Status: in the works!

Let Me Dream, Let Me Stay.

Can't get you out of my head.

Eventually the time came when Fred felt that it was safe enough to reunite with their families. He gripped Savannah’s hand tightly one last time before he disapparated to meet up with his loved ones. Savannah stood in the field by herself for a moment, just taking in the peacefulness of her surroundings. She smiled lightly to herself, thinking about how calm she felt as she and Fred lay on the ground, staring up at the sky. After one last look, she closed her eyes and thought of home.

She landed on the ground, standing up to brush off the small amount of dirt that had gotten on her dress. Brushing the messy mass of hair out of her eyes, she began to walk up to her house. Much like the burrow, Savannah’s house was wooden and oddly shaped. It was slightly smaller of course, since it only housed Savannah and her parents as opposed to the bustling household of the Weasley family.

She opened her front door and saw her mother and father sitting at the kitchen table. Her mother tossed the paper she was reading to the side and jumped up from her seat, rushing over to Savannah’s side. She embraced her daughter tightly and ran her hand through her messy hair. She pulled a rag from her pocket and began to wipe dirt from her cheeks. “There you are. We’ve been so worried,” she said, as she continued to clean Savannah up. Savannah bit her lip and looked down at the floor. “I’m fine, mother.”

Her father, still sitting at the table, finally turned his attention to the young girl, carefully removing his glasses from his face. “Savannah, have a seat.” Savannah formed a line with her lips and took a deep breath before taking a seat at the small circular table next to her father. Her mother took the seat on the other side, quietly. Savannah sat silently, waiting for her father to say whatever was on his mind.

Mr. Morgan stared at his daughter for a moment, thinking over his words before he began his speech. “Savannah, you are an intelligent witch. I am sure that you know that times are changing.” Savannah nodded, as a slight chill ran up her spine. She waited for her father to continue. “But you are still young. And I believe you still have a right to be young. So all I want you to remember is to be careful. We are all at jeopardy at all times. Just keep your eyes open.” And with that, her father placed his glasses back on the bridge of his nose and stood up from the table, heading up the stairs.

Savannah looked over at her mother who still sat at the table, fingering through the pages of a book. Her mother looked up and moved her seat so that she was sitting across from her daughter. “What your father means is that we know what it is like to be a teenager. It is unfortunate that these dark times are happening, but we still want you to make your own decisions. We trust you. But we want you to keep your safety as your number one priority.” Savannah smiled and sighed. “I will, mother.”

A wave of silence washed over the mother and daughter as they both sat at the table, the only noise being her father’s soft footsteps on the floor above them. Soon enough, her mother spoke up. “Well the wedding was nice anyway, until all Hell broke loose.” Savannah chuckled lightly. Leave it to her mother to find the positive in any situation. “It was very nice,” she said, before staring into the distance. “I didn’t see you much, though. After the ceremony you seemed to disappear. Where were you?” Savannah looked down at the table, studying her hands that were clasped together. Images of Fred swam through her mind and she tried her hardest to hide the smile that was threatening to break out on her face.

Her mother stared at her, waiting for her answer. “Oh, Autumn and I were hanging out with two of Molly’s sons.” Her mother laughed, a smirk forming on her lips. “The twins?” Savannah laughed. “Yeah. They’re…one, well two, of a kind.” Her mother continued to smirk at her. “Is that where you went when they showed up? With Autumn and the twins?” Savannah shook her head slightly. “Sort of. I went with Fred. Autumn went with George.” Her mother smiled and raised her eyebrows. “You and Fred? Oh, I’ll just have to let Molly know. He is cute. Imagine if you got married? Molly and I could really be closer than ever. And the children! Oh they would be just gorgeous!” Savannah’s eyes grew quite large and she spit out the tea that she had been drinking. “Mum! It’s not like that,” she said, as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. Though as much as she denied her mother’s antics, she couldn’t help but think of the spark that she felt when she was around Fred. His smile, his laugh, the way he spoke; all of it made Savannah’s stomach flutter. Her mother remained quiet, smiling. “Whatever you say.” Savannah stood up and walked towards the staircase. “Really, Mum. It’s nothing.”

Savannah took the stairs two at a time and went into her bedroom, pulling out a clean set of clothing to put on. She walked over to a mirror on the wall and gazed at her reflection, wiping off the last bit of dirt that remained. She flattened out her mess of hair and wiped off the lipstick on her mouth. Walking over to her bed, she collapsed onto the soft fabric. She stared up at the ceiling and thoughts ran through her head. She needed to talk to Autumn and see what her parents said. She needed to talk to Autumn about George.

But most of all, she needed to figure out when she would see Fred again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another chapter! And this story is just moving along.
But Katie and I would LOVE some feedback.
It'd be really great to hear what you think.
<3