Status: Complete

Pure-Blood? I'm B Positive

The Hogsmeade Trip

"Are you ready?" Keeran asks, wrapping his Slytherin scarf around his neck before reaching for his robe. Despite it being May, and practically summer - there was a definite chill to the air, that grew more ferocious the more the wind blew. I nodded in response, my throat too dry to speak.
We all stood on the staircase that lead up to the castle main entrance. The Aurors downed their polyjuice potions and transformed before us to un-assuming students. We had two fifth year hufflepuffs, A fourth year Griffindor, Head boy and girl of Ravenclaw, and the seeker of the Slytherin team.
"Then let's go. We have fifteen minutes." Kinglseys deep strong voice came out of the mouth of the freckle faced Griffindor boy. I would have laughed but it wasn't the time or the occasion. We began walking, the Ravenclaws first, arriving two minutes before the Griffindor - then the Hufflepuffs would arrive five minutes after that, followed by myself and Keeran; the seeker would follow five minutes after that.
We began walking slowly, it seemed like a funeral march. Soon enough the Aurors were way ahead of us, reaching Hogsmeade at their exact time.
"I'm sorry all of this has had to happen to you. It's partially my fault." Keeran spoke quietly as we walked.
"This would have come about with or without you. He would have just found another puppet." I spoke quickly, not concentrating fully on the conversation.
"I wouldn't have survived with him. I couldn't handle taking lives, actual lives. I was so stupid and naive, and he knew it. I was bullied y'know, when I first came here. My father was a Huffelpuff, a muggleborn. I felt isolated in Slytherin and tried to be-friend other houses, mainly Hufflepuff. They were all so kind and understanding, but as soon as I had to back to my own common room the taunts began. The slytherins ridiculed me, for three years. I couldn't take it anymore, I lied and began to bully the people who had accepted me. Then I met Rafi, I tried to prove myself to him. I was a stupid vindictive boy who should have listened to my father more." He scoffed before continuing "thankyou for showing me how stupid I was, thanks for giving me the kick up the ass I needed." I looked at him and nodded, unsure of how to respond. Was he trying to excuse himself of everything he had done, everything he had a part in? That wasn't going to work with me. Lots of people get bullied, me being one of them - and I didn't decide to turn evil because of it. As far as I was concerned the only way he could re-deem himself now was to help us stop Rafi for good.
"Let's just end this." I said before quickening my pace, to put more space between us and the Slytherin who was slowly catching up.

We entered Hogsmeade and turned left through towards the Three Broomsticks. I looked around at how busy it was. It comforted me, how normal it was. To everybody but us, it was just a normal Saturday morning. Kids ran between Zonko's and Honeydukes. Adults slowly made their way towards the Three Broomsticks or The Hogs Head for a quiet drink and a catch up. Keeran opened the door for me, The pub was filled and lively with laughter and chatter. Keeran and I both scoped the place, although I wasn't certain who I was looking for.
"He's there. Sat at the table at the back, near the stairs?" Keeran whispered to me. I managed to keep my face straight and looked for him. He was sat patiently on his own, sipping a glass of Firewhiskey, swirling what remained in the glass. He was dressed in fine modern robes. The more I looked at him, the more confused I was. He was classically handsome, and looked like a perfect gentleman. This couldn't have been Rafi. Then it struck me that even the devil can be beautiful. Me made our way slowly towards his table, I let Keeran lead as we got closer and closer. He turned his head and noticed us. He straightened his tie and presented us with a smile.
"Keeran. It is good to see you again." He nodded, he spoke in such a monotone way, void of all emotion and life. You could tell instantly he felt this whole meeting was unworthy of his time. He looked at Keeran with an expression of monotony greeted him and introduced me. It wasn't until I sat down across from him that I saw an energy in his eyes.
"Araina Riddle. It is a pleasure to finally meet you." He grinned before raising his glass and sipping the last of his whiskey.
"The pleasure is mine." I managed to croak out after a few seconds of being without wits. I took the seat opposite of Rafi, Keeran sat beside me, silent and looking at his shoes the entire time. I faced Rafi for a few seconds without blinking, showing him no fear and not giving him the satisfaction of knowing how uncomfortable I felt. I unwrapped my scarf and placed it on the back of my chair, making it easy for Aurors to spot the table from across the crowded pub. The more I looked at Rafi the less scary he seemed. I could now understand why Keeran put his trust in him. He seemed like a smart, honest, trustworthy gentleman on his exterior.
I'd expected to me more terrified, to feel more vulnerable. The only thing that scared me about him was that he seemed so human. He sat there smiling at strangers that bumped past our table with butterbeers in hand.
"Keeran, why don't you go get us all a butterbeer?" He said sweetly, handing Keeran a single Galleon from his jacket pocket. I looked towards Keeran and nodded. I knew his escape would give him chance to alert the order.
"So Araina, this must be very exciting to for you. Discovering your past, your power. Keeran hasn't told me much about you, and that tells me that he is trying to protect you. He must like you." Rafi laughed to himself, his eyes darted across to the bar, keeping Keeran in view.
"Well I don't need protecting. I hear you wanted to meet me for a proposition? That is what Keeran told me." I put my hands on the table and crossed them, looking Rafi straight in the eye, demanding his full attention so Keeran would get a chance.
"Ahh. Is that so? What if I asked you to join my cause. To be my second in command, my left hand if you will." Rafi copied, folding his hands neatly together and raising his left eyebrow.
"I would say, what is in it for me? It seems you're getting all the pro's here. You get me, a powerful witch, with a more powerful name behind you. The name Riddle itself with gather followers and strike fear and bad memories into the very souls of those who dealt with my Great Uncle or whoever he was." I swallowed the lump that was forming in my throat. This fake confidence and attitude I was putting on was my only hope to keep his attention fixed on me.
"Well you seem pretty sure of yourself. Are you sure I'm not doing you a favour? A name like Riddle will leave you with little other options." Rafi straitened his tie as I sat there trying to think of a smart comeback to keep him interested, which seemed to be the most difficult task with this man. "Where is that boy with our drinks. I do hope, for your sake he has not wandered off." Rafi spoke slowly and calmly as if this was an everyday thing. He seemed to think this whole thing was tedious.
"I bewitched him to leave." I lied, knowing instantly I had said the wrong thing.
"You're lying." He said instantly, however it has got his attention, he sat forward slightly, his eyes scanning my face.
"I'm not. I didn't fancy him taking the credit for what I have done. You know what they say - three is a crowd." I spoke calmly, managing to pull myself together, praying Keeran has succeeded my now.
"You are surprising me. I am starting to re-think me killing you." He again spoke in his calm and dull tone.
"Well I do like living." I said, trying to sound witty for my own sake. Rafi began to laugh, it was a deep laugh, the type that comes from right in your gut. His laughter was interrupted by a red light shooting across the pub as the Gryffindor aimed a stunning spell at Rafi. He stood up instantly, looking for the culprit. I ducked under the table as another spell shot from the opposite direction, hitting Rafi straight in the chest. The full body-bind curse; he froze on the spot and fell to the floor with a dull and anti-climatic thud. It was over?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'm a week late and I apologise.
I hope you enjoy.

Thankyou for reading <3