Sequel: All My Loving
Status: Alive&Well. Feedback? Please!

Sweet Child O' Mine

kuat.

Grace looked John up and down, his face became pale and his hands started trembling a bit. His eyes were lost in his own thoughts.
“I said, I'm having your kid.” Grace played with her hands and kept her eyes locked with his.

She wasn't afraid of this anymore, the first she found out, she was scared to death, but over the night she decided that this isn't something to be scared of. Although it was an accident, Grace was ready to take it on as if it was a challenge.

“Bullshit, I want proof that your pregnant.” He said spitting the words through his teeth.
Grace kept calm, “Fine, walk with me back to my apartment.”

They walked silently next to each other until they reached her apartment. She unlocked the door and entered, holding the door for John and Beethoven.

“Julia, I'm home and I have someone with me.” Grace shouted into the apartment.

Julia came from the living room. “John this is Julia, Julia this is John.” Grace made the introductions. They both nodded at each other. Grace made a motion for John to follow. They both walked into the bathroom. Grace opened the mirrors cabinet and pulled out the two positive pregnancy tests, showing them to John. His face became pale again and sweat trickled from his forehead.

“I think I'm gonna be si-” He dropped to his knees in front of the toilet and emptied his breakfast.

He wiped his mouth off and shut the lid to toilet, resting his forehead against it.

“Are you sure it's mine?” He asked, it was barley audible.
“You're the only person I've been with in over six months.”

John stood up and looked at her, “I will not be a deadbeat dad if you have decided to keep it.”
“I'm keeping that baby.” She stated.
“We're in this together, we'll make it somehow.”

They exchanged numbers and he left.

John didn't know what to do or what to think. His parents always told him, “Don't have sex till you're married and if you do decide to engage, be careful.” And this time, he wasn't careful. Truthfully he didn't remember most of the night, the last thing he really remembered was laying in Jared front lawn cuddling with the small girl and talking about whether or not they believed in god. He didn't remember bringing her home or even sleeping with her. He just kept thinking over and over again, “I'm having a kid.”

John entered his house, he shared it with two of his bandmates, Kennedy and Garrett. He set his keys down on the small table by the door and slipped his Vans off his feet. He walked into the living room to his best friends staring intently at the TV with Xbox controllers in their hands.

“I'm gonna fuckin kill you.” Garrett said through his teeth.
“You have to catch up to me first.” Kennedy laughed.
“Fuck you.”

The two were playing Midnight Club: Los Angeles and were very into it. John plopped down on the chair next to the couch.

“Let me guess, Kennedy is still beating you?”
“Don't start John.” Garrett shot a side glare at him, returning his eyes to the screen immediately just in time to see his car crash into a wall.

John and Kennedy both bursted out laughing, while Kennedy cruised his car through the finish line.

“Dude, if he didn't say anything, I would've won.” Garrett was trying his best to defend his honor.
“No way, you're like three laps behind me.” Kennedy pointed at the screen.

John sat their, watching but not really hearing the two argue with each other. This was a daily thing, Garrett and Kennedy were always pushing each others buttons, but there were the best of friends. John just kept thinking about Grace, he couldn't get her out of his mind. He almost died when she said, “I'm having your baby.” He felt it as unreal, a bad dream. What was he going to do with a kid on the way? His band was heading out on their first headlining tour in just a few weeks. He was suppose to be on the road for three months. He didn't know why he felt guilty for that, he felt like Grace would be hurt if he left for the long, while she was pregnant with his child. His child, he kept repeating it over and over again in his head.

“Hey John you want to hear that song we've been working on?” Kennedy asked as he set down the controller.
“Yeah, right on.” John said.

The three boys made their way upstairs into Kennedy's room. Kennedy picked up his acoustic and started strumming. John listened intently, words streaming into his head looking for the right phrases that flow together. Kennedy finished the song and looked up at John.

“Play it again,” John said. “But slow it down.”

Kennedy began to strum, slowing it down just by a bit. When Kennedy reached a certain part, John began to sing softly, “Cause it's time to move on, and I'm stuck to let go, but then 'Wonderwall' comes on the radio. I flash back to the night in you parents yard, when we drank too much and we talked about God. Growing up won't bring us down. Growing up, it won't bring us down. We're in this together, yeah, we'll make it somehow. Nothing gonna stop us now...” Both Garrett and Kennedy could hear a hint of sadness in Johns voice.

Kennedy stopped playing when John became silent.

“Kennedy record that on something, I'm gonna work on it..” John said rubbing his chin with his hand.
“Dude, that was sick, I've never seen you just pull out words like that.” Garrett said.
“Yeah man, sounds like something wrong though.” Kennedy said, while looking over at Garrett to see if he thought so as well.
“Yeah, what's wrong?”
“Guys, I fucked up.” John wiped at his eyes as tear were starting to form. He couldn't believe he was crying, even more so crying in front of his best friends.

Both Kennedy and Garrett were surprised to see John crying, they never have seen a single tear before and they've all known each other for a long while. Kennedy pulled John into a hug.

“Dude, whatever it is, we're here for you.” Garrett said, patting Johns back.

He looked up, wiping his eyes and stared at both his friends in front of him.

“Remember that girl I got with a couple weeks ago?” He said.
“Yeah, that really pretty blonde girl, what'ser name?” Kennedy asked.
“Grace Everhart,” Garrett said. “I went to high school with her.”
“Yeah, I'm talking about Grace.”
“What about her?” Both Kennedy and Garrett said in unison.
“She's pregnant.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Confide., for the lovely commeeeeent.
And thanks to my eight subscribers, love you guys!

Give me feedback, yeaaah?