Status: Completed; finally.

Shooting Love in Real Time.

Four.

“So, a little birdy told me the boyfriend was back in town,” James said, sliding into the seat next to me as I bent my head over my Venti Café Mocha at 9am the next morning. I smiled across at him.
“That depends, was your ‘little birdy’ Marissa by any chance?” I laughed.
“I would never reveal my sources,” he grinned.
“So, yes, it was. Then, yes, he is, so is Marissa’s. We all went out for a meal last night and had a little too much wine. Jack spent the night pretending to be classy over a glass of red and far too many vodkas.” James was one of the few friends I had made in college, though he was one who didn’t admit being around for the whole ‘is that the Jasey Rae?” thing at the beginning of the year and, as yet, didn’t know Maria and I had any connection whatsoever to All Time Low – all he knew was our boyfriends’ first names and that they worked away a lot, or so he insisted. He was one of those guys you just knew were on the football team in high school; tall, muscular, blonde, and somewhat attractive under the arrogant smile he somehow managed to wear without attracting any hatred.
“Sounds so much like the boys I’ve been hearing about,” he chuckled, starting to pull his notepad and pens from his bag. Our lecturer had yet to arrive, but that was nothing new, she normally appeared five minutes after the start and acted as though she was on time and we were all early. “Hey, I hear All Time Low is playing a show next week around here. Are you guys going? I know someone with tickets they need rid of and I’m thinking about going.” I scrunched up my nose, thinking about it. Would I be there, where they could all see? Or would Maria and I be hanging around backstage? We never really decided until that night.
“I’m actually not sure. Marissa and me have tickets, but I don’t know if we’re going or not yet. I’ll let you know,” I smiled.
“How likely are you to be there? I mean, I don’t want to go if I have no one to hang with at the bar. That sounds weird, I mean, I don’t want to go alone and look like a creeper by myself at the bar.” I laughed again, this time at his awkwardness and the red tinge edging onto his face.
“We’re more than likely to be there, we’ll probably just be there with the guys and you might not see us,” I shrugged. “I imagine I can keep some creeper company for a drink or two though.” James grinned.
“That’s great! Will I be meeting the mysterious Alex, do you think? Or will he be out of town?”
“I’m not too sure actually! So far he’s going to be in town but his plans can change in a day, really. I’ll keep you posted on that front!”
“Sounds like a busy bee!” Okay, so maybe that part of James doesn’t fit my description. Upon occasion James is known to come out with outdated sayings that half the time you couldn’t even imagine your mother coming out with. It was somewhat confusing, I must say.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have run out of excuses.
I suck, I know.