No Where Left To Run

The Dinner Party

“Damon came over to see me this morning, like he usually does but he told me something Paige. He heard that Tyler ran away last night” Everleigh said to me softly as I was sitting at the kitchen counter eating my breakfast; Damon coming over in the morning wasn’t anything new as he liked to spend some time with Everleigh while I was still fast asleep.

“Tyler what? But I just saw him, why would he just run away? We have to go find him, what if something’s happened?” I said as I was just about to stand up when Everleigh appeared in front of me and placed her hand on my shoulder to keep me seated; I was still in shock that I couldn’t think straight but in the back of my mind I knew that Tyler would most likely be safe.

“We don’t know why he ran but he’s probably with that other werewolf, Jules or whatever that bitches name is. Tyler obviously wanted this Paige” Everleigh explained to me as she looked at my breakfast causing me to slowly start eating again; it bothered me that I didn’t know why Tyler would leave like this but I knew it had to do with him being a werewolf now.

“I just want to know why, he didn’t even come talk to me or even say goodbye” I said softly as I finished eating my breakfast before I walked over to the sink to wash my dishes; I could feel Everleigh’s eyes watching my every move because she knew Tyler leaving would affect me as most people in my life have left.

“Well… he did come around last night but I didn’t know that he was planning on saying goodbye, I was still angry about what his werewolf friends did to you so I just told him to leave. I’m sorry” Everleigh said to me softly knowing that I wouldn’t like what I was hearing but I couldn’t be angry at her; she was just trying to protect me the best that she could and I knew that but I just wish that I could have talked to Tyler.

“It’s fine Leigh, I understand why. Do you think I should go around to see Mrs Lockwood? I mean she lost her husband and now her son has run away” I asked as I looked over at Everleigh who was slightly surprised by what I said; Carol Lockwood never really has anything to do with me and if she did then it was because of my family but Tyler was my friend.

“No Paige, I think she just needs some time by herself for now. She has a lot to think about and deal with right now” Everleigh said to me as I walked over to the dining table where I had placed my handbag; I just wanted to go for a walk before I met up with Jeremy at Mystic Grill so we could hang out.

“Of course, I’m going to go for a walk. I’ll see you later” I said to my best friend before I walked through the front door and let my feet just walk wherever they wanted to go; I needed to clear my head but I did receive a text message from Bonnie telling me that she performed magic on Luka and knows why his Dad is working with Elijah, but now Jonas has taken her powers away.

Mystic Grill

“Hey, are you okay? Everleigh called me and told me about Tyler, also that she was worried about you” Jeremy said as he walked over to me and took a seat in the chair beside me as I sat at a table just staring off at nothing; I turned my head to look at my worried boyfriend as he brought me back down from my daydreaming.

“Yeah I’m fine, I always knew that I’d never have a normal life. But I feel so bad because I brought you, Elena, Tyler and Caroline into this life, none of you deserve this” I said as I looked at him and I’ve never told anyone that before but it felt good to get it off my chest; I knew what Jeremy was going to say and this time I wanted him to say it because I needed to hear it.

“I don’t know about the others but I’m glad that I’m in this life with you Paige, I love knowing what you can do and seeing it. I wouldn’t change this for a normal boring life” Jeremy reassured me as he took my hand into his and gave my hand a gentle squeeze; I knew that was the truth because Jeremy would never lie to me about anything.

“Thank you Jer, that’s just the thing that I needed to hear. Let’s go back to my house, it’s getting busy in here” I said smiling at him as I stood up from the chair as I put my bag over my shoulder and entwined my fingers with his; we walked back to my house in a comfortable silence but as soon as we walked inside I saw a very stressed out Everleigh.

“Thank God you’re with Jeremy, listen I need you both to promise me that you won’t leave this house tonight. Damon has this stupid plan to kill Elijah tonight” Everleigh said to us and I knew she didn’t want me anywhere near Elijah but she was more worried about the man she loved; we all knew how stubborn Damon was but Everleigh was the one who had to deal with that.

“Yeah we won’t leave, I promise Leigh. But if something happens or you need me then call me, I’m not afraid of Elijah” I told her as she ran around the house at vampire speed but I knew she’d still be able to hear me; I watched as she stopped in front of us before she hugged me tightly without hurting me before she was out the front door.

Later

I had cooked dinner for Jeremy as I seeing as we weren’t allowed outside tonight but it was more romantic having a home cooked meal; we ate in the living room which Jeremy had placed candles all around the room but right now he was putting all the dishes into the dishwasher while I was sitting on the couch reading one of my Grandma’s journals.

It was only last week that I went into her bedroom for the first time since she died and it was weird but also helped me move on and let her go; I got Everleigh to help me pack up some of her things that she wanted to give away when she died but I also moved all of her journals and books into my room so I could have them.

“Found anything useful in there yet?” Jeremy asked as he sat on the couch beside me and wrapped his arm around my waist as I leaned into his side; I curled up beside him with my legs resting on the couch as I read through her thoughts.

“I’m not sure yet but I might have, her thought are everywhere in this section so I’m not quite sure of what I have found” I said to him as I flipped the page over and continued to read as Jeremy placed a kiss on the side of my head; I knew I should have been paying attention to him but I needed to get through all of my Grandma’s journals by myself.

“Can we just stay like this forever? No matter what happens in the future, can we always just remember this night” Jeremy said to me softly as he rested his forehead against my head which caused me to close the journal and look at him; Jeremy isn’t afraid to show affection to me in public but he always saves the romantic things for when we’re alone.

“I’ll always remember this night Jer, I love you so much and I’ll do everything in my power to protect you and keep you safe” I said to him as I placed the journal on the coffee table before I stood up from the couch; I pulled Jeremy with me as I took him upstairs to my bedroom causing him to realise what was coming, I giggled when he picked me up and carried me into my room as I kissed the soft spot on his neck as he kicked my door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
Paige's Outfit

Please Comment!