Strange Fate

Strange Fate (2)

Copyright © 2011 It'sCandy!

Hi Everyone! I was finally able to upload the next chapter of Strange Fate...

Woot Woot! :D Anyways thanks for giving my story a chance and please comment and vote if you like what you're reading. And if you want to see some changes please comment as well. Thanks a ton <3

And now here's…
Chapter Two

Janessa’s POV…
I was sitting in front of a laughing Carol in our school’s café. I had just finished telling her about my little encounter with the rude, yet handsome, guy from this morning. She started laughing when I told her that I had kicked him in the shin and called him an idiot.

She finally calmed down enough to give me a smile and say “that’s my girl!”

I smiled, “yeah, well your girl might get sued for kicking him…”Carol just started laughing even more. “You would be worried about that! But hey, I really doubt coffee guy is going to go through all the trouble of suing a college student, I mean, he probably knows how most college students are hella broke.”

Carol had unofficially named the guy from this morning as coffee guy. She smiled at me, “ok enough with all the worried face, so… coffee guy was cute?”

I looked down at the curly fries sitting on my plate. “He was kinda cute,” I said while looking up at her. She had a huge grin on her face. “What?!” I asked.

“You think he’s hot!”

“What? No!... No I don’t!” I said. I could totally feel the heat rising in my face, indicating that I was blushing. I looked down trying to cover it with my hair, but Carol saw it anyways.

“If you didn’t think he was hot, then you wouldn’t be blushing,” she said in a matter as fact tone. I looked up and glared at her.

She gave me an innocent smile, “hey, it’s not like I’m telling you to marry the guy. He sounds like a handful anyways. All I’m saying is,” her smiled grew into a smirk, “that it’s ok to think he’s a hot… jerk, am I right?” I just nodded and started munching on my curly fries while she finished up her chicken stir fried.

By the time we finished our food and she finished editing my essay, it was already 9:40pm. I had to review for my last final of the semester, so I had to get my butt to my dorm. “Alrighty Carol, imma head back to my room so I can get some reviewing done before I go to sleep.”

She turned to look at me and gave me a hug, “alright Janessa, imma go have a smoke before I get back to studying.” I scrunched up my nose as she finished telling me. Carol knew I hated cigarettes and especially hated the smell of their smoke. I mean come on, they’re basically cancer sticks.

“For every cigarette you smoke, that’s six less minutes I get to spend with you.” She laughed at me and turned to leave, but not before saying, “can you be any more dramatic?”

I smiled and called after her, “you know I’m right!” and with that I headed to my room for some studying.

Ash’s POV…
I parked my white Mitsubishi Lancer, one of my favorite cars, and got out. The scene at the lot was a bit calmer than usual; then again, I never really come down during the week. There’s really no racing going on unless it’s the weekend. People just gathered around the lot to talk cars and meet the drivers, waiting for the weekend to finally get here.

“Hey man!”

I turned to see Liam calling me over. “Doode, I thought you were on a date with Jessica. Did you finally decide on bringing her along?” he asked while looking over my shoulder. I shook my head, “Nah. You know I don’t bring anyone who can’t keep up with me.” Liam Laughed, he knew I didn’t bring any girls here, period.

“So I’m guessing the Jessica phase is over.” He stated while we walked. Liam and I have been best buds since we were ten, we practically grew up together. He knew how bored I’d get when I ‘dated’ a girl for too long.

So I just answered his question with a nod. Liam got the hint that it wasn’t a topic I wanted to get into at the moment, just being here made me relaxed and I didn’t want it being ruined by meanigless topics.

We walked around and greeted some of the people who shared the scene with us. It was actually quite calming tonight, since there weren’t many of the girls who usually came by to keep the racers and anyone else who showed up, ‘entertained’.

I liked having room to breathe, if I wasn’t racing on the weekends, they would just crowd around me and try to get me sleep with them. Don’t get me wrong, I like messing around, but these girls…, are just not to my liking.

It was a little past 2am when Liam and I decided to head back home. We both had class tomorrow morning and as much as I wanted to skip, we were on the second to last week of school, so the reviews for our finals were going on. Meaning, I had to show up to class.

