Love In The Air

Chapter 11.

The wedding took a year to plan. Several times Sarah and Adam almost got on the next flight out of Dallas and headed to Vegas just to avoid the stress it was causing them. However both knew that their family and friends would have nearly killed them if they actually went through with that and they knew in the end, they too would regret it.

It was August when the day finally came. Sarah had made all the arrangements to get married at Chateau Julien in Carmel Valley, near her hometown. Adam had agreed upon finding out about their wine selection.

Sarah searched for months for the perfect wedding dress. Finally, when she was visiting her mother once over the season, she stumbled across a beautiful white dress that had a full skirt, with a bit of a trumpet flare, with a satin ribbon tying around the waist and held at the side with a beautiful diamond broach.

The gowns she chose for her bridesmaids were a champagne color with a chocolate colored band around the waist that came above their knees. The top of their strapless dresses had a bit of a sweetheart neckline that was rouched.

“Alright Sarah, let's get your shoes on you,” her mother told her, smiling lovingly at her daughter. Sarah lifted the skirt of her dress slightly so her mother could slip her shoes on her, a perfect picture for the photographer.

Vanessa, one of her bridesmaids, offered them both a glass of champagne after the task.

“Thanks,” Sarah told her with a smile, sipping lightly from the flute. “I can't believe this is really happening.”

Abby Sharp, another one of her bridesmaids told her, “You better believe it! You're about to be tied down to him forever!”

“I can't wait,” Sarah grinned. “Someone want to bring my gift to Adam now so he can have it for the ceremony?”

“I'll do it!” Kelsi offered.

“Perfect. It's just a pocket watch and my letter to him.”

“He'll love it,” her friend said, taking the bag that was offered.

Sarah kept her bridal party small. It was only Vanessa, Abby, Kelsi and her friend Shelby, while Adam's groomsmen were Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jon and his cousin Bob.

Kelsi returned not long after she left, carrying a tiny box that obviously held a piece of jewelry and a letter sealed in an envelope. Sarah opened the letter first and began to read it.

My Love,

Today, we begin the rest of our lives together and I cannot wait. You mean so much to me and have been the best part of my life the last few years, which is when I truly feel my life began. You have made me a better man. I never thought this day would come but now, the moment I can call you my wife needs to hurry up.

With All My Love,
Adam


Sarah had tears in her eyes as all the women in her bridal suite, which was obviously her bridal party and mother, but also Adam's mother and his sister as well, smiled softly at her, all remembering how emotional they were on their own wedding days.

A few moments later, the wedding coordinator came in. “Alright ladies, we've got a wedding to get to!”

“Let's do this,” Sarah told everyone with a wicked grin.

The girls all stood, checking their hair and makeup one last time before grabbing their bouquets of Calla lilies. They then proceeded to walk out of the room and to the doors that would lead them to the ceremony.

All the girls lined up and began to procession. Sarah took her mothers arm and they both smiled at each other, before they began walking to where her future husband stood. When Sarah looked at Adam, she noticed his eyes watering and had to stop herself from letting her tears fall.

When Sarah reached Adam, her mother kissed her cheek after lifting her veil. She then handed her daughters hand to Adam.

The two exchanged traditional vows in front of their friends, family and God but also tried to keep it short because they were all seated in the hot summer sun and they sealed their promise to one another with a beautiful kiss.

After the ceremony, the two spent the next hour taking pictures together and with their wedding party and close family while the rest of their guests enjoyed cocktail hour.

Soon, the pictures were done because most pictures were taken prior to the wedding, aside from the ones that involved both the bride and the groom.

Instead of walking into the ceremony with the one they walked down the aisle with, Sarah and Adam let their wedding party walk in with whoever they wanted. Naturally, the Sharps walked together as well as the Toews, Vanessa walked with Patrick Kane and Shelby with Bob.

“I love you,” Adam told Sarah with a grin, right before they walked in together.

“Love you too,” she said with a grin just as wide.

“Ready?” he asked.

“Definitely. The quicker we get this over with, the quicker we'll be in St. Barts.”

“Or our hotel room up the road,” he grinned wickedly.

“Adam!” she faked a gasp, but grinned, just as anxious as he was.

“Shhh, they're announcing our entrance.”

“And now, it's with great pleasure that I announce for the first time in public, Mr and Mrs Adam Burish,” the DJ announced, playing “Sexy and I Know It”. The couple walked straight to the dance floor, where Adam twirled Sarah to a stop in the middle, stopping as their first dance song began to play. As the melody of “When You Got A Good Thing” by Lady Antebellum started playing, Adam pulled Sarah into him closely and she laid her head against his shoulder. Throughout the song, Adam and Sarah sang different parts of the song to each other.

In the last minute of the song, the DJ asked other couples in love to join the couple on the floor.

“Best day ever,” Sarah whispered, her words and eyes filled with love and adoration.
♠ ♠ ♠
Links to dresses, venue and flowers:

http://pinterest.com/pin/47006389830317930/

http://pinterest.com/pin/47006389830461209/

http://pinterest.com/pin/47006389830303259/

http://www.soireebysimone.com/gallery-millington.html

This chapter was a pain in the ass and so tedious. Because all 42 of my subscribers are amazing! But now I don't have 12, the final chapter, written yet. I have lots of ideas and since it's the final one, I want to take my time on it so expect it maybe next week?