Status: In progress

Are you afraid of the dark?

Chapter Four

Nick’s POV

“Do you think it’s wrong?” he asked Nick while the 3rd Jonas sat next to his brother head falling over his older brother’s shoulder . He was asking such an obvious question , of course it was wrong , no one could ever understand , lying was wrong , sneaking around was wrong…. “What’s wrong?” asked Nick closing his tired eyes for a second . “Love him the way I do?” explained Kevin but it was more like an statement than a question . “Yes , it is wrong” answered Nick .

Suddenly the last brother came over , Kevin eyeing him feeling guilty that sometimes he was left out with the parents…he was sad , he can tell , Joe was his favorite…maybe because Joe was still a kid himself…he was so good with kids . “Hi” said Frankie making some room next to Nick who was almost asleep “It’s Joey going to be okay?” “I don’t know Frank , I don’t know” .

---
It was 4 in the afternoon too early for doing something that’s why when Nick heard some strange moaning through the hotel’s hallway he knew that it was time to warn his brothers and put a stop into their increasing loving life . He didn’t know that opening that door he would open a door full of lies and future problems …there he was his second example in life , one of his best friends…Joe naked lying underneath another strange body , it wasn’t Kevin though , he knew that his older brother wouldn’t pushed Joe in such intimate act and Kevin was really faithful to his promise as well as him , but Joe wasn’t he was so impatient in having sex , yes sex because nothing that he watched at the brief moment was an act of love it was just sex…it was what Joe needed , but he broke his vow , he was going to broke his lover and brother .

“Fuck” he said getting his clothes together , the mysterious guy did the same while staring at Nick interested , the younger did the same he wouldn’t believe himself but his eyes watered , he wasn’t a person to judge at first sight but this guy’s body language said it all , he wasn’t a good boy , his eyes were dark and show no embarrassment or any kind of warm, why would Joe even like this guy? Nick felt shivers going through his body , he was afraid of this guy everything seem insecure around him . “Please Nick this isn’t what it looks like…” “Get out” said Nick not looking at his brother and showed the door to this guy that apparently seemed to be on his twenties . “Same time tomorrow?” asked the guy getting his coat . “Ok I only have 200 dollars…just leave it and never come back” said Nick taking what was left in his wallet . The guy took the money , Nick watched his brother standing in the bed shirtless and then he looked back to this guy that was counting the money , his brother have paid someone to have sex with him “I said get out…” he insisted Joe’s cries breaking the uncomfortable scene “you owe me 100” added the guy and Nick closed the door right on his face . So many feelings running through his body , he had and instant internal battle to talk with the heart of the brain…neither of the option were about to win . “Nick” started Joe getting his shirt and fixing the mess of his hair . “You’re going to call Kevin and tell him that you can’t see him tonight” he ordered way too mature for being just sixteen . “ he said he loves me…” “Who?” asked Nick disgusted pacing around the room , no way that tonight Joe was going to share room with their older brother .
“J-Johnny…please Nick you have to understand!” yeah right a guy who has just take the money for having sex says that he loves you? .
“Are you going to make that call or not?” replied Nick angrier than before and handed his brother the phone , Joe took a deep breath and grab it clearing his throat at his recently broken voice .

---
“He cheated on you countless of time and yet you took him back , that’s not fair”
“I know…but we do crazy things for love , right?” replied Kevin now that his brother was fully awake .
“No , you do crazy things for Joe that’s different”
Then they saw their parents talking with the doctor maybe it was time , Joe was finally awake to cope with the painful truth .
“There must be something that we can do” asked the mother but at her tone it was more like a established sentence , they whole family needed hope and faith to get their son and brother back .
“There is some treatments but I’m afraid that is too early to talk about this…I’m sorry but you will have to wait”
“We can’t wait , he’s going to be mad , he will not want to wait!” snapped Mr Jonas .
“For now psychological treatment is the best we can offer Mr and Mrs Jonas ”
“Ok family everything is going to be ok” said Mrs Jonas gathering her family in a big group hug , normally the boys would feel embarrassed but now they all seemed to need it.
“When can we see Joey?” asked Frankie .
“I believe that he will be up in a hour…but I have to warn you he doesn’t know that he can’t see ” said the Dr . At that moment Kevin separate from his family and fight back some new tears that were about to fall , his head was broken in two , Nick came closer and hugged him .

This was the hardest you will ever have to do .
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked it!