‹ Prequel: Breathe
Status: Coming soon!

All She Knows

University of Anaheim

-Fast forward to graduation day-

J.B:
Today was my graduation from high school. The last 4 years have been rough. My friends hooking up without me knowing, then them breaking up because of abuse, but now we are all graduating as 'the three musketeers'. Ian was going to Boston University on scholarship to play hockey for them, I was so happy for him, he really buckled down after the steroid incident a few years ago and was determined to get a scholarship somewhere. Vanessa wasn't sure where she was going, she was thinking of maybe somewhere in California, but wasn't too sure. I automatically thinking University of North Dakota, because my dad went there and so did my uncle.

I recently found out that I might go straight into the NHL when I get drafted and not even play any juniors or college hockey, which doesn't happen often. I really hope the number one pick goes to Chicago, I could play with my dad and uncle, that would be awesome. I just don't want to leave Vanessa, we have been together the last 3 years and I would hate to even try long distance. It would break her heart to try long distance, especially if I am in the NHL she would be worrying constantly if I am okay and hoping I don't get hurt. After the ceremony I am going to have to talk to her about the upcoming draft and that I want her to come to the draft with me and we can see what happens from there.
----

The ceremony is over and my mom found Ian,Vanessa, and I then pulled out her camera. She took about 1 million pictures. That is just her being a mother I guess. My dad congratulated all three of us and then I took Vanessa aside to talk. "J.B what is it?" "Look, as you know I want to play college hockey, like my dad and uncle." "Yeah, I know." "Well, this summer is the draft, and I was wondering if you would come with me." She wrapped her arms around my neck in a hug and shrieked. "Of course! I would love to come!" She gave me a kiss and wouldn't stop smiling. "We also need to figure out what schools we are going to, I mean what if I go straight into the NHL, I don't know who has the first pick yet so we don't know what city.
I mean you can't choose one school thinking I will be drafted there and then change the day before orientation." "True. Well, we will figure it out, but don't worry about all that know. It is months away, we just graduated high school!" "Yeah you are right. Now let's go find Ian."

----
(Draft day)

J.B:
I am so nervous, Anaheim is about to select the number one pick. No one knows who will go first, it could be anyone really. I started to shake I was so nervous, but Vanessa held my hand and I calmed down. "With the first selection in the 2015 NHL entry draft, we would like to select from Shattuck Saint Mary's, J.B Toews." Everyone cheered. I stood up and gave Vanessa a hug and kiss, then hugged the rest of my family. I walked down to the stage and took my pictures. I did it, I made it to the NHL, well I am halfway there, I need to make the team now. I did some interviews and took more pictures then I finally was reunited with my family. "Hey guys!" I hugged everyone once more then I took Vanessa aside. "I talked to the coach and he said that I have a good chance of making the team this year, so I don't know if that matters now." "Well, since you told me that and now I know who drafted you I have good news and bad news."

"Good news first." "I know where I am going to college." "That's great! But, what's the bad news?" "I don't think I have the appropriate clothing for where I am going to school." "Okay? I am confused." "Oh I forgot there is also really good news." "What is it?" "University of Anaheim." "What?" "You heard me." My face lit up. I picked Vanessa up and spun her around then kissed her. "Are you serious?" "Yup, we don't have to attempt a long distance relationship." "Thank god!" I gave her another kiss, then we went back to join the rest of my family. I am really excited about going to Anaheim for training camp. I need to focus and work hard to reach my goal of making the Anaheim Ducks roster this upcoming season.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's over. :( But check out the sequel 'Just In Love,' I hope you aren't done with J.B and Vanessa yet cause I'm not. Any last comments on this story before the new one starts? Please let me know about anything that I could maybe fix or change once I start this new story. Thanks!