Status: Formerly known as Stolen

In My Arms

Likes To Dance, She Can Skate, Now She Don't Make A Sound

A week had passed since I started school. It was going pretty good. I had made friends with Emma, Michael, Andrew, Eric, Jason, Zack, and Aaron. All of my classes were easy and fun. So far, I really liked Huntington Beach High School. even the people I wasn’t immediate friends with were nice to me. Well, most of them anyways. There were a few that gave me attitude.
So far, no one had even come close to figuring out that my dad was Matt Sanders. I wasn’t really worried about people knowing my last name, since Sanders isn’t all that rare. The only one that had asked about my family was Zack, but when I told him that I didn’t really like to talk about them he got the point and dropped the subject.
Today I was starting my second week of school, and my second week of seeing the psychologist. I knew today was sign-ups for the talent show, but I was still debating whether to participate or not. I really wanted to. But I was scared of dancing again. I was also nervous of telling Matt that I could dance. What would be expected of me then? Would he even like the fact that I dance?
After Matt dropped me off at school, I headed straight to my locker to get my English book. As I opened up my locker a note fell out and landed on the floor. I pick it up and saw my name written on the front. On the inside it said, ‘This school could use some talent from a girl like you, go to Room 51 during lunch.’ But there was no name. Never the less, it made me smile. Whom ever had wrote the note, was showing faith in me. That was exactly what I needed at the moment.
Once lunch rolled around, instead of meeting up with Emma or Jason, like I had been, I went to Room 51. As I walked in I noticed that it was a small dance studio. But it was bigger than a normal classroom.
“Hello?” I called out.
“I see you decided to show up.” Jason said walking up to me.
“I can’t help it. Someone sends me a note telling me to be somewhere and I get curious.” I smiled.
“Well if you’re still curious, I know someone who you might like to meet.” He said.
“And who would that me?” I asked.
“Will! Get out here!” He shouted behind him. I stood there confused until a tall guy walked out from behind a wall.
“Will, this is Kasey. Kasey this is Will. I figure he can help you prepare for the talent show. He’s also a dancer.” Jason said.
“You did this for me?” I asked surprised.
“Have fun.” He nodded his head and walked out smiling.
“Shall we begin?” Will asked me. Immediately I could tell he had an accent.
“Sure.” I said setting down my bag.
“How about first you show me what you can do.” He suggested.
“Well I actually haven’t danced in over two years.” I confessed.
“Alright, that’s fine. I’ll show you a few moves, and then you copy them, ok?” He asked. I nodded my head and stepped back. After I watched him to a short routine, I imitated it.
“You catch on fast.” He smiled.
“Thanks. I guess maybe I haven’t lost all my game yet.” I joked.
“Let’s try one more, but a bit slower this time so you put your own style on it and make it your own.” He said. Again, I stood back and watched him. I watched every move and then joined in, mixing his moves up a little.
“You’re a really good dancer.” He said.
“Thanks, you too.” I said.
“So what kind of dance did you used to do?” He asked as we sat down on the floor.
“Well I studied ballet for a while. And so I got into contemporary dance. But I also touched on other kinds like ballroom.” I said.
“Ok. So what were you thinking about doing for the talent show?” He asked.
“I’m not really sure.” I said.
“Have you ever performed in front of an audience?” He asked.
“Not without a partner or group.” I said.
“Well if you’d like, I’ll be your partner.” He offered.
“Really?” I asked.
“Sure.” He smiled.
“Ok, that sounds awesome. So what song should we perform?” I asked.
“Well, how about you go through my IPod and find a song you like. I have a playlist devoted to dance. Pick one out and then we’ll work out a routine.” He said handing it to me and standing up.
“Ok.” I said and the bell rang. As I was sitting in my next class, I went through his IPod since I had no work to do. After going through tons of music I finally settled on one song that would grab peoples’ attention.
*****
“Find a song already?” Will laughed as I waited for him outside his last class.
“Yeah, I did. If It Kills Me.” I said, handing him back his IPod.
“Good choice. We can start practice tomorrow during lunch.” He said. I nodded my head and sad goodbye. I quickly made my way outside to my dad’s car.
“Did you have a good day?” He asked me as I got in.
“I did.” I smiled. He nodded his head and we silently drove to Dr. Petrelli. When I got there, he took me in right away.
