I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Twelve

It had been two days since the meeting at Zacky’s as I drove down the driveway to a big sandy-colored house. If I wouldn’t see Matt and Zacky’s cars I would have thought I was wrong. I saw also Icky but stayed away since the biting accident.
“Where’s the short shit? First he ordered us here and then he doesn’t show up,” Matt asked.
“I’m just as wise as you, guys,” I said and sat down on Matt’s hoop. He stormed towards me and put me down.

“Don’t you ever sit ON my car again!” he glared at me and I simply nodded. We waited five more minutes until Syn’s car arrived and he, his wife and Papa Gates got out.
“What’s this all about?” Papa asked. Good question smart one, I thought.

“Don’t know,” we all said and shrugged our shoulders. I had pulled out my sticks and played on a big stone which laid on the way. We waited another 5 minutes until Johnny’s car arrived. He and Adam and an elder woman got out. With a big grin on his face he came towards us.

“I see every one’s here. So let’s go inside,” he said. I rose and dusted myself down. “Oh and mom, that’s Kay. Kay, my mom,” he said as he passed me. I waved at her and she smiled shyly.
Johnny whipped out some keys and opened the door. We all changed a confused glare before we followed him. When we all stood in the doorway he shouted “Welcome to Johnny’s castle.”

“Should I buy a watermelon?” Papa Gates and all women laughed while the guys didn’t understand anything.
“Wait! You’re going to buy this house?” Syn tried to get it on the line.
“Actually I have signed the papers a hour ago. I’ll show you around,” he said eagerly.
“You bought this house?” his mother and I said in union.
“Yup, I’m a house owner now.” He walked around and the others followed him.

“Fuck you, Johnny!” I mumbled and didn’t move a feet. I had known it was a bad idea about making out with him! He could have said anything! I was about to leave the house but I really wanted to talk about it and besides my car was in the middle of the others so I couldn’t leave. I followed them and saw that they were standing in a big living room.
“Johnny, I need to talk to you for a minute,” I knew I didn’t sound very nice but it shouldn’t be a love talk.

“Sure … uhm … outside?” he asked uncertain. I just nodded and followed him as he stepped through a glass door into the garden.
“So what do you think? You like it?”
“If I like it? Actually I haven’t looked at it ‘cause I’m so fuckin’ pissed! Why didn’t you say anything? If I had known this I wouldn’t have slept with you!” I had lowered my voice for the last sentence. I didn’t know how much you could hear inside. “You hadn’t had to buy a fuckin’ house just ‘cause of that! And it had been really great if you have fuckin’ told me before signing a contract!” Don’t know which octave my voice had reached but it was pretty high.

“Would you listen a fuckin’ second for god’s sake?” He yelled at me and I closed my mouth. “I didn’t buy the house just for me. If you had just waited you would have seen, that there’s a room upstairs for you. Zacky had told me you would get a dog so I thought it would be better if we had more room. Be honest, the apartment is too small for the two of us, especially with dogs. Give it a chance.” He wasn’t yelling anymore. “Oh and by the way,” his voice was just a whisper now. “I don’t regret anything.” He winked and walked towards the building.
What the fuck was wrong with this guy? He’d bought a house for us? US? I hadn’t signed anything, I haven’t paid anything, THIS is not going to be my house.

He was fuckin’ crazy and apparently he didn’t know me well because he would’ve known that I wouldn’t do this. I went inside. I definitely needed a beer or a cigarette, but as dumbass didn’t already have moved in – well that would have topped everything! – I thought it would be easier to bum a cigarette. I walked inside and searched for the others. I found them inside and asked Michelle for one when Brian’s phone ringed.
“Hey L … No, we’re at … Sure, it’s … Johnny, what’s the address?” he asked and handed Johnny the phone so he could tell the caller where to find them.

“Leana’s coming,” Brian said and suddenly it was really silent in the crowded room.
“Did I miss something?” I asked.
“Leana was Jimmy’s … uhm they were in a relationship when he died. We don’t have that much contact anymore and she travels a lot, I think ‘cause it hurts her way too much to be around us,” Zacky said.
“Every couple times when she gets here she visits us and now I think she’s on her way over here,” Michelle added.

“Okay,” I said confused. That didn’t explain while the mood was down now. I took the cigarette from Michelle and bumped her lighter too and sat down on the outside.
I sat there in silent just heard the other upstairs some time until the door inside flung open and a feisty woman entered the house. “Who missed me?” she asked and I observed through the glass door when the group came downstairs and welcomed her. “So is Kay here? I would like to meet her finally.” I rose up, throw my cancer stick away and walked inside the house. Leana was really short, had long brown curly hair was wearing some short skirt, and curled knee highs, high heels, a blue T-shirt and some wristlets.

