Love In The Air

Chapter 6.

By the time summer rolled around, the Stars had yet again failed to make it to the playoffs but Sarah and Adam were still going strong. They managed to see each other every spare moment they got, mainly ending up with Sarah making the arrangements to be in the same city as him because his hockey schedule wasn't something that could be messed with, even with Adam being injured ocassionally.

When the Stars season ended, Adam went home after a few days of wallowing and when he had managed to pull himself together, he invited Sarah to Wisconsin, where she met his parents and sister. They all got along fantastically and that pleased Adam greatly because of how much they all meant to him, he didn't want there to be sides he'd have to take. In fact, his mother, sister and Sarah were constantly ganging up on him, making him lose several arguments. He didn't mind too much, it was nice for him to see them all get along so well.

It was now late June and everyone was in Chicago to attend the wedding of Kelsi and Jon. Sarah had been in town for the last two weeks trying to help her friend keep everything together and finish some last minute wedding plans. Adam had come into town the day before but she had yet to see him because as the maid of honor, it was her job to make sure everything went smoothly and if it didn't, the bump in the road did not get back to Kelsi.

As the bridesmaids and brides finished taking some pre-wedding pictures so it didn't take so long after the ceremony, they walked back inside the church and drank some water to keep from becoming dehydrated. Minutes later there was a knock on the door and once the person standing on the other side of the door was given the okay, it opened to reveal Adam.

“Wow, don't you girls look beautiful,” he said with a grin, his eyes lingering on Sarah, who gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. “I came to bring you a gift from your future husband,” Adam told Kelsi, holding a small bag up.

“Thank you,” she smiled at him, reaching for the bag. She reached into the bag and pulled out a small box that revealed a pair of blue saphire earrings, to match the wedding colors. “I have his, Sarah was just about to bring it to him. Now you can just walk her back to the room so she doesn't get lost.”

Sarah playfully glared at her friend and went to find the gift for Jon, which was a pair of platinum cufflinks with their wedding date and his initials.

“It would be my pleasure,” Adam told the bride, taking Sarah by the hand and leading her to the grooms suite. Of course the trip to the other side of the church took a bit longer than it should have, the couple being deprived of seeing one another for two weeks, so they tried to sneak in some kisses before they would have to stand through the ceremony and more pictures, before finally getting some alone time together.

Eventually the two made it to Jon, where he was relaxing with the rest of his groomsmen who consisted of his brother, TJ, Patrick Kane and a couple friends from back in Winnipeg and his college days. Sarah handed over the gift and told Jon how much his bride loved her gift, complimenting him on his impeccable taste in jewelry. Of course, this caused Jon to blush since his groomsmen, except Adam, thought this was hilarious. Sarah quickly silenced them all with a harsh glare, threatening TJ that she could quickly change his plans for the night so he wouldn't be near Vanessa, even though she was also a part of the wedding party. This quickly silenced him.

Sarah told the men goodbye and made her way to do one final check that things were ready for the ceremony to begin in fifteen minutes. When she cleared that everything was going as planned, she made her way back to the bridal suite to tell everyone and make sure everyone did some last minute touchups with their makeup.

The ceremony went on without a problem and soon, the bridal party was introduced to the crowd at the reception, which was taking place at a rather large restaurant in the city that overlooked the river. The couple took to the dancefloor and had their first dance and then dinner was quickly served.

While eating their food, Sarah and Adam sat closely together, just talking quietly together when they weren't interacting with everyone else around them. However, when they would engage in conversation with others, Adam would make sure to hold Sarah's hand and gently squeeze it, just to show he was aware of her next to him and silently tell her he wouldn't have it any other way.

After hours of eating, dancing and laughing, Sarah and Adam stepped outside on the balcony so they could get some fresh summer air. It had been quite busy inside, with both the bride and grooms entire family and many people from around the league and Sarah and Adam just wanted to have some breathing room.

Adam took Sarah's hands in his and placed them atop his shoulders, pulling her into him. He asked, “May I have this dance?” as the melody for a slower song began to play. Sarah just smiled softly at him and leaned her head on his chest.

“I love you,” she whispered to him.

Adam grinned wolfishly. “I love you too.”

The couple continued to sway back and forth to the music as it continued on around them. “I don't want to leave you in two days,” Sarah mumbled out embarrasedly.

“Well that's good, because I don't want you to leave me either,” he told her and slipped something from his pocket, pulling back from her. He placed what was in his pocket in her hand and Sarah looked at it.

“A key?” she asked.

“A key to a house in Dallas for us...if you'll move in with me,” Adam asked, afraid to look her in the eyes.

Sarah was quiet for a moment, shell shocked at his proposition, even though she knew her answer.

“Are you going to say anything....?” he prompted.

She grinned, “Of course I'll move in with you!”

Adam let out a breath of relief, “Thank God! I was nervous you wouldn't say yes.”

“How could I not? I love you,” she told him, wrapping her arms around his neck and placing kisses all over his face, before finally resting her lips on his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I have a life. I've been busy with school and my personal life but now that I'm done with applying for my transfer for next fall, I should have a little more time to write. Enjoy! Also, the way this story works is there aren't really any filler chapters, there's time skips just to show the progress of their relationship. And from what I remember, this ends at chapter 12.