Status: :D :D :D

Big Bad Handsome Man

Change of Heart

Suddenly, the dynamic changed with but one sentence.
“Hey Rachel, you should come to our concert tonight,” he said, off handedly.

She raised an eyebrow in surprise, only stopping by to refill his coffee. The place was packed today which was a bit unusual.

“Oh?” she asked, taking her time so she could talk to him.

“Well, if you come a bit early, we can take that stroll in the park and you can watch us set up, maybe meet the guys. It’s at the gazebo. And you can have a front row seat,” he said, his half smile in place.

She looked at him, and opened her mouth to answer him. She didn’t get a chance to, because another customer decided to disturb her conversation with an order. With an apologetic smile, she hurried away after he waved her away, sighing. He sipped his coffee for another ten minutes and seeing that the place wasn’t going to be clear any time soon, he grabbed a piece of paper from his bag.

It read as the following:

Rachel,

I don’t mean to leave you like this, but it’s busy & I should probably go anyway with the performance tonight. I do hope you come. Directions are at the bottom and my number as well—just call if you need me. You get off at five and if you come, try to get there around seven. That should be plenty of time to get ready, even for a girl. Don’t kill me for that comment either. We can take a walk for a while and then you can watch us set up before the show, as I said earlier. (:

If not, I’ll see you tomorrow and pout all while I’m here. And yes, this is the guilt trip I’m pulling.
-Adam.

He left another ten dollar tip and slipped out the door. It was five minutes before she even glanced his way, and she bit her lip, hating her job at that moment. When she read the note, she wondered if she should go. She couldn’t understand her hesitation, and neither could she come up with a reason to not go… but she still questioned it. She slipped it in her pocket and sighed. She’d think on it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger! This is all I have for now.