Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

The Date

“You’ve been smiling all day,” Sasha commented as we worked on a lab in science.

“I know, I can’t help it.” My date with Alistar was tonight and I was a tad bit excited.

“It’s because you and Alistar are going out tonight, huh?”

I nodded. “Yeah I really can’t wait.”

“Where are you guys going?” Sasha asked pouring something into the test tube.

“I don’t know.” It hadn’t really crossed my mind on what we were going to do; I was just so excited that we were finally going out on a real date.

“I’m sure you guys will have a great time no matter where you go.”

--

School ended and I was at home looking through my clothes to see what to wear. I honestly had no idea and suddenly wished that Sasha was here to help me. I was debating over a couple outfits that I thought looked halfway decent. After staring at them for ten minutes and still not being able to decide, I just picked up the closest one to me. I decided that I was going wear that one. Alistar saw me almost every day, I didn’t think that it would really matter what I wore on the date as long as it was decent. After changing my outfit I did my hair and makeup. It was five forty-five when I was finished with everything.

I was walking down the stairs and as soon as I saw my parents sitting down there I realized that I had not thought everything completely through. I had yet to tell my parents that I was going anywhere tonight.

“Mom, Dad,” I called as I entered the living room where they were sitting. “I’m going out with Sasha tonight, maybe see a movie or something, bye.”

They nodded before my mom said, “Alright see you.”

I walked out of the house and waited on the steps outside the door. It wasn’t long before Alistar pulled up in his car. He got out and walked over to me.

“What are you doing outside?” He asked confused.

“I just didn’t want my mom and dad to know that I’m going on a date. They’d make a big deal out of it or something,” I explained.

“Their little girl’s all grown up,” he teased with a goofy smile. “And going out with a hot guy.”

“Really what hot guy are we talking about here?” I looked over his shoulder. “Because all I see is you.”

“Ha ha, very funny. You’re the one that’s going out with me so let’s go.” We both got into his car before we were heading off to…have our date.

“Where are we going?”

“I was thinking dinner, maybe at the diner on Davis Street?”

“Sounds good to me, they have the best food there.” We talked and joked the whole ride over to the diner and arrived soon after. We didn’t have to wait long to be seated at a booth in the corner of the room. It was a good seat to have it was set off by itself while still being near the rest of the people at the same time. The booth’s cushions sunk in when you sat at them. They were a rich ruby red color that matched the silver tables beautifully. It was a sort of old fashioned diner with an old working jukebox near the counter.

When the waitress came around to our table Alistar and I both ordered a hamburger with a coke.

“We finally are having our first date,” Alistar commented when the waitress left to fill our order.

“Yeah it only took how long?”

“I know. I thought it’d never come.”

Alistar gave me a couple quarters. “Here go pick a couple songs on the juke box.”

“I’ll be right back,” I took the quarters and went over to the jukebox. I flipped through the choices before I found some songs that I thought Alistar would enjoy.

I went back to the booth and slid into it.

We talked about random things as we were waiting for our food to come. Eventually the songs that I picked came on and Alistar knew exactly when. He smiled as the first song that I picked came on.

“You picked this one, huh?”

“Yeah, I thought it was appropriate for the occasion.”

“Nice,” he smirked.

The waitress came back with the food that we ordered. “Two hamburgers. Enjoy!”

I reached for the ketchup. It was one of those in the glass container that was always a pain to get any out of. I shook it and hit the side of it trying to get some ketchup out but it wasn’t coming out.

“Come on,” I whispered under my breath. “I hate this thing.”

Alistar laughed as he watched me. “Would you like some help?” he offered.

“No, I think I got it.” The ketchup came out as a huge glob right onto my hamburger. “Great,” I mumbled.

“You got it all right.” I scraped the extra off while handing it to Alistar.

“Like you can do any better.” I challenged placing the top of my bun back onto my hamburger.

“I can, and I will.” He hit the glass a couple of times and the ketchup slowly came out and he got just the right amount before closing it. Then he looked at me with a smug look.

“Yeah, yeah. You’re so great.”

We started eating after that. The rest of our date went pretty good. I really enjoyed it!

“You have ketchup right,” he pointed to the left side of my mouth, “there.”

“Oops.” I grabbed a napkin quickly, embarrassed and wiped the ketchup off. We ended up laughing about it. We waited for the check and when it came Alistar insisted on paying for it.

“I can pay for some if you want,” I offered.

“No that’s okay. It’s a date I’m supposed to pay.” He got out his wallet and started counting out the amount.

“Well that’s good because I didn’t bring any money with me anyways.” This caused him to laugh.

“So what would you have done if I had you pay?” he wondered.

I shrugged. “I would have ran out of here and never spoken to you again.”

“I’m sure that would be easy with you over at my house practically every day.”

“Hey, I could totally not talk to you.”

“No you couldn’t. The minute you’d see me, in all my glory, you would have to talk to me. It’d be impossible not to.”

“Again with the ego.”

“Wanna make a bet?” He asked as we slide out from the booth and starting making our way to his car.

“What kind of bet?” I asked raising my eyebrows curious.

“I bet that I can go without saying anything egotistical longer than you can go a without talking to me.” He paused. “Wait let’s make it a day instead.”

“What afraid that you’re going to lose?” I mocked.

“No, I just don’t think I’d want to go any longer without you talking to me.”

“Okay, so, what’s in it for me if I win?” He unlocked the car and we both got in.

“The loser has to do whatever the winner tells them to for a day?” he suggested.

“Deal, we’ll start tomorrow morning. Get ready to lose.”

“Oh, I think you’re going to lose. I have this in the bag,” he replied.

I laughed. “Yeah it sure seems like, but that seemed a bit egotistical to me.”

“Damn, well it’s a good thing we don’t start until tomorrow.”

Alistar dropped me off in front of my house.

“I had fun,” I said.

“Me too.” Alistar leaned in for a kiss.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said leaning in for another kiss.

“The bet will start tomorrow.”

“The bet I’m going to win,” I said.

“We’ll see about that. Bye, Sage.”

“Bye, Alistar.” With one final goodbye kiss, I got out of the car and walked into my house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Any and all feedback is appreciated.