They Say True Love Would Never Leave...

"I could just tell."

When I reached Gerard’s room, I saw that the door was slightly open. I hesitated a moment before pushing the door open more. Gerard was on his bed, lying down on his back. I couldn’t tell if he was sleeping or not, so I quietly made my way over to him. When I reached the bed, I saw his eyes were closed. Seeing as he was sleeping, I saw that as an opportunity to think of something to say to him when I finally talked to him. I started toward the door, but just as I was about to leave the room, I heard Gerard say my name.

“Allie,” said Gerard. I stopped and turned around. Gerard was sitting up on his bed, looking at me. “What are you doing?”

“I wanted to talk to you,” I said after a moment. “But you were sleeping.”

“Well, I’m awake now,” said Gerard. I smiled.

“Yeah,” I said. Gerard patted spot next to him on the bed and I headed over to him and sat there.

“What did you want to talk about?” he asked.

“Mikey broke up with me,” I said.

“Oh,” said Gerard. “Are you ok?”

“Yeah,” I said. “It’s for the best anyways. Mikey and I are better as friends.”

“Yeah,” said Gerard. We sat in silence.

“That’s not the only thing I wanted to talk about either,” I finally said. I watched Gerard nod his head. “I wanted to tell you that I still love you.”

“I know,” he said.

“How do you know?” I asked.

“I could just tell,” said Gerard. I nodded my head and we sat in silence again. “Allie?”

“Yeah?” I replied.

“I really am sorry about how I was when we were together,” said Gerard.

“I know,” I said.

“How?” asked Gerard.

I smiled before answering, “I could just tell.”

Gerard smiled too. I felt Gerard’s hand on one of mine in my lap, and I let him take a hold of it, lacing our fingers together.

“So,” said Gerard. “Now that we’ve established that we both love each other, would you be with me again.”

“Of course,” I said. Gerard smiled before leaning in and kissing me. I could honestly say it was the best kiss I had ever experienced with Gerard, our passion and yearning for each other that had grown was all placed into that single, soft kiss. I had believed Gerard would be gone forever, but he had come back to me. My true love had come back.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end. Sorry I took so long to update. I've been busy. I was going to update yesterday, but my keyboard crapped out. But I got a new one now ^_^ So, thank you to all the commenters and subscribers! ^_^ Thanks for reading. Feel free to read some of my other stories, or my newest one "Holding Onto What I'm Feeling" which is a Jeph Howard fanfic.
~Sally