remembrance of Ballad

thirteen

I walked into work the next morning and noticed my boss was waiting for me at my register. "Good morning Lisa" Standing beside her was a new employee "Lisa meet Mateja. She smiled wide and shook my hand "Hey" She said. "Lisa, help her get started and I will meet back with you in a little while" Beth, my boss turned to leave.
I explained what we had to do. The job is pretty simple, Mateja didn't say much, but she learned quickly. "Do you have a boyfriend" She asked me when no one was at the register. I thought of Matt and Jorel. I guess my answer should be no. And that was the truth. I did not have one. It's too early to tell If something would happen with Matt and I had to get to the bottom of the thing with Jorel he still had me confused. But I wouldn't let that hurt me. Spring is keeping an eye on him so I know if something happens I will be notified.
"My boyfriend's name is Dylan" Mateja told me. "His friends are crazy but they are fun to be around. Besides Matt who can be a bore at times when he constantly texts. I let out a small chuckle. "Vanessa is so sweet and seems to adore Jorel" I felt my eyes pop out of my head then. She was talking about Hollywood undead, She was too vague for me to realize it in the beginning. She seemed to be Dayan's type which was good. I was hoping she would talk more about Jorel and Vanessa. Sure they where adorable together but It still haunted me that Jorel tried to get back with me while being with the girl he cheated on me with. I guess old habits die hard, as the saying goes.

I listened closely as she spoke about each member. Nothing really about their girlfriends. Or it seemed she really only knew Vanessa. It was clear to me that she did not know about me nor Veronica who where past girlfriends of Jordan and Jorel. Maybe we weren't spoken of at all. As she went on, Mateja told me Matt continually talked about one girl. But never said her name. "what's she look like" "Long Brown hair, big brown eyes, and slender" It matched the description of the girl I saw Jorel with at the donut place yesterday. I needed more information. I needed Veronica to get with Jordan for a few days to help me figure this out. As we continued talking, I grew to like her more and more. Which I was happy to finally meet one of their girlfriends.

We exchanged numbers after work and I made my way home for the night. Once, in my apartment I checked my phone to see if spring had any news to report. Sadly, no voice mails or text messages. In fact, it's all been very quite lately. Nothing from Matt either. I bet he's busy so there's nothing to worry about. I fixed myself a bowl of Cheerios for dinner and got comfy on the couch to watch some late night television. Around midnight, I grew tired and headed for bed. I finished a small glass of vodka before I went. I checked my phone again, still nothing. I think I should begin to worry a bit by now. I decided to text Mateja. I bet she would know something. Waiting for her response, I changed quickly into my sleep clothes She told me all was well with them as far as Dylan went, which didn't tell me about the rest of the band but I suspect if anything was to go wrong, I would be told. Defiantly.

I put my mind at ease as best as I can and attempted to get some sleep, which didn't come since I was full of worry about Matt. It's a wonder how one night can change things for me. I wondered what he thought of me. I wondered if he was thinking about me. Finally, I felt myself falling asleep and my wondrous mind too.