Sequel: The Last One Standing
Status: Complete

Can I Please Come Down

chapter 5

Layla’s P.O.V

I was stocking shelves when I hear the door jingle and I look up and see all of simple plan in the store. I put a few more things on the shelves and walk up front.

“You guys better not make so much ruckus that I hear old stuck up ladies complain.” I tease.

“Nope we are here to say hello and maybe chat oh and your mom told us to pick you up.”Seb said, which I knew the last part was a lie

“Wait how do you know my mom.”I ask

“We use to be good friends when she lived in Montreal.”

“Okay well, wait about five minutes and I will be off the clock.” I say they agree and I stock more shelves. After I put up my apron and I grab my food and my board and walk out where I meet up with the guys.

“So what has been up?” David said taking a few bags

“The usual.” I say

“What’s the usual?”Chuck asks

“Going to school going to work going home which you guys are experiencing first hand.” I say as we get to the house. I do a simple Ollie put the pouch steps.

“Oh careful on the steps they are a bit rotted.” I say and they carefully walk up them.

“Oh and I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t come in.” I say opening the door and walking in. I get in the kitchen and see mom sorting through stuff I put everything on the counter and David does the same thing.

“Mom we have company.” I say and she looks up and sees the guys and gives them all hugs. I just put everything away and lean against the counter as they talk.

“Belle I need to talk to you alone.” Pierre says and she nods and walks into the living room. I walk up to my room and grab my guitar and start playing some random tunes after a few minutes I finish and hear clapping I look behind me and see simple plan minus Pierre.

“Dude that was awesome.” Jeff says

“Yeah how did you learn to play like that?”Seb asks

“I taught myself, mom had some guitar magazines so I took them and taught myself and the rest I learned by ear.” I say they just come in and sit down on random pieces of furniture and we talked playing a little guitar.

Pierre’s P.O.V

“Belle I need to talk with you in private.” I say and we walk into the living room which no surprise was messier than the whole house if that was possible.

“What.” she snapped

“I’m taking Layla alright I don’t care what you say.” I state

“I don’t think that is such a good idea.”

“Why?” I ask

“Because she likes it here and she has a duty to me.”

“No she has a duty to having fun not having to grow up to fast.”I say

“She hasn’t grown up to fast she still has fun she went to your concert yesterday.” She said

“She has to work when she should be having friends, you know what I’ll talk to her and tell her the truth and she will choose if she wants to go on warp tour and then at the end of warp she then will chose who she wants to live with and if she chooses you then all I want is to see her every once and a awhile and if she chooses me then you can see her alright.” I say hoping that she will agree.

“Fine.” She says after a few moments. I head upstairs to tell Layla the truth I walk into her room and see that it was super clean with a few things in here.

“Hey guys can I talk to Layla alone.” I say

Layla’s P.O.V

“Hey guys can I talk to Layla alone.” I look up and see Pierre the guys get up and go downstairs. He comes in and sits down next to me by the wall.

“How the hand.” He says pointing to my cut.

“It will heal.” I say

“You’re probably wondering why I was here earlier.”

“Yeah I kind of was.” I say

“Well I was going to just visit your mom today but after you left I was talking to her and I found out that I’m you father.”

“What.” I say after a few minutes.

“Yeah and I want to get you out of here and let you be a kid but your mom won’t let me so we agreed that you can go on warp tour with us and at the end you can choose which one of us you live with but whichever one you chose the other one won’t be out of your life completely.” He said

“Really I can get out of here.” I say

“Well for a little while then the rest will be up to you.” He says

“So what do you say?” he says nudging me

“Stay here and work my butt off and come home to an argument and then the next day to tell it to a shrink or go to warp and see the country and get out of this town. I think I’m going to go with the latter.” I say and Pierre smiles.

“Alright then pack your shit cuz warp starts tomorrow.” He says and I get up and start packing everything after about and half hour later I have everything packed in two duffel bags I grab my bags and almost made it out of my room when Chuck stopped me.

“No way are you carrying all of those bags.” He said grabbing my duffle bags and I grab my skate board and my guitar and my messenger bag and I walk behind him and we walk downstairs and I see mom with a not to happy face.

“Are you sure you want this.” She asked

“Yeah.”

“Alright well I’ll see you.” She said giving me a hug and I returned it and walked out.

“Oh wait I’ve got to go to the store to tell Shawn.” I said they nodded and packed my stuff up in the bus that must have pulled up when I was packing. I skated down to the store and walked in.

“I thought your shift was over.” He said

“It is I just came to tell you that I found a way out of this city for a bit.” I say

“Yeah how.”

“Well you know Pierre Bouvier.”

“Lead singer of simple plan yeah.”

“Well it turns out my mom moved from Montreal and he’s my dad.”

“No way dude that’s awesome.” He says high fiving me.

“Yeah so I’m going on warp with them.”

“Good you need to live a little.”

“Yeah, oh hey here’s some money next week do you think that you can drop some food off to my mom and tell her I already paid for them.” I say

“Yeah no problem now go before I kick you out.” He said pushing me out I laugh walking out and skate home. When I get there I look through the window and see mom sorting through stuff. I just turn around and see the guys waiting for me and we all climb on the bus. The guys run back and jump in their bunks.

“Layla come on I want to show you your bunk.” Pierre said I nodded and followed him back to a bunk right below David. I smile and put my guitar and my messenger bag in my bunk. I get out and walk back out to the front and see the guys watching T.V. We talk until it gets late then I change and go to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go as promised thank you to all that commented