Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

On to the Next One/Time to Focus

I woke up Sunday morning, completely drained. Looking at my clock, I groaned. Oh, cool. 6:30. And it’s not like I didn’t fall asleep at 3am or anything. Nahh.

Damn it all to hell.

I dragged myself to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. I looked like crap. And the blonde hair was just not working for me. I took out my wand. It turned dark brown, almost black. Much better.

I trudged out and got dressed, finally looking at myself in my floor length mirror again.

I took a deep breath. If Draco wants to be a douche, whatever, on to the next one. I wasn’t going to let this affect me.

I walked downstairs, into the Great Hall. It was pretty empty, with the exception of Blaise, Greg, and Vince sitting at the Slytherin table and a couple of others. They were always early risers.

After walking towards them, I sat down.

“Ello, mates.” I smiled.

They just glanced at each other, than looked at me.

“Are you okay?” Blaise asked.

“Fine,” I shrugged.

I received skeptical looks.

“If Draco wants to be like that, whatever, it’s a free country. Well, actually, it’s not, but you get what I mean.”

“And you and Potter?”

“I guess we’ll see Saturday at Hogsmeade.”

“Whatever you say,” Blaise sang, and continued on his tea.

I stood up and walked back over to the Gryffindor table, taking out a book, Angels and Demons from my bag. I was in the mood to eat and read in peace.

I got through a few chapters before I looked up, Draco was at the Slytherin table. He didn’t look too good. Serves him right. I returned to my book.

-DRACO’S POV-

I slumped down at the Slytherin table for breakfast. Blaise looked at me pityingly as I glanced over at Silvie, who was bent over reading a book. She looked beautiful, as usual. Except for her hair was darker, almost black. Was that because of me?

“You don’t look to good, mate.”

I ignored him and picked up a piece of toast.

“Look, her choosing Potter, it’s not the end of the world--”

“Who said she chose Potter?” I asked, slamming my mug on the table.

They all looked at me sympathetically.

“Maybe this is for the best,” Goyle started. Crabbe nodded in agreement.

“Exactly.” Blaise said, then lowered his voice. “Now you can focus on your mission from the Dark Lord. You know a relationship with Silvie would distract you from what you have to do. Hell, you guys being just friends has already caused you to blow it off. Don’t you want to clear your father’s name?”

I was silent. They were right. I don’t have time for this right now. I have things to do. She was just getting in the way. How did I get so stupid?

It’s time to focus.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/28/13