Both Liam and I dormed at school. “Hey man, I’ll see you later today. I’m going to head to the dorms and knock out.” He nodded and headed towards his car, he turned and called out to, “by the way, you gotta tell about that all girl school you went to today,” he had a grin on his face.

We hadn’t discussed anything about this morning, only because it was ‘business’ and we didn’t take business to the lot.

I laughed and got into my car, I smiled when I thought about how the morning went and how I got yelled at by coffee girl. I’d be heading back up there after my morning class tomorrow and for some reason I was looking forward to it.

**********************************************************************

It was right after class when Liam texted me to see if I was going up for the shooting. He got called in to observe the shooting and go over some scripts as well. Liam wanted to become a movie producer and was very well known as in the industry, since he’s been doing internships with them since we were in high school.

“So you got a call to come in?” I asked him while we drove up to the school.

“Yeah, Rebecca’s assistant called saying she wanted to me to be here for the closing of the filming.” He said while looking out the window. He’s interned with Rebecca Sinclair, who’s the producer of the show and apparently she loved his work, so they kept in touch often. “I can’t believe I interned for a whole summer with Rebecca, and I never once got to shoot up here.”

“Yeah well, they knew what kind of player you are, so they decided to play it safe and hide you from all the girls here.” I said while throwing him a grin.

“Who’s the one who can’t be trusted in a room full of girls?” We both just laughed. “So anyways, why is the shooting from yesterday still going on today?”

“Rebecca’s new interns messed up the contract negotiations for the season finale of the show, so I had to come and inspect that the new contract requirements were being fulfilled.” I sighed, “In the end, there were so many changes that we just had to wrap it up and try to finish it up today.”

“Well that’s not good; no wonder Rebecca wants me to show up today. So I’m guessing you didn’t get much girl scoping time in the school huh?”

I smile formed on my lips as I thought about the clumsy girl I met during yesterday’s shooting. Why? I have no idea, but the smile was clearly there because the second Liam turned to me, he started shooting questions about what girl I had met.

I told him about how some girl spilled coffee on me, and how she kicked me and called me an idiot. He couldn’t stop laughing. “I have got to meet this girl!” he said in between laughs.

“Hey man, it’s not that funny!”

“I beg to differ doode.” He stated. Ok maybe it was funny, but still. She was a weird girl, who randomly kicks and insults people?

We were coming up to where they were directing us to park. The structure was a different one from yesterdays, so they pointed us towards the correct direction. Once I parked my car, Liam and I got off. I hadn’t gotten a chance to change my car, so I was driving my white Lancer.

A lady, who looked to be in her late twenties; walked in our direction with her clipboard in hand, and a smile ready to show us. “Welcome to Mount Saint Mary’s College. I’m Lisa Ruiz, I’m with the volunteer department here at MSMC.” She gave us a flirting smile.

“Nice to meet you Lisa, I’m Ashton James and this is Liam Royce.” I said while motioning to Liam. “We’re here to meet with the producers and directors of the shoot.”

She looked at her clipboard and nodded. “Ah yes. Since everything is so different due to the schedule change, I’m here to assign you a guide that will take you to where the shooting is taking place.”

She took out a small walkie to talkie that was clipped to her belt and talked into it, “Please send out the next guide for our guests.” She smiled at us, “she’ll be here in a couple of minutes.”

We made small conversation with Lisa about the filming of the show, she asked about our ‘careers’ and then about our age. Liam answered, “I’m twenty-two and Ash here is not too far behind.”

“You two certainly don’t look your age.” She stated as her flirting was becoming more and more obvious.

“Hi Mrs. Ruiz,” she turned obviously surprised that there was someone behind her.

“Janessa! I didn’t notice you had gotten here. Come, come, these are the gentlemen who you will be guiding.” She turned to us and said, “Gentlemen, this is Janessa Castillo. She will be your guide for today. Janessa this is Liam Royce and Ashton James.”

Surprise hit me. Standing in front of us was the girl who spilled coffee on me, kicked my shin and called me an idiot. A smile grew on my face, “Hello Janessa, nice to meet you. I’m Ash.”

So how do you guys like it so far? Any suggestions? I’d love to hear some :D
Remember to Comment! And Subscribe if you'd like!! Please. <3
Thnx You guys
XoXo It'sCandy!