She Can't Do It Alone

Hospital

*Emily's POV*

Morgan and I drew our guns, pointing them at the male leaning over Cory. You could see the blood dripping from the table she lay on, and the sent of it filled the air. "Back away!" Morgan called, raising his gun towards the black figure. The man stood up and gave a small chuckle before turning towards us and raising his hands up, a smirk on his face.

"Too late. It's done, she is one of us now. There is no saving her!" He then threw his head back and howled with laughter. Morgan pulled the trigger, with a bang, the man was on the floor, his shoulder bleeding onto the already red rug that lay on the concrete floor.

I rushed over to the table with Ashley, seeing Cory's limp body laying there, eyes closed, and chest barely moving. Two fresh wounded marks on her flesh indecated that the man bit her, or used some sort of tool to create such marks.

The door flew open once more and foot steps were running down. We each looked over to see a white-faced Reid standing there, clutching his heart and leaning against the doorway. His eyes were ready to pop out once he saw Cory on the table. With a few long steps he was hovering over the body. I swore a few tears fell off his strong jaw line. "Cory..." He muttered, holding her hand.

Morgan stood up and gently put a hand on Reid's back, giving him a brotherly feel as he said, "She'll be alright. We just need to take her to the hospital."

Reid sniffed and looked up at us. "Let's go." He stood up, picking Cory up with the help of Ashley. Morgan turned around towards the man but stopped.

"Where did he go?" He asked, standing where the male's body had been seconds before.

Ashley turned around and gasped. "He... He just.. He's gone?" Her face dropped, fear replacing worry.

"He'll pay for this if I have to find him myself." The voice that spoke didn't sound like Reid, in fact, it sounded like a completely different person. He walked on as if nothing had happened and walked up the stairs. Morgan and I gave each other a look.

-----------------------

*Ashley's POV*

I watched as Reid stood over Cory's body. The doctors had said she would be fine, she just needed rest; she hadn't lost very much blood, really, and the believed the wounds to be from a dog or cat, though there were no animals down there.

It still puzzled me how the man left since I saw no other way out of the small room. Morgan and Emily stayed behind so they could check it out.

"I can't believe it," Reid sighed, sitting next to me as we watched the nurse checking up on Cory. "I can't believe I am so stupid in so many ways. I fall for a young girl, she cheats on me, and I still feel for her."

I laid a tiny hand on his giant one. "It's called 'love', Spencer. We all fall for somebody. Look at Hotch and I." I pointed out. We were so many years apart, he had a kid, and yet we were totally in love. When we were alone, it was like nobody else in the world was alive but us. It was love, and I hoped it would last forever.

"Yeah... I know. I just don't understand how I was in love so fast. I mean, I never really wanted a relationship before. Yes, I was lonely, but I thought my job would get in the way. I can't manage as much as Hotch, Morgan, or even JJ."

"You are awesome, Reid. You can do anything if you set your mind to it." I smiled. He nodded in agreement but nothing else was said.

A little while later, Morgan, Hotch, Jack, JJ, and Garcia walked through the door. Jack raced over to see Cory with Hotch, JJ and Garcia stood back, holding each other's hands and trying not to cry. Morgan walked over to Reid and I and sat down. "There is no way that guy escaped. No way."

"He couldn't have slipped out the door. We would have heard or seen him." I pointed out. "Trap door?"

Morgan shook his head and played with his hands. "No, nothing."

Hotch moved over towards us. "Jack wanted to see her. He was throwing a fit." He shrugged. I got up and kissed his cheek lightly.

"It's fine. I know how much they love each other." I watched as Jack sat on the bed and continued talking as if she could hear him. Well, she may. We weren't sure of how much she could do right now.

A nurse walked into the room and shook her head at us. "Out, we can only have one to two visitors at a time."

We all left except for Reid and Jack. We let them have some time with her while the rest of us sat in the waiting room at the end of the hall.

Hotch and I sat alone in one corner and began talking. "Do you think he actually bit her?" I asked in a hush voice.

Hotch shrugged his shoulders and looked at his hands. "They said it was some sort of animal. He possibly has his teeth sharpened. I saw no tools down there that could create a hole like that."

"She's too young, Hotch. Maybe she shouldn't be apart of the BAU." I shrugged.

He nodded, his thinking face on. After a minute he finally spoke again. "I think you're right. She can't be apart of this. We were so wrong to put her in that much danger. When she's released, you are to move her in with you and find her a stable job."

"You're taking her away from Spencer?"

"I think they both need a break, Ashley."
♠ ♠ ♠
SOO sorry for not updating! Every time I wrote this chapter I hated it. I'm writing ahead so I can update quicker, though. I'm leaving for my dad's tomorrow for a week, so I'll write ahead then and update when I get back. Sound good? I may update once or twice within the next week, if you guys want.

So, comment! Subscribe!

Also, I kind of lied. Another reason I haven't updated is because I've been playing Skyrim... Yeah... I'm an Elder Scrolls nerd!

-
Christa