Status: Working on it.

Close Your Eyes, Don't Say a Word.

What got me into this mess that devoured me?

Tap tap tap, a soft noise breaks me out of my slumber “Bilvy!” a soft voice whispers “Wake up.” My eyes open to see big round gray ones looking down at me. I groan. “Kennedy what do you want this early in the morning?” he giggles “It’s 1 silly!” I roll my eyes, typical. I look around the brunette “Whatcha looking for?” “The little blonde person that’s always attached to your hip.” A frown graces his face “Tyler! That meanie, he yelled at me to go away.” I giggle at him “I wonder why?” He sticks his tongue out to me “You’re so mean Bilvy! Now get up we have places to go.” I groan. “We need to visit Jaime.” My face softens Jaime (most known as James) was Kennedy’s older brother that committed suicide last year because his fiancé was hit and killed by a drunk driver. “Okay” I got up and went to my closet. “Oh and Bilvy?” “Mhmm?” I say as I slip on a pair of grey skinnies. “We’re going to that record shop and you’re finally going to meet my friend.” I sigh “Fine.” He grins.
I put on an eyes set to kill shirt and a black hoodie with black vans. “Ready to go?” I nod and jog down the stairs, him closely behind me. “Good morning mom” I say to the blob of brown hair in front of me. She shakes her head and turns around to face us. “Good Afternoon William, Kennedy.” He grins “Hey there Mama B.” she laughs “Where’s Tyler?” He pouts “He’s being mean so he doesn’t get to go with us.” “And where would that be?” he smiles softly “To see Jaime, then I’m taking Bilvy to meet my friend.” My mother nods “Well you two be careful.” I speak up “Who’s going to mess with a couple guys like us?” she scoffs “Please your about as skinny as a twig that could easily break in half. And him?” she points to Kennedy “He’s like what 5’4? And doesn’t look like he could hurt a fly.” I pout, Kennedy rolls his eyes. "Yeah we’ll be careful Mama B, c’mon Bilvy.” I reluctantly follow him “Bye mom!” he cheerfully skips out the door and into our drive way, note to self don’t go into a bad neighborhood with him or else we’re screwed. I giggle as I look at his ancient car, he huffs at me “Shut up, it has character.” “Righttttt.” “Just get in” and that I did.
He turns on the radio as we pull out the drive way. “-And I would catch a grenade for ya! Put my hand on a---“I cover my ears “Turn this offff.” He hides a CD and slips it into the CD player “What CD is that…” I trail off as music starts to blast through speakers “Whoa oh oh oh” a grin is painted on my face as I start belting out the lyrics with boy beside me “You know you love me, I know you just shout whenever and I’ll be there!” I giggle at how off tune we where, Justin Bieber was our secret drug ever since Kennedy’s sister dragged up to see the movie a few weeks ago and we’ve been singing to the album ever since.
I look at Kennedy “and we will never ever ever be apart. Are we an item? Girl quit playing.” I burst in hysterics at the girly as hell move he just pulled. I stop for a sec frowning realizing how sad he’s going to be in a few minutes, I shake my head and join along “Baby baby baby oh! Baby baby baby ooooh!” and we continued to shout random Justin Bieber lyrics till we pulled up at big black gates. I press the off button the radio, I knew it wouldn’t be appropriate to blast music in a cemetery, in this one especially.
The gates open and we drive in pulling up to an alcove of trees. I get out of the car as I see him walk around with a single white rose in his hands, James favorite. It felt like we walked for miles before we made it to the head stone, it was a type of black rock with the words James Gardener 1989 – 2010 on it. Kennedy kneels down and places the rose on top of the stone. I see a tear run down his face before sobs wrack his entire body, I wrap my arms around him and his head leans on my shoulder. His tears soaking through my shirt but I don’t care about is making him feel better.
It breaks my heart to see him like this; he’s my best friend like he has been since birth. I knew he was dying over this, but I didn’t expect the breakdown to be so horrid. It scares me how much pain he can hide behind a smile. James was his rock, I can only imagine how much it hurts now that’s he’s gone. Tyler is really helping him through this though; hell Tyler could help him through anything. Their absolutely crazy about each other, not that they’ve figured it out their both thickheaded about those kinds of things.
If something ever happens to Tyler, I don’t think Kennedy could take it.
He’s so broken already, and you can just see how in love he is with Tyler with the look in his eyes. “It’s all my fault” his voice cracked even though it was barely above a whisper. “No it’s not. This was his decision not yours, he would’ve found a way to do it anyway.” He shakes his head. “No! If I hadn’t gone to see Tyler at the hospital… this wouldn’t have happened.” That’s right Tyler collapsed that night, of mal-nutrition or something. “You wanted to support Tyler, you didn’t know it wasn’t something he couldn’t have died over, and you thought James would be okay.” He quiets down accepting my answer; I look over the guilt in his eyes. I sigh, “Don’t you want me to meet your friend?” He looks up at me and smiles; I smile slightly knowing I brought up his mood. “Yeah, just let me say goodbye.” He leans down bringing his lips to the front of the head stone waiting a few seconds before pulling away saying a few soft words in German- none of which I understood. He stands up and smiles at me cheekily and starts walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
:DD *Tittle Credit = Darling- Eyes Set to Kill*