No Where Left To Run

Rose

Mystic Falls High School

“Wait so let me understand, after you helped Damon trap Katherine in the tomb he kissed you? He actually finally kissed you?” I asked Everleigh in excitement as we stood by our lockers and she finally spilled to me about what happened after Jeremy took me home; I knew something had happened because she’s been acting strange and quite all day which isn’t like her unless she’s hiding something from me.

“Yes we kissed now can you please keep your voice down? I don’t want the whole school knowing my private life” Everleigh said to me as she pretended to tiny up her locker even though her locker was always neat and tiny; she just didn’t want to have this conversation with me although she was fine having this conversation when I started dating Jeremy, so now it was my turn to grill her for all the gossip.

“Okay sorry, you know I’m just excited for you Leigh. It’s about time he made his move on you, I’ve been waiting a long time for this” I said to my best friend with a smile as she just rolled her eyes at me because she knew I was more excited about this then she was; but when Stefan rushed over to us and told us that someone had kidnapped Elena last night our good moods vanished.

“Stefan if you go talk to Katherine then she’s not going to tell you anything without something in return, but I might have a way to found out where Elena is being held. I need Jeremy and an empty room” I said to him with he agreed to before he told me to find Jeremy and use Alaric’s class room; Everleigh found Jeremy for me while I lit a candle and unfolded a map on a desk before the three of them entered the class room.

“How this is work?” Jeremy asked me as I got him to stand opposite me around the table while Everleigh stood off to the side with Stefan and I could sense how worried he was about Elena; which made me want to get as close as I could to where she was being held because if this happened to Jeremy then I’d do everything I could to find him.

“I’ll use your blood to draw out Elena’s energy for the tracking spell. You’re blood related so it will make the connection stronger, but this will hurt” I explained to my boyfriend before I cut his hand as gently as I could and as soon as one drop of his blood fell onto the map I closed my eyes and begun the spell; it took me a minute or two until I opened my eyes and watched the blood drops form into one and run slowly to where Elena was.

“That’s 300 miles away, no Paige we need a more exact location” Stefan said to me as I pointed out on the map where Elena was and I knew it wasn’t what Stefan was hoping for but it was the best that I could do; both Stefan and Damon tended to forget that I may be powerful but I can’t do everything they want or need.

“That’s the closest you’re going to get Stefan, Paige is a witch yes but she’s not centuries old” Everleigh told Stefan to defend me while I made sure Jeremy’s hand was okay and packed up my map and candle; I knew that Stefan felt bad for wanting more from me and I understood why.

“We can map it, area view will show us what’s around there and help us bound the area” Jeremy said as he wrapped a bandage around his hand to help the wound heal and Stefan seemed to like his idea; I let a proud smile form on my face as Jeremy helped us and I could finally say that I had the most perfect boyfriend ever.

“Perfect. Call me with whatever you find, I want you and Paige to go back to your house just in case. I’ll call you the minute I find her” Stefan said to us which I knew was going to be hard for Jeremy because this was his sister; if this happened to Everleigh than I’d be the first one out there looking for her but he was safer here with me.

“And he’s not going to be alone, I’m going with him and I’m sure Everleigh will come with us as well. We’ll find her alive Jeremy” Damon said as he walked into the class room and went straight over to Everleigh which I thought was the cutest thing ever; I agreed for Jeremy before we walked out of the class room and went our separate ways.

Jeremy’s Bedroom

“I hate sitting around and waiting, I should be with them looking for Elena” Jeremy said to me as he sat on his bed with me beside him and I knew waiting was going to frustrate him; but there wasn’t much I could do to help them find Elena and I wasn’t going to do anything that could harm her because I didn’t know who or what was with her.

“She’s going to be fine Jer and trust me you’re safer here, what if you went and got attacked? Elena would want you here with me… wait there’s something I want to try” I said to him as I stood up from his bed and walked over to his desk where I had placed my handbag; I pulled out the grimoire that I normally always have with me or near me.

“What are you doing?” Jeremy asked me as he watched what I was doing in slight confusion but he knew I’d tell him what I was doing in time and he knew he just had to wait for a few minutes; I sat back down on his bed as I opened the grimoire and flipped through the papers until I found the spell that I was looking for.

“I need a candle and get me Elena’s hairbrush” I told him which made him rush into the bathroom to get me a candle and Elena’s hairbrush before he sat back down beside me; I wrote a message to Elena on a piece of paper before I lit the candle and crumpled the piece of paper in my hand, I held the paper in my hand and held it over the candle as I closed my eyes and started the spell.

“Paige? Paige! Paige stop! Paige!” Jeremy said in panic as he watched me closely and tried to get me to stop the spell as I felt my energy start to get drained and my noise started to bleed; but I wasn’t going to stop the spell until I was finished so when I felt the paper turn to ash in my hand and the spell work I opened my eyes and smiled.

I felt my eyes close again as I fell back onto Jeremy’s bed as I fell unconscious and I desperately tried to wake myself up when I heard Jeremy yell my name but I didn’t have enough energy now; I had been doing a lot of powerful magic lately which wore me out and that was dangerous for a witch because it could kill us.

2 Hours Later

I stirred a little as my eyes fluttered open and I took in my surroundings which hadn’t changed since I knocked myself unconscious; I was still laying on Jeremy’s bed with him sitting beside me as he waited for me to wake up and I knew he was going to ask me questions about what happened, I wanted to tell him everything about being a witch but some things were better left unsaid.

“Here drink this. What happened Paige, you scared the hell out of me” Jeremy asked me as he helped me up into a sitting position on the bed before he handed me a glass of water; I thanked him before I drank some of the water and tried to stall myself so I didn’t have to tell him, which I knew I’d have to.

“It was nothing Jer, I’ve just been using magic a lot lately and sometimes it can ware me out but I’m fine” I said to him as I placed the glass of water on his bedside table and turned a little so I was looking at him better; I just wanted to tell him what he wanted to know and get this over with because I was still worried that he’d realise I was too much trouble and leave me.

“When I’m warn down, I take a nap. You were… you were unconscious” Jeremy said to me as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and gently pulled me against him; I leaned against his body and rested my head in the crook of his neck as I pulled my knees up a bit.

“Witchcraft has its limits. If I push too hard, it pushes back. It’s all in the grimoire and it’s like a reminder that I’m not invincible, please Jer you can’t tell anyone about this. It’s a weakness and I don’t want anyone that can hurt me to know” I said to him as I tilted my head up a little bit so I could look at him and I knew he wouldn’t tell anyone but I just want to make sure.

“I won’t tell anyone, I promise but the next time you feel like this then you come and tell me” Jeremy said to me causing me to nod as I agreed with him because I knew he just wanted to protect me and look after me; this was his way of doing that but I did feel better now that someone knew what to look for when I use my powers.

Jeremy and I stayed like that for another few hours and we mainly just stayed in a very comfortable silence which was fine with me because I was still tired and worn out; today made myself and Jeremy see that just because I was a witch that didn’t make me invincible and there were things that could hurt me.

“Elena?” Jeremy called out when we both heard the front door close and someone slowly walk up the stairs; we both climbed off the bed and rushed out into the hallway where Everleigh was helping Elena up the stairs.

“I’m fine, I’m fine” Elena reassured us both as I walked over to her and gave her a hug before I stepped aside and let Jeremy hug his sister; Everleigh told me that Elena had gotten my message and that we were going to stay the night so she could make sure Elena was alright, she’s already asked Jenna and she agreed which was fine with Jeremy as I’d be sleeping in his room with him although Everleigh warned us she’d be checking in on us too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige’s Outfit

Please Comment