Status: Just started it

This Isn't Happening...Right?

Monte!

I was sitting in my room getting my hair dried so I could straighten it, when I heard Mike yell from downstairs, "Skyler! Hurry up or I'm leaving you here!" I rolled my eyes, I know I'm not going to be done any time soon, "Just go Mike! I'll walk to school today!" I heard him groan, "You're going to be late!" I sighed, "I don't care! I'll talk to Mrs. G when I'm there." He groaned again, "Ok, see ya at school." I started straigtening my hair after I heard Mike slam the door shut, he always slammed it when our parents weren't home and that was pretty much all the time. I sighed and looked at my vanity, it was covered with pictures of me and my brother, Monte. After I was finished with my hair I got up and pulled on my black skinny jeans with a hole on the left knee and grabbed my black and purple studded belt. I went to my dresser and got my favorite t-shirt out, it was a Falling In Reverse band tee. I know, my brothers bands old lead singer. I should be supporting Escape the Fate, right? Well I love both of the bands and nothing is going to change that. I grabbed my ipod and walked down the stairs and turned it on listening to The Drug in Me is You. I sang along with it quietly as I walked to school. When I walked into the building I seen the halls were empty, great. I walked into the main office and looked at the secretary/ counselor Mrs. G, "Hi." She turned and looked at me, "Skyler Money, why are you late today?" I sighed, "Well, I got up late and I didn't want to make Mike late so I told him to come to school without me." I looked down, she sighed, "Things are getting rough with you and Michael again, aren't they?" I nodded, "I miss Monte." She nodded, "I know you do. I have an idea to make it so it looks like you weren't late today, interested in it?" I quickly nodded, not wanting to be late to math class with Mrs. Ember again, she hates me. Mrs. G smiled and got up, "Come with me and I'll tell you what it is that you'll be doing for me." I nodded and followed her back to the counselor room. When we were back there I seen four guys that had never been at this school before. I looked at them for a minute until I recognized the smaller one, "Monte?" He looked at me and smiled and got up and hugged me, "Skyler! I missed you." I smiled and hugged back, "I missed you too Monte." Mrs. G spoke up, "I knew you would love to help out your brother, that's why I held them here until I knew you were here, I figured he would want you to show his friends around." We both nodded and she walked out, I looked at Max and hugged him next, and then Robert, "Maxie! Robbie! I missed you guys!" They laughed, "We missed you too Skyler." I smiled and let go of them and Craig looked at me and hugged me, "Nice to see you again Sky." I smiled and hugged back, "You too Craig." I walked with the guys around the school making sure they knew where everything was and when it was time for class I looked at their schedules, I have every class with Craig. We went to math and I went to my seat as Mrs. Ember introduced Craig, "Everyone this is Craig Mabbit, he will be with us for the remaining month of school, I know this is hard for him especially being a Senior but make it as easy as possible and be nice. Now Craig if you would please go take a seat next to Skyler Money." I sighed when I heard the girls behind me snicker and sigh at my last name and at the fact that Craig was sitting next to me, until Emma Luis spoke up, "Mrs. Ember?" Mrs. Ember stopped and looked at her, "What is it Emma?" She smiled, "Well..I think that Skyler might get distracted with Craig by her, she seems to work better when she's alone. Maybe he should be moved back here by me." Mrs. Ember sighed, "Emma, I assure you, Skyler will not get distracted by Craig. If anything from looking at Craig's previous math grades, he could help Skyler finish off this year strong. Unlike Emma, you don't need help." I heard the other girls behind me snicker again, I hated feeling like I was the dumb one in this class. Craig looked at me and then got a piece of paper and scribbled something down on it and quickly passed it to me, it said.
Are you alright?
I sighed quietly and responded
Yeah, everyone in this class is smarter than me and they make fun of me for it
Craig sighed and wrote back
I can change that, don't worry I'll help you out Sky, you'll always have me.
I smiled and put the piece of paper in my note book and continued to pay attention to the board and to Craig. We spent the entire day laughing and going to class together, I never thought I would actually enjoy school.