Summer Holds Such Wonderful Things

012

I could see the front door from the kitchen. Rian, Kara and Jack walked inside. They said their ‘hellos’ and moved toward the kitchen. I couldn’t help myself, I just wanted to run at him but I kept my cool.

“Thank god I’m allowed back in my own house.” Jack was saying. “Are you done with your ‘alone time’ yet?” He asked using air quotes. He stopped when he saw me.

-Jack’s POV-

“Alesha?” I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.
Oh my god. It’s her! But how? How was she here? I couldn’t wipe the smile off my face.

-Alesha’s POV-

“Jack.” I grinned.

He looked different. His skunk hair was gone. It was just black and spiky-ish, but amazing all the same. I completely forgot I was wearing a dress and heels and jumped on him.

“You’re here.” He smiled, “How? Why?”

“For Christmas and for you,” I smiled. My legs were wrapped around his waist and he was holding me up. I didn’t want to let go. Everyone had gone into the lounge room to give us time to catch up. I looked down at him.

“Hey.” I smiled.

“Hey.” He laughed walking us over to the bench, he sat me down, my arms and legs were still wrapped around him. “You look amazing.”

“Thank you.” I grinned. “You look hot. I like your hair.” I ran my hands through it.

“Yeah? Me too,” I laughed.

“Come closer.” I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around him again. “You’ve been too far away for too long.”

“Agreed,” He smiled running his thumb along my cheek.

I leaned my forehead against his, taking him in, and then our lips connected. It was the most amazing feeling. I’d missed this. My lips parted as he deepened the kiss.

“I’ve missed you so much, Alesha.” Jack sighed. “You have no idea.”

“I missed you too, every single day.”

“C’mon, we better get out there.”

“Do we have to?” I whined. “I wanna stay with you.”

“Don’t worry. There’s plenty of time for that.” Jack helped me down and we walked hand in hand out to the lounge room.

“Sooooo, are you reunited yet?” Alex winked.

“Shut up!” Kara said smacking his arm. “I think they’re cute.”

“Thanks.” I smiled poking my tongue at Alex.

The night continued on perfectly. This was definitely one of the best nights of my life. It was like all my Christmases had come at once, excuse the pun. I had the most amazing friends to spend the holidays with.

After dinner and dessert we all sat in the lounge room near the tree, each of us scattered among the lounges. Jack and I hadn’t stopped touching since he got here earlier. I was sitting on his lap, his arms around my waist and one of mine around his neck. Zack was sitting by the tree, ready and waiting to pass out presents.

“Okay, this first one is for…” Zack said as he read the label, “Alex from Lisa.”

“Yes!” Alex grinned, he was like a little kid, and he couldn’t sit still. The minute Zack handed him the present he was tearing into it. “Custom made Blink picks! Thanks babe!” He smiled kissing Lisa.

The next present was for Rian from Kara, she bought him new drum sticks because he always kept either losing his or giving them away to fans. Zack kept handing out the presents until all the presents under the tree were gone. Jack sat up looking at everyone and their presents.

“Hey!” He whined. “You guys got more than me!”

“No we didn’t.” Kara said. “Your main present was too big to wrap.”

“What?” He asked confused.

“Dude, she’s sitting on your lap.” Alex sighed shaking his head.

“Merry Christmas,” I smiled kissing his cheek.

“Merry Christmas,” he grinned back.

We continued sitting around just talking and drinking and laughing, finally catching up as a whole group instead of me sneaking around all the time. It was great. Time passed and we noticed that it was quite late.

“We’re going to bed, guys.” Jack said lifting me off him as we both stood and made our way to the stairs.

“Use protection!” Alex called after us, the whole group laughing. Jack just flipped him off as he led me up stairs. We only made it halfway up before Jack had me pinned against the wall.

“Hey.” He smiled moving closer to me.

“Hey.” I hooked my thumbs through his belt loops and pulled him closer.

His whole body was pressed against me. I could feel his heart beat against mine. I wanted to savour this moment, to remember it. He leaned forward, lightly brushing his lips against mine. He was teasing me. I leaned in and kissed him, slowly at first and then he kissed back, less slowly this time. Our lips parted, deepening the kiss. I was the first to pull away.

“Are we just going to stand on the stairs making out or are we actually going to bed?”

“I like the sound of bed.” He winked grabbing my hand and leading me to his room.
♠ ♠ ♠
here you go guys! finalllllly!
let me know what you think!