Status: Currently Working On, Slow Updates, Soon To End

Love Is An Art

Bruised, Scarred and the Scare of a Lifetime Part 1

Nothing says camping like 3 days in the state park. If it’s one thing I hate, its dirt. You see, bugs, dirt and I don’t mix. We had to wake up at 3:30 this morning in order to get on the luxury coach busses. Since our graduating class is relatively small, we only needed 3 busses, opposed to the class ahead of us who needed 7 last year.
After Liz and I stuffed our bags under the bus along with the other duffel bags, we got onboard the bus. People from our first period class were scattered all around the place, leaving the last two seats together at the back of the bus in front of someone with a jacket over there head, trying to get some extra sleep in.
When everyone was finally on the bus, the teacher in charge, a muscular man with a pencil thin pedophile like mustache stood at the front of the bus and quieted us down.
“Hello everyone; for those of you who do not know me I am Mr. Jones, the wrestling coach.” That was really unsettling by the way, poor guys being raped by Mr. Pervo over there. “On this trip, you will all be known as ‘Hiking Group A’ and I will be responsible for you. Are there any questions?” he asked looking around at everyone, daring for one of us to actually have the balls to ask him any questions.
“Good, since there are no questions, I will now call role by last name. Anderson?”
“Here” The small boy, Jason Anderson, raised his shaky pail hand like he didn’t want anyone to know that he was actually on the bus. Mr. Pervo continued down the list in order.
“Brand?” He yelled out. No one answered.
“Brand?!” There was still no answer.
“Casey Brand?!” Mr. Pervo called out again.
“He’s asleep.” Someone said behind us.
“Well, wake him up.” Mr. Pervo called back. There was a snort coming from the seat behind me as the person who originally had the jacket over his head stirred awake and sat up.
“Casey Brand?” Mr. Pervo called out again.
“Here” He said lazily trying to wake up completely.
“Branson?” Liz barely raised her hand. Mr. Pervo gave her a look.
“Young Lady, under my watch half hand raising will not be accepted.”
“Sorry sir, I’m here.” She said nice and loud. Mr. Pervo looked away and continued down his list. Casey leaned over the seat and looked at Liz, not seeing me (I pulled my hood on and looked away, trying to go unseen.
“Hey Lizzie, where’s Jude? I thought she would be sitting next to you.” He said, still sounding sleepy.
“She’s on another bus.” Liz lied. Thanks Liz, I owe you one for this!
“Oh.” Casey said sitting back down in his chair, believing the lie, until Mr. Pervo called out my last name.
“Hayes?” He said looking around the bus.
“H-here.” I said in a shaky voice. I heard Casey move behind me and lean forward.
“We need to talk.” He whispered in my ear. I could feel his cool breath on my ear. It smelled like mints from his tooth paste and the gum he was chewing. I shivered as he moved back into his seat. Liz gave me this ‘Seriously’ look and all I could do is shrug. After all of my thinking, I could at least talk to him. I want to just be sure, plus I missed him. I missed Casey so much it still hurts a little.
I looked at my left arm. The words I carved in them had scabbed over, but I insist on wearing the bandages still, so I don’t have to look at my shame. Before the end of the semester it should heal though, so mom won’t have to see it.

Hours passed by, and we were still stuck on this bus. Since the bus had a bathroom on it, we didn’t have to stop at all, which was slight hell because my legs are starting to fall asleep.
“Everyone listen up!” Mr. Pervo said getting us quiet again. “Since one of the male students decided to be funny and take a crap in the bathroom on bus 2 we have decided to stop at a truck stop and clean it out. The truck stop is 5 minutes away, so if you have to go, hold it. Everyone will be allowed to leave the bus and stretch for a while until we get the mess cleaned.” Mr. Pervo sat back down in his seat at the front of the bus.
“Ugh finally, my legs feel like jelly.” I groaned. Liz had her nose in a book, so she wasn’t paying much attention to me. “Hey Liz, were you paying attention to me?” I asked her.
“Yeah.” She replied.
“Then what did I just say?” I raised an eyebrow up at her.
“You said you wanted legs made of jelly.” She said slowly.
“No I didn’t. See, you weren’t paying attention.” I huffed. There was a light chuckle coming from behind us. Casey slipped a note to me on the side of the window.
“Read it please.” He whispered when I took it. I unfolded the notebook paper and read in Casey’s handwriting:
‘Please forgive me. I won’t betray you ever again.’
I folded the paper and shoved it in my jacket pocket and leaned against the window, allowing my mind to wander. Thinking about my current situation with Casey, our future, my Dad seeing us happy and walking me down a church isle; me wearing a beautiful white dress, Casey at the other end in an ivory tux and Liz standing there waiting as my brides maid in an azure blue gown. I finally make it up to them and the priest turns around to greet us. I look up at him and it’s Mr. Pervo!
“Miss. Hayes, get up!” he yelled up at me. I jerked awake and almost hit my head on the window. I looked around, the bus was basically empty. Liz was looking at me along with Mr. Pervo. I sat up and looked back at them.
“I’m up. Let’s go.” I said standing up. Liz and I got off the bus and walked around the truck stop for a second. Casey was standing in a corner by himself. He looked up at me and gave a sweet smile and a small wave. I looked away from him and walked into the store.
“You’re going to have to start being honest with yourself Jude.” Lizzie said behind me.
“What are you talking about?” I asked picking up three cans of Monster Energy Drink.
“You still like him, go talk to him.” She grabbed two bottles of water and we made our way to the snack section.
“I’m not interested.” Bag of mini doughnuts.
“Yes you are.” Raisins.
“I don’t want to talk to him.” Hubba Bubba gum.
“Yes you do!” Sugar free Trident.
“Fine, if I go talk to him will you get off my back?” I asked her making my way to the counter.
“Yes, yes I will.” $8.50.
“Fine, I’ll go talk to him.” $12.85. I handed my money to the Asian woman standing behind the counter and she handed me my bag. I walked outside and saw Casey still standing outside the door of the store. He looked at everything but me, his hands, the ground, these kids that were playing ninja* in front of the buses. I stood directly in front of him, he jumped a little, and then a smile appeared on his face.
“OK.” I said gripping the bag in my hand. “I’m sorry for over reacting to this small little situation. As long as you promise to never do it again, I’ll take you back, if you’ll forgive me.” I looked up in his eyes and he wrapped his arms around me.
“I swear to you that I’ll never do anything to hurt you like that again.” He said holding onto me tighter and tighter. Despite his basically crushing my ribcage, I missed holding onto him. I missed this closeness so much that when Casey finally let me go, I felt really lonely. I had finally gotten what I wanted back, and now he’s gone. I grabbed for his waist and leaned into him. He wrapped his arm around me and started to pet my hair. This was fine for now, all that I wanted.
“Hey Jude, I was wondering… Can I sit next to you on the bus?” He asked sounding a little worried that I might say no.
“Yeah, I would love that. Lizzie will be fine sitting next to that kid you were sitting next to. Who were you sitting with anyway?” I asked looking up at him.
“That green haired kid. What’s his name? Ray or something I don’t really know. We were playing cards the entire time.”
“I have a feeling that they won’t mind” I laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's part one of the last few chapters. I hate this chapter and I'm beginning to hate this story because it obviously sucks. So I'm rushing along the ending.