Status: Active

Almost Lovely Disaster

Shorty Says She Wants To Run Away

I sat through class idly day dreaming, I couldn’t let Jeremy get under my skin. I couldn’t let him in, the simple truth is, that guys like him don’t go for girls like me so why get invested. Each class seemed less and less important as the day went by, each teacher prattling on and on about something that really didn’t pertain to anything that was remotely helpful to my life.
English, now that was a class I liked. Literature and stories were calming to me, writing was calming to me, it was the only way I knew how to express myself. A piece of paper and a pen could keep me entertained for hours, I loved making words mix and mesh doing as I wanted, I had control of where they went and what story they told.
“So English huh, I guess I really never do show up for this class” Jeremy said taking a seat next to me a cigarette smoke stench wafting off of him, it was oddly calming as it mixed with a hint of mint and whatever cologne he dawned.
It was a shame I hadn’t kept my mouth shut. I stared at him for a few seconds before looking back down at my paper, was I the only reason he bothered to come to class today. Why wasn’t he sitting in his usual seat?
“The least you could do is talk to me, I actually sat through all of my classes so far just to find out which one you were in” He said a smile gracing his face.
“You sat through every class because of something I said?”
“You really don’t have people listen to you much do you?” He asked.
“You have no idea”
The teacher began writing things on the board which thankfully made it hard for me to pay attention to him but I still glanced over at him occasionally. I wasn’t sure what had him so intrigued by me, sure I really didn’t like him, he wasn’t the type of guy I usually hung out with, well I really didn’t hang out with boys that was more Val’s thing. I was so lost in my own world I didn’t notice the bell ring.
“You really do live in your own world, it’s really cute” He said looking directing in my eyes as I looked up.
I blushed and he just chuckled as he threw his bag over his shoulder.
“See you tomorrow” he said.
Great that meant he was coming back and I get the feeling he wasn’t planning on leaving me alone any time soon. I walked through the door of my house, it was just as empty as it had been when I left this morning or returned home last night. I honestly don’t remember the last time I actually saw my mother, maybe it was a week or two ago. I was so accustomed to being alone that it didn’t bother me anymore. I stared at the empty pantry and then looked into an equally empty refrigerator and decided maybe I needed to go buy some food.
The grocery store was one of my least favorite places to go. Our town was small enough that you could go to the grocery store and always see someone you knew. Most people didn’t know me but they knew my parents or remember me from when I was a little girl and my family used to all go to church together, fake plastered smiles adorned everyone’s faces.
“Well fancy running into you here” Jeremy said into my ear.
I nearly jumped four feet into the air, I was so lost in my own thoughts I hadn’t noticed anyone else even being in the isle. He just laughed silently, his chest moving up and down but not a sound escaping his lips.
“Do you find scaring the hell out of me amusing because honestly its getting a little old if you ask me”
“Oh I enjoy it thoroughly, I find it quite entertaining indeed” he said smiling as he reached up to one of the top shelves grabbing a box of pasta.
“Of course you do” I said dry sarcasm slipping from my words.
He just smirked some more.
“How about we go out together someplace public and talk, I think we could be great friends if you would just give me a chance.”
“Um how about we just go one with our respected lives and avoid each other at all costs, I mean it can’t be that hard it has worked pretty well up until this week.” I said with a smile.
“You try so hard to push me out, that’s only going to make me want to get to know you just that much more, we’ll be friends soon I can feel it in my smoke infested lungs” He said with a smile as I wrinkled my nose.
“You know smoking’s bad for you right” I said.
“No, no one has ever told me that, I’m going to go outside and stomp on every single cigarette I have left in my pack of Marlboro smooth’s and never ever buy them again, gosh thanks for telling me!” he said mockingly.
“I get the feeling I’m going to want to slap you a lot more than I already do, and it’s a pretty strong feeling right now, I may just act on it”
“Oh hunny I would love to see you try, I’m a hundred and ninety five pound, six foot two and you’re a wee little thing, I would easily thwart your ridiculous attempt and I would enjoy it” He said with a smile as he stepped around me. “Can’t wait for this friendship to bloom it’s going to be marvelous see you around beautiful Devonny”
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I havent updated in such a long time but lately I have been having the urge to write so I hope you all enjoy this, Comment and Subscribe.

Xoxo Deficiently Obscure