Status: Complete

A Minute Without You

he took my breath away

"A Minute Without You"

when the minutes seem like hours
and the hours seem like days
then a week goes by, you know it takes my breath away


-by hanson

Chapter one:

i'm 27 years old and i've been married to an amazing man for the past five years. my name is lori and this is my story, and in order for you to understand it as a whole, i'll need to start at the beginning... when i fell in love for the first and last time.

(ten years ago)


there i was in tulsa, oklahoma. we had just moved there from south carolina and it was the first day of school. i walked into the main office of Berryhill High to see if i could get help finding my first class and that was when i saw him for the first time. that shaggy blonde hair, those piercing blue eyes, that perfect smile. i was in awe, he was the most beautiful human being i had ever seen. he took my breath away. i blinked a few times to make sure that i wasn't seeing things. and sure enough, i was not. he was really there.

"Hi, my name's Taylor, i dont think ive seen you before, are you new?", he said to me as i walked through the door.

i was beside myself, it took me a moment to realize that he was speaking to me and that i was staring at him.

"I - uh - yes, i'm new... sorry... my name is lori."
"well, lori, i'd be happy to show you around." he replied smiling.

he opened the door for me and i walked out into the busy hall. he put his hand on my elbow and took my schedule from me. i smiled at him and we began making our way through the crowd.

"So, Lori, what are you doing in Tulsa?", he asked.
"My father grew up here, and he wanted to move back to open up a store."

he then stopped in front of a door, this was my english class. he smiled sweetly and told me to come find him if i had any trouble. taylor briefly put his hand on my arm and i swear his eyes seemed to almost glow. he was so beautiful, and i knew then and there that i had a crush on this boy.

"Maybe i can show you around town sometime." he said as he turned to walk away.
"That would be great." i called after him.