I Don't Date

Chapter 1: A New Beginning

It's November and we've not long got back from half-term. I've been in my college 2 months now and I've had trouble letting go of my old life in Formby. I've been tempted to run away back to Formby plenty of times and I've been acting as though Raurie is still my boyfriend, which isn't healthy but my friends say I'm using him for stability to try and get used to everything. But I know that's going to take me a while.

"Nevaeh, you have to get up for college. I'm leaving for work in 10 minutes and we'll be late," My mum, Jess, called from the foot of the stairs. I kicked the covers off me and threw myself out of bed to look in my mirror. Yuck! I looked liked I had been dragged through a hedge backwards. God, I was a rough sleeper. I turned my music player on and went to my wardrobe and threw my bootcut jean on with a tank top and boots. My hair was put up in a pony tail and I put my make-up and jewellery on, grabbed my college bag, phone, keys, purse and ipod and headed out the door.

It doesn't take long for me to get up to college, usually only 20 minutes with my ipod in. I always meet the girls at college; Nicki and Bailey are twins so they come in together, Candi comes in with her older brother Ricky and Grace and Belle come in together because they're twins as well.

When i got into colelge in the canteen, Grace, Belle and Candi were in and so was Grace and Candi's boyfriends; Ben and Rhys and Candi's brother Ricky withi his two best friends; Alex and Matty and Matty's girlfriend Freya. When I sat down, I was greeted by everyone.

"Hey Nevaeh," Candi said as she hugged me. "How are you babe?"I hugged her back as she kissed my cheek.

"I'm fine love, just a bit tired you know,". I smiled.

"I know the feeling babe, Ricky had Alex and Matty around for a drink last night and Freya came around as well, was hectic as anything," Candi explained.

"I can imagine," I smiled, "Ricky is loud enough, never mind with Alex and Matty as well. So what happened then? I'm sure the place got trashed or something," I asked, putting my ipod away in my bag.

"It was ok, our parents were out because it was their anniversary but yeah the place got trashed. It looks like a bomb-site," Candi laughed. "I can't even remember most of it to be honest. I just remeber waking up on the couch this morning and there were bottles of vodka and lager all over the place. I have this major headache as well," Candi sighed, trying to remember the previous night.

"You've got a hangover," Grace and Bell said in unison as Candi put her head of the desk.

"I have not got a hangover, just a headache," Candi protested, sitting back up properly, trying to fix her hair and make it look as though there wasn't any problems.

"Yes you have," I argued, "Now let me get you a drink of water. I'll hydrate you a bit and stop you looking like crap," I got my purse out of my bag and went to the counter to buy a bottle of plain water, then came back over and handed the bottle to Candi.

"Ahh, thanks Nev, you're a star, you are," Candi smiled as she sipped the water. We sat in silence for a little while as we kept an eye on Candi.

"Are you sure you should be in college with a hangover?" Belle asked, leaning forward in her chair.

"I have to, if Mum and Dad come home and find out I have a hangover they'll kill me. It's bad enough Matt persuaded Ricky to let me drink last night, let alone Freya trying to palm me off with drugs," Candi sighed.

"What? You are joking, Candi?" Grace leaned forward, raising her voice a little. We all looked a little suprised really, we honestly didn't think Freya was like that. I mean, yeah she was a little rough around the edges and she wasn't exactly the best behaved in our class but we didn't think she was messing around with drugs.

"It's no big deal girls, I didn't touch the stuff. Ricky made sure of that," Candi replied, whispering so nobody else would hear.

"What was she trying to give you Candi?" I asked, a little skeptical. I never did like Freya to be honest and this just made me dislike her even more.

"Just a bit of weed," Candi replied, still sipping at her water. "When Freya gave me the bag, Matt freaked out because he knew Freya had done it before but didn't think she was still carrying some around with her. Alex flipped because his dad is a policeman and he would definately get killed if he found out he was hanging around with people involved in drugs." Candi started to explain.

"So then what happened?" Belle asked, concerned.

"Ricky just went berserk and started giving her this big talk about how I was his litte sister and she was just acting pathetic, what the hell was she thinking and how he had disappointed her and then that was it. The party was over and Alex, Matty and Freya went home," Candi explained, she looked a little disappointed but it was nice to see that Candi was actually being sensible about this. She's easily led astray our Candi but people seem to say that she has an old head on young shoulders, and she actually does.

"Well at least we know Ricky is doing his job properly. But why is Freya sitting with Ricky, Alex and Matty now then, if they've had an argument?" I asked, intrigued of what Freya wanted. I honestly couldn't stand her and I wanted to know what she really wanted.

"Apparently, she's apologising and trying to explain herself. Ricky isn't having any of it and neither is Alex but Matt is a bit pissed off because obviously Freya is his girlfriend but he feels as though Ricky and Alex are making him choose between his friends and his girlfriend," Candi explained.

Just at that moment, we heard the chairs scraping along the floor and saw Ricky, Matt, Alex and Freya standing up to come over next to talk to us. We all looked at Freya, wondering what she wanted, with an accusing look on our faces. Ricky and Alex looked pissed off and Matt looked a sure of himself and Freya just looked flat out guilty.

"What do you want?" Candi snapped, snarling Freya a little, drinking her water more now rather than just sipping at it.

"I have something to say," Freya replied, twiddling her fingers, looking down at her hands, trying to avoid eye contact with Candi.

Candi looked at Freya with harsh, piercing eyes. Nobody said anything because we were all waiting to see what Candi was going to do.

"Well?" Candi asked, her tone harsh and her facial expressions cold.

"I...er...I wanted to apologize for trying to give you some weed last night. It was wrong and I was acting totally immature. You're just a kid and I'm sorry I tried to push you to do something you didn't want to do," Freya apologised. It wasn't exactly the best apology we'd heard but it was good enough to come from Freya at all. She's not the type of person to apologise.

Candi carried on looking at Freya with harsh eyes, then looked at Grace, Belle and I for a little reassurance or help as to what to do next but we didn't budge, move or give any indication of what she should do, Candi had to do this on her own.

Eventually Candi stood up and looked Freya square in the eyes. "Let me be honest with you Freya. I don't like you, I have never liked you, I only put up with you because you're Matt's girlfriend who is one of my brother's best mates. I don't want you anywhere near me, I don't want you anywhere near my brother and I don't want you anywhere near my friends. You're a creap, a tramp and you're a druggie," Candi snapped, her face was cold and expressionless and her tone was harsh as she spat the words at Freya.

"Yeah but...I'm nice to you," Freya pleaded a little.

"No Freya. You're not. You slag me and my friends off behind out backs, you threaten us behind our backs and you offered me drugs!" Candi exclaimed, clearly annoyed. "Your a full-on Bitch! With the worst attitude, I've ever seen in my life, so do us all a favour and fuck off will you," Candi spat before she picked up her bag, as did we, and she stormed off to the toilets and we all followed.

"I'll see you later babe," Ben called after Candi and before Grace followed us, she hugged and kissed Rhys then turned around and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is all I have so far so please excuse the way I've stopped at the beginning of a conversation so far.