“How have you been?” He asked me.
“Good.” I said.
“I talked to your dad and he said that you went one night without sleepwalking.” He smiled.
“Only one though.” I sighed.
“Kasey this is really good. Don’t be disappointed because it was just one night. Everything starts with one. This is just the beginning.” He said. I nodded my head and waited for him to speak or do something.
“You’re going to do a test. I’ll show you a picture and you tell me what you see.” He said and pulled out a piece of paper. He flipped it over so I could see it and I saw a huge black blotch. But it had a form to it.
“It looks like a face. Two eyes squinting at me and a sick smile. The ears look like a wolf or a dog.” I commented. He nodded his head and pulled out another picture.
“What do you see?” he asked.
“Another face. Two eyes and a frown. And blood.” I said.
“This one?’ He asked.
“Two people bending over like they are avoiding the red stains above them.” I said.
“Next.” He said.
“It’s like a dark black cloud.” I said. Again, he flipped to another photo.
“A bat with claws.” I said. Next photo.
“A big axe with a small handle, with a mirror image.” I said. Next.
“I see faces inside of the grey.” I said.
“Two animals on the sides and a weird alien looking face in the middle.” I said. Next picture.
“Fire, then water, then blood.” I said.
“Last one.” he said.
“Spider with pinchers.” I said.
“Ok, that’s it.” He said putting them away.
“What was that for?” I asked.
“Just to see how you interpret the ink blotches.” He said.
“So how’d I do?” I asked.
“There was no right or wrong answer. You did fine.” He said.
“So have you decided if you’re going to be in the talent show?” He asked me.
“I’m pretty sure I am. My friend Jason introduced me to another dancer at my school. He said he would be my partner.” I said.
“But you’re still not completely sure?” He asked confused.
“Not exactly. I mean I still haven’t even told my dad that I can dance.” I said.
“Why did you stop dancing in the first place?” He asked. I gulped.
“My mom didn’t like it when I danced.” I muttered.
“What do you mean?” He pushed.
“I was never good enough for her.” I said.
“Did you like dancing?” He asked.
“Yes, a lot.” I said.
“Then, that’s all that matters. Dance because you love it, not for someone else.” He said and I nodded my head.
*****
“How was school today?” Zacky asked me as we wall sat down for dinner.
“It was good. Hey dad, I was thinking about being in the school talent show.” I said.
“That’s awesome! What are you going to do?” He asked interested.
“Dance.” I said.
“So do we get to watch you perform?” He asked.
“I’ll think about it.” I teased.
“Ok, well either way I know you’ll do great.” He said and kissed my head. I was really surprised. For some reason I thought he might be mad. But who am I kidding? He loves me. It was stupid for me to think that he would be mad.
*****
“So first things first. What kind of dance do you want to do with the song?” Will asked me as we sat down in the dance studio.
“How about contemporary?.” I said.
“And now we come up with a routine.” He said.
“Well lunch is about to end? How about we pick this up after school?” I asked looking at my phone.
“Sounds great.” He said.
*****
About a week and a half passed since Will and I had begun working on our dance. It was coming along great. We had finished choreographing it, now we just had to practice it over and over again. Once I told Emma that Will and I were going to be in the talent show, she offered to help me make costumes since she liked to design clothes.
“So what was theme going to be?” She asked me as I sat in her room. We could have gone to my house but I didn’t want to take the chance of her running into any of the guys.
“Well we’re not really sure. Just simple colors like blue and purple.” I said.
“Ok, I can work with that.” She said. She brought out a sketchpad and some colored pencils.
“I have an idea.” She smiled. A couple hours later and she had the design all drawn out. I ended up staying for dinner since her parents invited me.
“So what do your parents do for a living?” Anna, Emma’s mom asked me.
“Well I just live with my dad. But he works in the entertainment industry.” I said trying to be vague.
“Do you have any siblings?” Jerry, Emma’s dad asked me.
“Yeah, I have sister, but she passed away.” I said.
“Oh, I’m so sorry.” He apologized.
“It’s ok. So what do you guys do for a living?” I asked putting a fake smile on.
“I’m a lawyer.” Anna said.
“And so am I.” Jerry said.
“So you’re going to be in the school talent show?’ Anna asked me.
