Status: Chapter 5 will be up soon :]

Long Way From Home.

I Found The Genuine In A World Of Fakes.

I was back at Harley's house sitting in the kitchen with Sarah. She's the most optimistic person I have ever met. I also met Blaze. He was a lot different from Harley. He was loud and eccentric. He was also very friendly. Which was different since him and Harley are 'brothers.'
"How did you meet Blaze?" I asked.
Her eyes lit up, "We met two years ago. I was working at a coffee shop and he walked in. He asked me if I would like to go out on a date with him, and at first I told him I couldn't, but he made a scene. Then, I agreed" She laughed.
I laughed along with her, "It's very odd how different Harley is from him."
She nodded, "Harley doesn't open up easy. He doesn't like to show emotions."
I became confused, "Why not?"
She shrugged, "I'm not completely sure. He tells Blaze everything and Blaze keeps it to himself."
I can't help but wonder why. Why does he not like to show emotions? It seems as if he has been hurt badly by someone, but who? He did say that Blaze's mother took him in when he was young. Did his whole family abandon him?
I have so many questions, but I'm as close to getting answers as I am to the moon. My father abandoned me, but my mother was always around. I couldn't picture losing two parents. My life would be messed up beyond repair.
I wonder if I could help him. Maybe expose some of his feelings to me. It was a long shot, but I could always try. It seems like every time someone tells me something new about him, I have more and more questions.

I snapped out of my thoughts to Harley walking into the kitchen. Sarah gave me the, 'I'm gonna go' look. I nodded to her, and she left. He looked a little out of it. He looks extremely tired.
"Do you want me to get something?" I asked, quietly.
He sighed, "Could you make me something to eat?"
I nodded and got up, "What would you like?" Walking over to him.
"Anything."
I wandered around the kitchen looking for what I could make him. There wasn't very much to choose from.
I smiled, "How about eggs?"
He nodded, and opened up his mouth to say something else, but closed it immediately.
"What?" I asked.
He shook his head, "Nothing, never mind."
I cocked my head to the side, but decided to brush it off. Getting the eggs out of the refrigerator, and putting them on the counter I could feel Harley's eyes on me the whole time. Which kind of made me nervous.

"So how is it?" I asked, after slaving away making food for guy I barley know.
He nodded his head, "Really good."
I smiled, and then heard a crash and Blaze scream. Harley shot up out of his seat and ran in the living room, I followed behind him with my heart racing.
Next I heard Harley laughing, and I turned the corner to see Blaze wrapped in a telephone wire, and a big hole in the wall where he ripped out the telephone line, and Harley laughing so hard that he was holding onto the wall.
"Are you really that much of an idiot?" Harley asked.
"No, I'm not." He snapped, "Just get me the fuck out of this thing." Which only made Harley laugh even more.
Harley looked at me and said, "Can you run in the kitchen and grab a pair of scissors?"
I nodded, "Sure."
I ran in the kitchen and checked through all the drawers only to find a pair of hair cutting scissors.
"This is all you have." I said, holding up the scissors.
He nodded, "That's fine."
He started cutting Blaze out of his torture wire, when Sarah ran down the steps.
Blaze immediately looked at her and said, "Don't you even dare make fun of me."
She started laughing really hard, and said, "I'm never gonna let you, or anyone else forget this."
That made Harley and I chuckle.

After we cut Blaze out of the wires, Sarah decided we should go to the mall. I won't lie to you, I hate the mall. It's always over crowded, and the sales ladies always have this grin on their face that says, "I'm gonna talk behind you back as soon as you leave."
"C'mon Z, this store is bomb." She said, dragging me into an overpriced store. Everything in this store was ninety dollars and over. I didn't have the money for any of this.
I groaned said, "I don't have the money, Sarah."
She smiled an evil grin and said, "I stole Blaze's credit card. So yes, we both have the money for this."
I laughed, and looped arms with her.
We ended up buying like two hundred dollars worth of clothes, each.
"That's what he gets for always staying out late." She grinned.
"I feel bad though, we shouldn't have bought that stuff."
"Don't feel bad, Z. He deserved it." She laughed and started skipping.

It's really strange, I didn't think I would ever end up in a group of friends like this, but I did. I was brought up to stay away from the ones who looked different, but I'm really starting to believe that I have actual friends.
People who didn't use me and just leave me, I found the genuine in a world of fakes. Which is truly warming my heart.