Someone To Save Me

TEASER

I stood on the door step waiting, listening to the heavy footsteps approaching. When the door opened I looked into the deep brown eyes of the boy I have loved with my entire life.

“Addie” he smiled.

“Hi Tanner.”

“What are you doing here?” he said wrapping me up in his arms.

“What I have to have an excuse to visit my best friend?”

“No of course not, I just thought you were in school.”

“Just finished the semester. I’m officially done with my Junior year of college.”

“That’s great Adds.”

“Are you going to invite me in or am I going to have to stay on the porch all night?”

“Of course come in! I have to warn you though some of the guys are here.”

“Oh no problem” I smiled.

“Tanner who’s . . . well hello.”

“Guy this is Addison, we’ve known each other since we were babies.”

“Holy Shit, you’re dad is my hockey hero” one of the guys said instantly bringing Tanner and my father into the discussion. “I mean the Golden Goal in the 2010 Olympics. EPIC!”

“Thanks. That’s daddy” I said rolling my eyes in Tanner’s direction. “Tanner I’ve missed you! How’s school been?”

“Good, but you know I’m just doing this to satisfy my parents.”

“I know but at least you’re still working on the hockey thing, and when you do get into the NHL it will be on pure talent not because you’re Kris Letang’s son” I said with a reassuring smile.

“This is why you’re my best friend” he replied pulling me into his side.

Alright so I know that you probably remember the story of our parents, my mom the sports photographer/writer/whatever, and my dad the Next One, Golden Boy and their friends. It’s a lot to live up to but luckily I’ve had a friend like Tanner my entire life. Both of us with famous fathers, and kids that only wanted to be our friends because of that. Tanner has always been the one person that I could go to when I needed someone, and vice versa.

“Tanner baby I’m home” I heard from the entry followed by a chorus of groans and me being pushed away from him. I looked up at him confused, he’s never pushed me away before. When the beach blonde overly skinny and overly tanned girl walked in and threw her arms around him; I was even more confused. This is the type of girl that we’d make fun of on vacation.

“Kelsey this is Addison, our parents our friends” he said, with an apologetic look on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I would give you a little teaser of what's to come.

What do you think?

***** The Sequel Is Up!!!!