Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

Boyfriends

Soon Monday was upon us. I was at my locker begging it to open as usual, it came open the second time.

“Do you ever think maybe it’s you and not the locker that has the problem?” Alistar said from beside me.

I looked over at him. “It’s most defiantly the locker,” I stated before gathering my books.

“If you say so.” He shrugged and smiled. I closed my locker and turned to him.

“Let me see you open it then, the first time around.”

“Combination?” he asked taking his place in front of my locker to open it.

“32,” I paused as he turned it. “7…25.” Once he finished the combination he pulled up on the handle and like magic it opened. My mouth dropped before I quickly closed it.

“My locker just likes you better.”

Alistar laughed. “Like I said it’s you.”

I shook my head. “No it’s not.”

“Okay, your locker just likes me better, that makes perfect sense.” He rolled his eyes slightly.

“It does.” Then we were off to class.

--

Lunch time rolled around and I found myself sitting next to Alistar with Sasha and Trey across from us.

“I really want a water but look at all the people in line to use the vending machine,” Sasha complained.

“It sucks when you have to stand there and wait.” I agreed. “But if you don’t the line will just get longer.”

Sasha laid her head on the table. “I guess I won’t be having any water.”

“I’ll go get it,” Trey offered. He was up and out of his seat before Sasha could protest. He hadn’t taken her money either. She watched as he made his way to the back of the line and stood there waiting.

“What is he doing?” She asked incredulous.

“I believe he’s getting you a water,” I replied.

“Isn’t that what you wanted?” Alistar asked confused.

Sasha shook her head upset. “I didn’t even ask him to, though.” After a few moments she seemed to get what that meant and a small smile came onto her face.

Then she looked at me and I gave her smile back. He was being polite and trying to be a boyfriend by getting her water.

Alistar gave me a confused look. He obviously didn’t get any of it. I couldn’t help but laugh. “You don’t need to know.”

He shrugged his shoulders and we went back to eating our food. Trey came back over after a couple minutes with the water for Sasha that he paid for.

“Here you go.” Trey handed her the water bottle which she took with a smile.

“Thanks, that was very sweet of you.” She gave him a quick kiss.

He leant down to whisper something in her ear which caused her to giggle and nod her head. The rest of lunch passed quickly with lots of laughs and talking.

Before long the day was finally over with and I was heading outside. It was rather warm outside with the sun shining. It was spring and getting warmer each and everyday. In a couple months school would be out for summer vacation. I got a ride home from Alistar. Trey was driving Sasha home. It might not have made the most sense for Alistar to drive me home and go back to his house while Trey went to Sasha’s house and then back to his house, instead of everybody just going to their own house right away but it wasn’t really convenience that was on all of our minds. The car ride passed quickly and we were soon stopped in front of my house.

I had just taken off my seatbelt and was about to open the door when Alistar’s lips crashed onto mine. I was a bit taken aback but as soon as it registered in my mind, I was kissing him back. I darted my tongue into his mouth where our tongues met. I was in the process of exploring his mouth when he pulled back to take a breath. I took that moment to catch mine before I immediately had my lips attached to his again. It was quite awhile that we were just sitting there in his car making out. He nibbled at my bottom lip and pulled away one final time.

“I should get going now,” he said. I smiled at him and nodded my head.

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.” This time I managed to open the door and get out of the car. I waved bye as he backed out of my driveway before I made my way through the front door. I was in a positively great mood and a smile stayed on my face. Well, the smile stayed on my face until my mother asked me what took me so long.

“You should have been home twenty minutes ago. Why are you so late getting home?”

The smile immediately left my face. “Um…” not a good way to start my sentence. “I had to ask my teacher something. It took a little bit and Alistar dropped me off after.” I didn’t really feel like telling my mother that I had just been making out with Alistar for twenty minutes in his car.

“Who’s Alistar?” my mother asked. I was pretty sure I’d mentioned him before. Maybe I hadn’t, he had only been Sasha’s step brother before and I usually didn’t tell my parent much about my social life anyways.

“Alistar is Sasha’s step brother,” I responded.

“Oh, of course,” she stated like she knew that all along. I rolled my eyes. Luckily she didn’t see that.

“I’m going to go get a drink.” I made my way into my kitchen and poured myself a glass of juice. My mother didn’t follow me into the kitchen which I was grateful for. I smiled again as the scene in the car came back to me. I couldn’t wait for Friday. I then went upstairs to my room. I placed a CD into my stereo and pressed play. Music soon filled my room as I jumped onto my bed. I sprawled out on top of it as I listened to the music and pulled out my homework. I absentmindedly started singing along to the lyrics I knew. I couldn’t find a pencil as I started digging through my backpack. I got frustrated when I still had no luck finding it. I threw the backpack away and got up to find one on the desk in my room. Once I found one that worked I sat back down on my bed and started with my homework, singing to the lyrics.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been so long but here's another chapter.