Someone To Save Me

Start the Year Off Right.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

NEW YEARS

“Katie, wow you look amazing” Sid said as I stepped out into Megs living room wearing my charcoal dress and red pumps. We had spent the afternoon getting primped and pampered for the night. His smile when I walked out to see him making my heart skip a beat, it’s ridiculous how just a look from him can make me feel so loved.

“Thank you, you look pretty damn good too” I replied walking towards him, “ready to go?”

“Yea, I thought that we could go to dinner first, then head to the party.”

“Ok” I replied as he helped me with my coat. “I can’t believe you actually have off this weekend.”

“It worked out somehow.”

“You’re so Canadian. It worked oat.”

“Yep” he smiled taking my hand and leading me out to his car, opening the door for me before walking to the driver side. “I’m really glad that you’re here Katie” he added as we drove off.

“Me too, too bad I have to leave tomorrow.”

“But not until the evening right?”

“Right.”

“Good” he said taking my hand again, resting it on the center council. “So we can have the day to wallow in the fact that you’re leaving already.”

“Don’t remind me. I got the most time off I could. I haven‘t seen you since October. I‘ve missed you so much.”

“I know, I‘ve missed you too” he said letting go of my hand and brought it up rubbing my neck. “I’m just glad that you’re here.”

“I wish I had more vacation time.”

“We’re here” he smiled pulling in front of a secluded restaurant.

“And where exactly is here?”

“You’ll see” he winked getting out of the car making his way to my side on the car helping me out. We stepped out of the cold winter weather and into the warm empty restaurant.

“Where is everyone?” I asked taking off my coat.

“The restaurant is closed for a private party” the coat check person said.

“Sid” I gasped, “why did you do this?”

“I want tonight to be special” he said leading me to the table.

“We’ll see” I shrugged.

“Yea, we will. Right about now actually.”

“What do you mean?” I asked as a man came out and started playing the piano. “Oh my gosh. Sidney.”

“Like it?”

“Are you kidding? I love this song . . .”

“Dance with me” he said standing up holding his hand out. I smiled before taking it. He pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arm around my waist. “You look beautiful Katie.”

“Thank you” I whispered before taking in a deep breath relaxing into him. I looked up at him and into his eyes, feeling a light airy breeze wrap around me.

“What are you thinking about?” he asked spinning me under his arm and back against him.

“Just how impossibly perfect this all is.” He smiled before resting his forehead against mine. “This is ridiculously sweet Sid” I said kissing him softly, when I began to pull away he brought me back to him deepening the kiss. When he pulled away I smiled letting out the breath I had been holding in. “I love this moment.”

“What moment?”

“The few precious seconds after you kiss someone you care about deeply and it’s perfect.”

“Me too” he replied just as the song ended. “Hungry?”

“Yea, starving.”

“Good, because they just brought out the appetizer.” He took my hand and we sat next to each other at the table eating, stealing glances and sharing flirty touches. After the waiter took away our dinner plates Sid turned his body towards me placed his hands on my knees and looked directly into my eyes.

“You have to stop that” I whispered moving forward in my chair resting my forehead against his.

“Stop what?”

“Stop the whole intense eye contact, look into my soul thing.”

“Maybe I like that” he replied nuzzling his nose against mine.

“Do the guys know how cheesy you are?”

“Not really, stoic remember?”

“Yea, stoic” I mumbled.

“Katie, I’ve fallen in love with you” he admitted. I let out my breath, and with a smile on my face I pressed my lips to his.

“I love you too Sidney” I whispered.

“I was more nervous to tell you that then when I got drafted.”

“You had to have known that I felt the same. From the moment that I walked away that first time Sid, when you hugged me goodbye, I didn’t want to step out of these arms” I said placing my hands on his biceps. “And when you said that you almost came after me, I wished that you had. I wish that . . .”

“I wish I chased after you, convinced you to stay with me” he said.

“Then why the hell didn’t you?” I said with a smirk.

“Something about you having to go because it’s your job. I stupidly understood” he said smiling when I laughed at the way he said about. “You’re going to giggle like that everytime aren’t you.”

“Probably” I said shaking my head.

“Good” he smiled before kissing me again.

We got to the party about an hour before midnight and immediately were handed drinks and made a round saying hi to the guys before Sid led me into the middle of the make shift dance floor. His large hand found the small of my back pressing me into him.

“Oh so you tell me that you’re in love with me so that means you can man handle me Crosby?”

“Not man handle . . .” he smirked as we swayed to the music.

“Then what is this?”

“Me holding my girl close to me . . .”

“Your girl huh?”

“Yea, I want to start the year off right. I want us to be a couple . . . Officially.”

“Officially” I reiterated.

“I want to call you my girlfriend.”

“Go for it” I smiled.

“Well if you don’t want to . . .” he said pulling away from me.

“I never said that! I want this” I replied grabbing a fistful of his dress shirt holding him in place. “I want this” I added in a whisper.

“Good” he smiled before kissing me. He deepened it holding me firm to him.

“Save it for later” Max said with glasses and a bottle of champagne in his hands.
“It’s about damn time Sid.” he handed us both glasses and filled them to the brim before giving us his big cheesy grin and walking away.

“That was weird eh?”

“Eh?” I giggled. “I’m sorry, you make me laugh anytime you bust out a Canadian euphemism.”

“Don’t apologize. I love that about you.”

“You did that one on purpose” I said with a smile.

“Maybe” he said placing a hand at my neck rubbing it slightly before pulling me towards him letting his lips crash into mine. Everything around us turned into a faint hum leaving just the two of us, I could barely make out the count down winding down the last few seconds till the new year.

“Happy New Year Katie” he whispered breaking the kiss for a few seconds.

“Happy New Year Sidney” I replied giving him another kiss. “Best New Year ever.”

“Best ever?”

“Yep.”

“Good” he said kissing me again.

“You keep doing that and . . .”

“And what?”

“I don’t know, I’m never going to leave.”

“Sounds good to me” he said pressing his lips firmly to mine again, and again moving his lips perfectly against mine.

“Katie!” I heard, groaning slightly I looked towards the sound of Megs voice. “Karaoke, lets go!”

“Karaoke! Sid come on!”

“Oh, no, I don’t sing. In fact I suck . . .” he said only to be interrupted by the guys agreeing loudly.

“Well lucky for you Sid, my dear friend here happens to be amazing” Meg said dragging me away from Sid and towards the mics.

“You dragged me here Meg, what do you have planned?”

“Oh a little song I like to called Everything.”

“You are lucky that I love this song” I said shaking my head at her. “Very lucky, I should be pissed at you for tearing me away from that man over there, who loves me and just made this the best New Year ever.”

“You two are incredibly cute together. When are you moving here?”

“That’s not really in the plan right now Meg. We’re just going to do the whole long distance relationship thing for now.”

“Relationship? Does this mean it’s Facebook official?”

“I guess that’s one way of saying it.”

“Really?”

“Yea, Meg you’re such a girl” I said as our song came up.

After the song Sid grabbed my hand and pulled me onto his lap. I smiled resting my head on his shoulder. “I don’t want this night to end” I whispered.

“Me either” he replied holding me close.

“I love you Sidney Patrick Crosby.”

“I love you too Katherine Scarlett O’Callaghan.”

“Damn straight mister.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Seriously no comments at all . . . is this really that bad?