Tainted Innocence

Learning the truth

A year in the future( learning the truth) -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am sitting at the well washing cloths when Kay comes out of the palace sobbing. She sees me and tries to run the other way, but I have already called out to her. No escape, now. "What happened?" I ask worriedly as she trudges over to the well. As she gets closer I could see what was wrong. She is covered in bruises and her lip has broken open with blood gushing coming out.

"They hit me. They are going after all the girls today because of the full moon." Kay sobs coming over to me and putting her head on my shoulder. I turn to face her and hold her tightly.

"Who? Who is going after everyone?" I ask trying to sooth her. I will tell Hunter once I found out. I'm sure he will help punish these people.

"It was the princes. It is a full moon and their instincts are coming out." she sobs and then we hear yelling making her cry harder. "They wouldn't do that." I tell her a smile in my voice. She only looks at me and shakes her head.

"That's why Hunter wanted you to do all your chores out of the palace. He doesn't want you to see that he is a monster." she says with extra venom for the word 'monster'.

I get up and shake my head. "I'll go check this out. Can you work on the laundry while I'm gone?" I ask before walking off before she can stop me. I jog over to the palace where the screams are deafening. What is going on in there? I walk a little slower into the screams.

I follow the noise up the stairs and have to melt into the wall when a bunch of slaves run past me down the hall away from the roars and screams. What is with this? I walk farther into the noise and almost get lost as I went in circles and zig-zags. Finally I make it to the the beginning of the noise. My mouth drops at the sight.

A girl is pinned against a wall while Hunter ... bangs into her. She cries out and I recognized her voice. It is that girl... what was her name? Belle! I can't help it and though I know I should stay quiet and run I gasp sound. Hunter swings around ,tearing out of Belle roughly,to look at me . His eyes get wide and his mouth drops. A lot of expressions cross his face : concern, regret, confusion, and anger. "Shayla!" he cries out making me freeze in place. "I didn't, I-I.." he starts trying to explain, but I don't hear the rest because I am already running. I can hear him calling after me, but I don't stop.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

My legs are starting to get tried and I have no clue where i am. Great, this is great. I can not remember how I got away from the palace, but it seems I did. Go me!I look around myself trying to figure out where to go from here. I look up to the moon that had showed herself as her sister sun fell into her slumber.I wish i wasback at the castle safe and in my warm bed. I wish to lay down to sleep, but i know i cannot. The only way to make it out of this forest alive is to travel even at night. Though i know i made the right decision in the back of my mind a small vioce tells me to go back to the place where i have grown up. I don't know wether i am safer in the forest or in the castle.

Even if i am uncertain about wether i will survive this night i know i made the right decision. I have to be sure or else...i dont know what will happen to me.