Status: On hold , help me?

Smile for Me

dos

“I can’t believe I can’t sit with you guys.” I groaned, looking at the airplane terminal with dread.
“Don’t worry, Katie, you’ll be fine.” My best friend, Emma, assured me as she put her arm around my shoulders. “It’s just a couple of hours.”
“And the flight here wasn’t so bad, was it?” Jen piped up, standing on my other side with her arms crossed.
“No.” I grumbled, fighting back the nauseous waves in my stomach. “But I still say we should have driven.”
Jen rolled her eyes and walked off, not wanting to listen to my whining any more. But I was honestly terrified of flying and she shouldn’t be so bitchy.
“Oh my God, you guys!” Haylie screamed as she ran towards us, her hair flying behind her as Mandy tried to keep up.
Both girls were out of breath as they caught us, and Mandy bent over at the waist as she wheezed, obviously out of shape.
“Spent the whole summer sitting on your fat asses, huh?” Emma teased with a laugh.
“Shut…up.” Mandy tried to push her, but her hand slid right off her shoulder and down to her side again.
“What’s going on?” I asked, laughing at them.
Haylie had her hands on her hips as she fought for breath, and managed to get a few words out in between gasps. “Synyster…Gates…here…flying…oh God…”
I looked at Emma with raised eyebrows. “I think they’re delusional from lack of air.”
She huffed out a laugh. “Where is he?”
“We didn’t see him.” Haylie took another deep breath before speaking again. “But some of the girls were talking to the security guards, and I heard his name mentioned.”
I tried to stop myself, but couldn’t help the way I looked around the airport, scanning the faces and bodies to fine someone who might resemble the one and only Synyster Gates, lead guitarist for Avenged Sevenfold, the best band in the whole damn world.
But I didn’t see him anywhere, and felt disappointment as I turned back to the girls.
“Are you sure?” Emma was asking.
“Positive.” Haylie nodded her head emphatically before grinning from ear to ear. “What if he’s on the same flight as us, guys?”
I rolled my eyes and scoffed. “Please, Haylie. As if Synyster Gates is going to fly on our plane. He’s a rock star, for Christ’s sake. He’d fly first class.”
Mandy was still breathing heavily and her face was still red, though she was standing up straight.
“You okay, there, Mandy?” I asked with a laugh.
She nodded and took a deep breath.
“You need to lay off the Crispy Cream and Starbucks, my friend.” Emma said with an evil grin.
Mandy flipped Emma the finger before picking up her carry on and slinging in over her shoulder.
“Do you guys not hear the intercom?” Jen snapped at us from a few feet away. “They’re telling us to board, now move it!”
“What’s up her ass?” Emma muttered to me as we both picked up our bags to follow Emma and Haylie to the terminal.
I shook my head and turned to look out the window, mentally saying good-bye to my beloved LA as I prepared to head back home to Huntington Beach.