Sequel: Unexpected Secrets

Familiar Faces in the Oddest Places

Pink

Sasha’s alarm woke me up too early for school. I grudgingly got out of bed and started getting ready for school. Sasha flitted around the room all cheerful as she got ready. There was no way I could ever muster up that much energy so early in the morning.

“This is going to be the best!” Sasha exclaimed as she was doing her makeup.

I smiled. “Yeah, today is going to be pretty amusing. I can’t wait to see Alistar’s reaction.”

“I know. It’s going to be so awesome.” Once we both were ready we headed downstairs for some breakfast before we headed off to school. Alistar was already down there eating a bowl of cereal. I sat down beside him.

“Hey Alistar,” I said.

“Hey, Sage,” he said once he had finished what was in his mouth.

“Can you pour me a bowl of cereal?” I asked. He had to do as I said but I figured this wouldn’t be much of a problem anyways.

“Yeah, one second.” He got up from the table and grabbed a bowl. He poured some cereal and milk in it and handed it to me with a spoon.

“Thanks,” I said giving him a kiss on his cheek.

“You’re welcome.”

Once we had finished breakfast, Alistar grabbed his keys ready to head out the door.

“Wait a minute,” I said looking over at Sasha who had the biggest smirk on her face.

“What?” Alistar said looking back at me.

“I have a surprise for you,” I said, “Sasha go get it, will you?”

“Hell yeah,” she said and ran up the stairs to go grab Alistar’s surprise.

“Close your eyes,” I told him.

“Really? This can’t be good.”

“Oh it will be good alright. Remember you have to do whatever I say, that was part of the deal,” I reminded him.

He grabbed onto my waist and pulled me close to him. “Do I really have to do whatever this surprise involves?” He leaned his head down his forehead resting on mine. His lips got closer and closer to my own before he softly placed them on mine. I enjoyed the moment.

“Yes you do,” I told him pulling away. “Now close your eyes.”

Sasha came running down the stair with Alistar’s surprise in hand. “Can I do the honors?” Sasha asked.

“Go right ahead,” I said.

“What are you guys doing?” Alistar asked worriedly.

“Don’t worry abou it.” I told him.

Sasha then shook the can in her hand and started spraying the hair dye onto Alistar’s hair.

“This is so great,” Sasha remarked.

“What the hell are you spraying?” Alistar said his eyes still closed.

“All done, it looks really nice,” Sasha complimented.

“Yeah nice job,” I said and we high-fived. “You can open your eyes now,” I told Alistar.

He did and then grabbed the can from Sasha. “Pink hair dye?” He exclaimed, his face was priceless.
“You dyed my hair pink! We have to go to school like now and you dyed my hair pink.” Boy did he seem upset.

“You have to do whatever I say and I want you to go to school with pink hair. Sasha helped me come up with the idea. She had some of the pink hair dye left over from Halloween. Isn’t that awesome?”

“I think it looks fabulous,” Sasha laughed.

“You guys are so dead,” Alistar said as he went to go check his new hair in the mirror. When he came back he had a smirk on his face. “I actually think I pull this off. I’m so sexy, I look hot even with pink hair. Don’t I look sexy, Sage?” He said placing his hands on my waist.

“Oh yeah,” I said a bit sarcastically. I ran my fingers lightly through his hair, “It does compliment your black hair nicely.”

“Yeah see, I’m still sexy.” I rolled my eyes. He did still look pretty fine.

“Man, I was hoping you’d be more freaked out. You’re not supposed to like it,” Sasha exclaimed.
“Just wait till everyone at school stares at you, it’s going to be so funny.”

“Whatever.” Alistar shrugged. “Let’s get going to school before we’re late.” We all got into Alistar’s car and he drove us off to school.

When Alistar walked in with his bright pink hair, lots of people stared and whispered. It was pretty funny but Alistar played it cool like he did it on purpose. He was owning his pink hair and god was it sexy.

At lunch Trey saw Alistar’s hair and burst out laughing. “Oh god, that’s fucking hilarious!” Trey exclaimed. “They dyed your hair pink, that’s classic.”

“Yeah but it’s not so bad. I mean I can’t even see it so it doesn’t really matter to me.” He took a sip of his soda. “I mean people are looking at me but can you blame them I’m so good looking.”

“He’s ruining it,” Sasha told Trey pouting. “He barely even freaked out. What fun is it if he’s completely fine with it?”

“Awww, I’m sorry. He’s just too conceited,” Trey responded.

“Hey,” Alistar said offended.

“It’s true,” I stated taking a bite of my sandwich.

He scoffed. “Fine everyone gang up on me.”

“Sorry,” I said giving him a quick kiss. “But it’s true.”

“Alright well maybe I am a little conceited…but it’s only because I’m so awesome.” Everyone laughed. Lunch ended too soon. I had Alistar carry my books for the day and he drove me back to his house after school.

We ended up watching some TV with Sasha and Trey.

“You can wash you’re the pink out of your hair whenever you want,” I told Alistar.

“Maybe I’ll just keep it like this forever,” he said smirking at me. “What would you think of that?”

I examined his head. “I can’t really see you with any other hair color besides black.”

“He used to have blonde hair, you know?” Sasha spoke up.

“Really?” I said trying to picture it. Alistar looked away from me. “I can’t see him having blonde hair.” I turned to Alistar, “Why’d you dye it black?”

Alistar just shrugged. “Just cause.”

Sasha smiled. “He dyed it because of you,” she said.

“Shut up!” Alistar said. I was so confused, I didn’t even know Alistar before he dyed his hair.

“What?” I asked confused.

“Ignore her. She thinks she’s smart.”

“Okay?” I dragged out slowly still beyond confused. Our attention went back to the television and the subject was dropped. I had no clue what they were talking about but I figured it was better to just let it drop.
--

Sasha popped into Alistar’s room, after Trey and Sage had both gone home, and plopped down on the bed beside him.

“You should tell her. She’d probably think it was sweet,” Sasha stated.

“It’s embarrassing. She doesn’t need to know. Besides what if she thinks it’s creepy instead of sweet?”

Sasha shrugged. “Then she’ll probably break up with you.”

“You’re really no help.” Alistar sighed frustrated with his sister.

“I’m just saying, it’s not healthy to hide things in a relationship. If you guys are going to start getting serious, you should tell her. I mean she’ll probably find it flattering that you’ve had a crush on her for all these years. It’s not that big of a deal.”

“I guess.”

“You’re making a mountain out of a mole hill. It might bring you guys closer, who knows?”

“Yeah, I’ll think about it,” Alistar dismissed it.

Sasha rolled her eyes. “This is going to turn into the same thing as trying to ask her out. You’re all about thinking and no action. It’s kind of pathetic,” she joked.

“Shut up,” he joked back. “Get out of my room.” She smiled.

“Fine, start thinking.” He smiled as she walked out. He had to find a good moment to tell Sage.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this story is just about done. There's only a couple more chapters, I think, until it's over with. I'm thinking of doing a sequel/spin-off that would be about Trey and Sasha, maybe not sure yet. Let me know what you think.