Hidden Behind a Mask

Preparations!

Darren's POV
Here I am a strong, noble warrior and prince of werewolves freaking out over a girl I haven't even spoken to yet. I'm pathetic, aren't I? My heart rate is increasing with every passing second, my palms are sweaty and I feel like I might throw up. There's a quick knock on my door and my friends burst through my door. They were all smiling like idiots and there was an awkward silence until my closest friend Chase spoke, " You ready for this dude?" I simply stared at him. "Does it look like I am ready?"
There was a loud knock on the main entance to the palace. It resounded all the through the palace echoing an bouncing off every wall. I winced and began hyperventalating. My friend Jake slapped me on the back and my breathing returned to normal. He then said the one thing he shouldn't have, "Look, I've never seen this girl so I don't know what she looks like so I can't exactly say she's the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen, but if she's as hot as your making it out to be then you better watch your back because I just might steal her from you." I glared at him while he just shrugged. Jake was known to be the biggest playboy possibly ever!
I heard the clatter of heels along the marble floor quickly approaching my room. The door was thrown open and my older sister ran in takling me to the ground. She stared right into my eyes before saying, "Damn you. SHE'S FUCKING GORGEOUS!!!" I laughed at her. "You think I didn't already know that?" My sister jumped up and pulled me up. She started running and dragging me along with her. My friends followed closely behind us running to keep up with the pace my sister was setting. She stopped at the top of the long staircase that led to the main hall. She fixed my shirt and hair before heading down before me. My friends all gave me pats on the back before following her. I took a deep breath as I watched all of them descend down the stairs. I swear my heart must have been beating as fast as a hummingbird's wings.
I took another breath as they called my name. Descending the staircase I could only think of one thing, and that was, "I'm whipped."
I reached the bottom of the stairs and acted like I was fully composed. I looked her dead in the eyes and bowed, "I am Darren Trivoly, Prince of the werewolves and heir to the throne. It is a pleasure to make your acquantance." She curtsied and simply said, "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am Whisper Evens."
My heart raced. She was even more beautiful than I remembered. I had a flash back to the first time that I saw her. She was at a party in honor of the elite of the world. In other words, werewolf and vampire royalty. She was wearing a light blue dress that swooped low in the back and revealed all of her back. It also was cut down in the middle of the front down to her belly button. Below her waist the dress poofed out slightly. The dress showed off all her curves and her dark brown hair was pulled back into a messy bun.
I was snapped out of my memory all to soon when I heard the bang of a door. My mother and my father walked in with about 5 gaurds. My mother froze and stared at Whisper, her eyes looking at her unapprovingly. I looked at her expectantly praying she wouldn't say anything out of line. My father just smiled at Whisper through the whole awkward moment. Finally my mother spoke, "Honestly, Darren. I don't see what so great about this girl she looks so plain. You could have any werewolf girl you want and yet you choose a pitiful human. Look even her mask is plain. A plain pink mask. I have never even seen a pink mask before."
Before I could even open my mouth Whisper relplied in a monotone voice, "If you do not like my mask I can always change it. I am a chosen after all."
At this my mother raised her perfectly arched golden eybrows, "A chosen? How interesting." I do believe you will be a fun play toy for my games."
Whisper bowed to my mother, "I can only hope to please you your majesty."
My mother laughed before latching onto Whispers arm, "Darren, I will be showing Whisper to her room. Make sure you come and retrieve us when dinner is prepared."
Once again before I could respond Whisper spoke, "Your Majesty, duck!"
Whisper flung her small body over my mother as a large crash erupted through the room like a volcano. Two rather large men landed in front of the marble staircase. One with a silver mask the other with a gold. The one with the silver mask opened his mouth and Whisper screamed, "Cover your ears!" Everyone but the gaurds did so as they were charging towards the mysterious strangers. All of the sudden a high pitched song rang out through the palace all of the gaurds instantly fell to the floor passed out. When the sound stopped we uncovered our ears only to see the man with the gold mask charging at Whisper. She easily flipped him over her. She charged at him and was about to throw a punch when he suddenly disappeared only to reappear right behind her. A mask of teleportaion. He elebowed Whisper in the back and she was sent flying through the air and into a wall. I was about to run and help when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked behind me to see my father saking his head, "This is Whisper's battle."
I knew he was right but I didn't want to just stand by. There was no time to think because the battle seemed to be ending.
Whisper shouted harshly to the man in the gold mask, "Why are you here?! Archer!"
So she knew this man. Archer responded to her very clearly and in a booming voice, "You know why I am here. Nix wants you to reconsider his offer. He believes you could be a very valuable addition to Orginization I."
Whisper stood silently as if she was recalling a past memory. She shook her head slightly, "I gave him my response. I will never join you and I will never marry him!!
Who was this man who supposedly wanted to marry Whisper! My Whisper!
The silver masked man stepped up and spoke for the first time, "You will regret this Whisper. Nix will do whatever he can to get you."
Whisper responded in a simple answer, "We'll see, Asher."
With that the two of them disappeared leaving the foryer destroyed and Whisper standing in a crater of dust and glass.
My mother was the forst to speak, "I knew this would be fun."
♠ ♠ ♠
woooowww been like 2 months since I updated this hahah sorry!!!