Status: I'm tryin' guys. Fo' sho'.

Hey Stranger, I Want You to Catch Me Like a Cold

I Love...Cake

Drace froze beneath my kiss, then pulled back.

"What?" he asked tentively, as if he didn't believe what was happening.

I rolled my eyes and took a step back, pausing to look out over the dark grounds, slightly illuminated by the night sky.

I turned back to him. "You were right, I was wrong. I'm not saying it again," I huffed, and crossed my arms over my chest.

A ghost of a smirk appeared on his lips. "Wrong about what, exactly?"

I glared at him, already mortified that I had to apologize for being wrong about what was apparently so huge and obvious to the world. "It seems that I, uh, reciprocate your feelings."

Did I mention that when it comes to relationships, I have problems with affection? Talking about my feelings? Commitment. Sure, I could tell a friend I loved them in a heartbeat, no problem. The real problem was that I had almost zero experience romantical-relationship wise.

So basically, this was new territory, and I didn't know what to do. I wasn't in control, and that made me really uncomfortable.

Being uncomfortable made me uncomfortable.

See the issue?

"You reciprocate my feelings..." Draco started slowly.

I rolled my eyes and started pacing around the top of the astronomy tower. "Yes, yes, I like you, I've admitted it. Can we move on with our lives now?" I asked impatiently.

Draco started to frown. "You like me? That's it? I already knew that."

"Ug Draco, you're so stupid. When a girl says they 'like' you, it means that they have romantical-type feeling for you," I explained. "Don't let it go to your head."

"Romantical-type feelings? That's it?"

"What more do you want from me?" I demanded.

He closed the gap between us quickly, grabbed me by my waist, and pulled me close. "Tell me you love me," he whispered.

I was sure I had a pained expression on my face. "I love..." I began.

"Yes...?" he encouraged.

"Cake." I concluded.

He let go of me, and agitatedly started pacing instead.

"Why the bloody hell can't you say it? I don't fucking get it? You have absolutely no problem voicing any of your other ridiculous feelings!"

I glared at him reproachingly and sniffed, "It's not as easy as you think." My nose was cold, I was not crying, but judging by the was his face quickly turned to concerned and he embraced me, he thought otherwise.

"Why? What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I pushed him off. "I'm just not good at this relationship stuff okay?" That wasn't all of the truth, but I had no intention of bringing up the only other boyfriend I had.

"Yes, but there's something else," he insisted.

Boy, he was good.

I turned around to face the grounds again, my arms crossed protectively in front of me. "My only other boyfriend was a douche. Pressured me to say I love you, pressured me to have sex with him," I looked up at the sky and scoffed. "God, what didn't he pressure me to do? Anyway, he got tired of my insistent 'no's' and tried to push himself on me. Needless, to say, that was a bad idea. I dumped his ass, obviously, but that doesn't mean I wasn't a hot mess post-breakup. So forgive me if I don't automatically jump at the 'I love yous' and lovey-dovey feelings, alright?"

He embraced my stiff body. "I would never do that to you, you know."

"Yeah, yeah."

"But I can wait for you to say it, of course. Just promise me one thing?"

"Which is?"

"Be my fucking girlfriend, for Merlin's sake."

I smiled up at him. "Okay."

He went in to kiss me again, but I took a step back.

"Hey now, you've had enough for the night. Don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself? We haven't even been on a proper date yet." I gave him a teasing grin.

"Why do I have a feeling you're going to be a serious tease?"

"'Til the very end, love. Nighty night," I headed to the door to go back down.

"Wait!" he called, "Where are you going?"

"To my bed, duh! We have to wake up early to catch the train tomorrow! It's Christmas vacation, remember?"

"What's wrong with my bed?" He asked.

I just laughed loudly as a reply, and headed down the stairs.

"Do I at least get a kiss goodnight?" he questioned from right behind me.

I turned around quickly, and nearly pressed my face to his. He started moving in....

when I promptly blew a raspberry in his face.

"Goodnight!" I cackled.

And that was that.
♠ ♠ ♠
5/29/13
:D