remembrance of Ballad

Eight

As morning broke I wake awoken suddenly. I looked over to my side to see my sleeping ex girlfriend. I couldn't help but smile knowing we actually talked to each other. I got up slowly, I didn't want to wake her up. she was so pretty when she slept.I walked myself to the bathroom. I did my business and looked in the mirror. I needed to shave. I walked back out into the living room to still see Lisa asleep on the couch. I bet she had work this morning. I had no idea when.
I watched her as she began to wake from her sleep. She let out a yawn and her beautiful green eyes opened. I smiled to myself as she stood up, obviously still half asleep.
"morning" She said. I was in a daze at her. I felt my phone ring in my pocket. I quickly pulled the phone out of my pocket. In disbelief it was Vanessa. I never told Lisa or anyone she was the girl I slept with and cheated on Lisa with. I got together with her right after the divorce was finalized. That was three years ago. I can't bare to live with her anymore. Nor be around Vanessa since she thinks I will marry her. I put my phone to my ear and prepared for a screaming match
"Hello" I had an irritated tone in my voice that I hoped she directed.
And there it was. The screaming match begun. All she wanted all the time was my were abouts, who I was with, What I was doing and all. Even on tour I could almost swear she would follow the bus if given the chance.
"Where are you? where have you been? You better not be with some whore" She screamed into the receiver of her phone. I could feel myself get a headache. I heard the shower go off in the apartment. When I turned around Lisa's door was closed.
"I'll be home later" I rubbed my head I couldn't take the constant yelling she did over the crap I did. If I wanted to cheat I would. I don't know why I haven't left her yet and done my own thing. My thoughts traveled over to Lisa who appeared in the kitchen where I was standing wearing her work uniform. She didn't look happy. Would would be when you have to wear the same thing to work everyday? I watched as she grabbed some water from the refrigerator.
"Off to work, Lock the door on your way out" Lisa must have been in a hurry. I checked the time and it was one. I wondered when she had to go in. "Hey, um Lis, can I hang here until you get back" I suspected her to say no. I watched as she bit her lip "Yeah you can. Just don't go through anything" She said and ran out of the apartment. Our old apartment., The one I had to leave when she found me with Vanessa.I hated the look in her eyes that day. The beautiful green eyes filled with tears. The brightness died that night. And all I could do was cover myself and her up. I remember her slamming the door. She screamed and cried and All I wanted to do was make it better, but I was told to get out. The words to this day make me cringe. She's not the emotional girl. She's tough and can hold her ground well.
I walked about the apartment. I found a load of vodka bottles in the trash. We used to have a lot of parties here, so they must have gone bad and lis threw them out. I sat myself on the couch turned on the tv and sat waiting until Lisa came back.
Already I missed her like I used to.

A few hours later I got a text from Matt asking where I was. I looked at the time again, this time it was six. She should be home in a few hours. I decided to run to the store and attempt a dinner. I wondered around the store absolutely not knowing what to buy or if it should be casual or not. After wondering for a few more moments I found Veronica.
"Hey, glad I found you here. I'm trying to make dinner and i don't know what too make" She gave me a confused look.
'For who"
"Lisa and myself" She laughed slightly. "Are you sure? Just don't burn down her apartment jay"
"Very funny. Some help please, You know her well"
She shook her head and began to walk near the meat. "Burgers, simple easy and something you can't screw up"
She handed me a package as we began walking to a register "Have you been with Jordon" Veronica shook her head yet again. I guess no one told her he had a girlfriend. But this may be something I should tell Lisa.
I said my goodbyes to Veronica as I got in my car to go home that night. Lisa should be home soon. As I entered the apartment building I noticed her car in the parking lot. I made my way to her apartment and knocked on the door. I heard her yell come in. Good thing I left that note on the coffee table before I left. When I entered she gave me a weird look "What? I'm cooking dinner" I saw her smile which made me weak at the knees.
I watched as she took the bags from me and began to prepare the food. Something told me I would be getting a lesson in this cooking tonight. I planned on staying here longer then I should.