Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The 'Doctor'

I walked into the large study room that was hardly used unless prospecting parents came to visit. He stood with his back to me, looking at the few books situated on a dusty, and wonky shelf. I cleared my throat to let my presence known. For an unknown reason I felt nervous and worried. 'Who are you?' 'What do you want with me?' 'Why are you here?' All these questions needed asking yet the words just wouldn't form in my mouth. For a few moments he just stared at me, in awe looking me up and down examining ever feature. In order to break the silence and make myself feel a little less uncomfortable due to his odd behaviour I attempted to put an end to the staring by being the first to speak.
"So... uhmm, W-who-"
"I'm Dr. Rufus King, I know it may seem odd me coming here to visit you, but I'm a psychologist currently researching the behaviour of people in care."
"So you want me to be your experiment?" I bitterly spat and shook my head.
"Well, bluntly - yes" Dr. King smirked and sat down on one of the old battered chairs and continued to look me up and down in a way that unnerved me even more than before. I sat down across from him and sighed.
"You'll need permission I assume?" He nodded, not losing eye contact with me, I looked to the floor to avoid those strange yet hypnotising caramel eyes from penetrating my steelish blue eyes. "Well, I don't grant permission" I exclaimed before standing up and leaving the room.

I headed back to my room realising that I was being very immature and unreasonable, but it just didn't seem right. What sort of a man looks like that at a 16 year old girl? Why did he just want me in particular, and not everybody in Ryton Dene? Why did this all seem so shady and un-real? I had no idea why I was getting so worked up because of this but the whole situation just caught me off guard. After I calmed down I went back downstairs, surprisingly he was still here, in the exact same position as when I left. He said nothing, he just smiled and acted... I guess impressed by my behaviour.

"What do you really want with me?" For a teenage girl I was pretty cynical and distrusting - can you blame me? He remained motionless and at this point I felt I was talking to a statue.
"Hello? - Are you listening to me?" I waved my hand in front of his face and with reflexes I had never seen before he grabbed my wrist, firm but not too hardly and simply nodded. At this point our faces were inches away from each other and his surprisingly warm breath seemed to cloak my face. I unknowingly held my breath and didn't blink through fear of the stranger. After reality set in I jumped back and repeated myself "What do you really want with me?" This time I asked with more anger and strength as an attempt to get a better reaction out of him.
" I'm Rufus King, and I need you're co-operation." He stood up, at this point I realised how tall and slender his frame was, I also noticed the pale, almost transparent quality his skin had - the polar opposite of his black attire.
I nodded, then sighed a million questions rushed through my head, but only one query exited my mouth. "This is something to do with my biological parents, isn't it?"

He sharply turned and seemed surprised by my quick mind and cool exterior. Now he nodded then sighed. I walked out of the room and beckoned him to follow. If I were to have this conversation, I wanted it to happen in the comfort of my own room.

He looked a tad uncomfortable as he sat on my bed, he looked at the walls and then back at me. "Whats with all the snake pictures?" I shrugged my shoulders and sat down across from him on my computer chair and for the first time looked HIM in the eye.
"I guess it'd make more sense if I started at the beginning. My name isn't Rufus King." He admitted.
"Go figure." Sarcasm emanated in my voice "I'm guessing this isn't the start of my story, so please, will you just be honest, tell me everything."
The look on his face seemed to give a clue that he didn't want to tell me the story of my past, for whatever reason.
"Your last name isn't Reddil, it's Riddle."
♠ ♠ ♠
I realise it's a short chapter but I wanted something just to get us to the part where the story i guess, really begins. Thanks x