the driver seat and Grace rolled down her window.

“Well, I’ll see you in about three weeks when I fly out with Beethoven.” Julia said.
“Please take good care of him and make sure you get that stuff from the vet so he is asleep for the whole plane ride. I don’t want him freaking out or anything.”
“Don’t worry your pretty little head, he’ll be fine.”
“Love you.”
“Love you too, call me as soon as you stop for the night.”

Julia backed away from the car and Grace rolled her window up. She turned and took one look at Silas, he was already asleep. She turned back around and started the engine. She pulled out of the parking space and out on to the street. Julia was waving bye the entire time and Grace finally felt like she could let the tears fall as she made her way onto the highway that would take her out of the state.

“Good bye, home sweet home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that's the end, sorry guys.

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL.

I'm just not sure when I'm going to post it.
Maybe tonight?!

COMMENT.