“Yeah, along with my partner Will.” I said.
“What are you two going to do?” Jerry asked.
“Dancing.” I said.
“Is that something you’ve been doing for a while?” Anna asked interested.
“Well I danced for a couple years and took quite a few classes but I stopped about two years ago. And now I’m starting to get back into it.” I said.
“Well that’s great.” Anna said. Once we finished dinner, Emma waited with me until Matt came to pick me up.
“How was your day?” He asked me as I got in the car.
“Really good. Will and I practiced the routine and Emma is helping me make costumes.” I said.
“That’s awesome. Did you eat already?” He asked.
“Yeah, Emma’s parents made us dinner.” I yawned.
“Tired?” he laughed.
“Very.” I said and leaned my head against the window. Before I knew it, I was out cold.
Matt’s P.O.V.
Once Kasey leaned her head on the window, she fell asleep. When we got home, I carried her in since I knew she had a long day. After I took her up to her room, I made sure all of her windows and doors were locked. Then I went back down stairs to hang out with the guys.
“Kasey go to bed already?” Brian asked.
“Yeah, she had a long day.” I said getting a beer.
“When is the talent show?” Zacky asked.
“Next Friday.” I said.
“Are we all going?” Johnny asked.
“I don’t know, maybe. It’s up to Kasey. Knowing her, she will probably put us all in costumes or something.” I laughed. For the next three hours we just watched TV and drank beer. It was extremely relaxing. Everything was going good until we heard a loud thud come from upstairs. I sobered up quickly and ran up the stairs to Kasey’s room, with the guys right behind me.
“Kasey!” I shouted. I ran out of her room and saw a light on in the hallway bathroom. When I opened the door all the way I saw the water for the bathtub running. As I got closer to the tub I realized that Kasey was in the water with her head submerged.
“Kasey! Wake up!” I shouted and pulled her out.
“What?” She groaned after a few seconds.
“What happened to her head?” Johnny asked.
“I think she hit it on the faucet.” I said holding her head in my hands.
“It’s gonna need stiches.” Brian said.
“No! I don’t want to go to the hospital!” She whimpered.
“You have to sweetie.” I said softly. Brian handed me a big towel and I wrapped it around her.
“Let’s go.” I said and carried her bridal style out to the car.
“You guy’s stay here. I’ll take her.” I said getting in.
“I’ll get her some dry clothes and meet you up there.” Zacky said. I nodded my head and drove off. When we got to the hospital we had to wait an hour before her doctor could see us.
“What happened here?” Dr. Petrelli asked as he looked at her head.
“I think she hit her head on the faucet. I was down stairs with the guys and we heard a loud noise and when we found her she was lying in the bathtub beginning to drown.” I explained.
“Ok. This should only need a few stiches.” He said. Once he was done with the stiches, Zacky showed up.
“Here some clothes you can change into.” He said handing them to her.
“Thanks Zacky.” She sighed and walked into the bathroom.
“How many times are we going to end up here?” I sighed.
“It’ll get better.” He said. I nodded my head and saw Kasey walk out.
“Let’s go home, it’s almost four in the morning.” I said.
“I’m so tired.” She said.
“I’ll carry you.” I said and went to go pick her up.
“I’ll carry her, you’re way too tired.” Zacky said. I nodded my head and let him carry her. I also let him drive us home. When we got there, Zacky took her up to her room and stayed with her the rest of the night to make sure she was ok. Right now, I was just so thankful for him. All I needed was a good night’s rest. Tomorrow morning I wouldn’t even have Kasey go to school. I figured we could just hang out before she had to go see the psychologist.
♠ ♠ ♠
So just to summarize:
1. Some of you guessed that not dancing had to do with her dad, but it was really her mom.
2. Kasey joins the talent show and meets Will.
3. And Kasey ends up in the hospital yet again.
Hints For Chapters To Come:
1. Jason will end up being one of the good guys, but who will Kasey end up being?
2. Kasey may or may not join the cheerleading team, but keep in mind that she is going t surprise you. You are going to see many different sides of her. This is just one of many.
3. There will be more of Bernie the Kitty coming soon, :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch=7okkF8gjklQ[/youtube] - Dance seeen with Will

And go check out the character page for a picture of Jason, Will, and Bernie The Kitty.