She Can't Do It Alone

Screams in Dreams

--Cory's POV--

The day was gloomy, but I walked around town anyway. Ashley had spent the night at Hotch's, leaving me all alone in her house, and feeling unsafe. I kept hearing the crying all night and this morning she would whine about things that I couldn't make sense of.

I couldn't wait until all this blew over so I could be back on the team. They were keeping secrets from me, and it wasn't because they wanted me to be protected. They wanted me from knowing something they've found out.

I only wished I had the power to summon a spirit to go spy for me, but I felt that to be too disrespectful.

The clouds grew thicker as small rain drops fell and landed on objects they could reach, not having a care in the world they might be ruining some girls' good hair day, or a mans' nice new pair of shoes, or even a nice new outfit some one may have bought.

I, on the other hand, didn't care. I couldn't care that my hair was frizzing and my clothes were slowly soaking in the water. I continued walking down the sidewalk and passed people in a hurry. I watched my feet and pushed my hands in my pockets. Why was everything falling apart?

One thing I really wanted right now was a mom. A good, supporting mom that would help me through anything. One that I can call up and ask for boy advice or to pick me up at soandso street so we can chat. Maybe even go shopping and laugh at the horrid clothes that were in style now. I wanted one. I didn't want a role model mom, either. I wanted my real mom.

An hour later I was still walking around in giant circles. It had stopped raining so I decided I would just stop by the park and sit for a while, let the voices in my head argue some more and leave me out of it.

I finally found a seat and sat. Letting my body rest as I leaned my head on the bench and closed my eyes. I saw the little girl in my head. She was standing there, holding a small doll with one arm missing. I could see myself, standing beside her. We were smirking at nothing, just standing there. Then the little girl turned to me and spoke but no words left her mouth. She looked frightened, as if she'd seen a monster behind me. I quickly turned and screamed as loud as I could.

I woke with a jerk to realize people were standing around me, worried looks on their faces. A guy was sitting next to me with his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright, miss?" He asked, dropping his hand.

I nodded. "I'm.. fine." I muttered and looked down at my hands. My palms were sweaty and clenched tightly. "What happened?"

A lady spoke this time. "You just started screaming. We thought maybe you were being attacked."

"I was... dreaming... I think." I sighed and looked around. I felt uncomfortable with them staring at me. "I have to go..." I muttered. I jumped up and ran off.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is short and sucks but it has a meaning. Just wait a little longer and you'll understand what was going on. Also, I wrote the start of this a few weeks ago and just wrote the rest so forgive me if it isn't well put together.
Comments?

-

Christa