“So you’re the one,” she finally said and came towards me. Then she walked around me and surveyed me. “Think I like you and I’m really hungry so what about eating somewhere and we could get to know each other,” she asked and linked arms with me.
“Sounds good to me, I’m starving,” I said.
“We have to go, actually we were invited at Brent’s when Johnny’s call came,” Brian said and also Matt told us that he hadn’t had time for lunch. Johnny had some important things to do because of the house, but Zacky and Adam would join us.

Zacky drove us and as the house now belonged to Johnny I decided I could leave my car there. Leana was a hyper person and it rubbed off. We ended up at a little bistro at the pier and we had some small talk while waiting for our orders.
“I heard you already started your tour. Tell me some stories. Are the guys as crazy as I know them?” Leana asked and Zacky told her, he had never been crazy.
“Sure you were, honey and I bet you’re at the same level now,” she said and poked his cheek.

“Yeah it’s great. I love the fans and stuff like that…” I began but Zacky interrupted.
“Come on, Kay, we all know you’re little pissed.”
“Maybe that’s because there wasn’t some girls screaming you should go to hell and bring Jimmy back,” I said a bit too loud. And then I remembered with whom I sat on a table. “I’m sorry ‘bout that, I didn’t mean –“ I didn’t finish the sentence because there wasn’t anything I could say to make it better.

“It’s okay. I’m used to it,” she affirmed. “And I think I know the haters more than I would like to. My mail is full of hate mails and stuff like that people call me slut and something like that when they see me on the street.”
“How do you handle it?” I asked really interested.
“I try to ignore them. They don’t know a shit ‘bout me and they don’t know anything ‘bout Jimmy. Even if they think they do, they didn’t know him. What did they think I should do? Should I commit suicide just to make them happy? I’m the only one who can live this life and as long as I knew this it’s okay. Let them hate you as long as you have friends and family who supports you and as long as you’re pleased with yourself it’s okay.”

Then the waitress came and brought us our meal. I was deep in thought ‘bout what she had said. The woman and Adam and Zacky talked a bit while they ate. After finishing eating Zacky and Adam decided to leave and I didn’t mind to spend some time on my own with the brunette. We told Zacky we would get home safe and when he bent down to hug me he whispered “be careful, she’s really crazy” in my ear.
“So I really would appreciate a drink right now, what about you?” she asked and when I nodded she headed towards the bar. A few moments she came back with a tray on her hands. She put a shoot in front of me and handed me a can of energy.

“What’s that?” I asked and sniffed at the liquor in the short glass.
“Vodka,” she simply said. “To us,” she said before her glass touched mine and we both chugged-a-lug. I grimaced before taking a huge sip from the can. Leana told a lot from her life and I started to like her. She had a lot to deal with and she told me she wasn’t so much at home because everything remembered her of Jimmy. “I know he’s waiting for me but I also knew he wants me to enjoy my life. He was always one to see the best of all and I try to do the same … even if it’s hard sometimes,” she admitted before drank another vodka.

I also had some of the shots and it was getting late. “So can I tell you something?” I asked and she nodded.
“I really have to talk about it, but everyone I know here shouldn’t know ‘bout it. See a few days back I had slept with Johnny,” I began and she swallowed her drink up.
“Johnny?” she asked and I nodded. “Okay, go on.”
“Yeah, well it happened. We were both lonely and ... Okay I’ll come to the point. I thought we were good with it until today. He ordered us to the house we were at and then out of thin air he told me he bought this house. And then he told me he bought it for us and I’m definitely swamped with this. I mean what does he think?”

“Actually nobody knows what’s in his mind. But really, you’ve slept with Johnny?”
“Come on is that the only part that matters for you? And why you’re asking like it’s odd? He’s kind of cute and –“
“He’s just like a little brother, it’s kind of curious to hear about him as a lover boy,” she chuckled and I joined her. Well the alcohol took his part. “Is he good?” she asked and I coughed as I absorbed.
“I won’t tell you. A lady never tells,” I said and rubbed my eyes.

“Wow I had never expected he had something on the ball,” she said but this time I was ready for this and hadn’t had a drink near me.
“I said I wouldn’t talk about this,” I said again.
“But your answer said all. But you’re not in a relationship, or?”
“Hell, no! It was just one night and we’re friends, really good friends who had sex one night and hopefully never speak about it again. But it took me off guard as he bought this house and I don’t know if I did something wrong.”
“I think it’s just what he said. He’s always one who goes straight and if he has a problem with something be sure he would tell you. And now I’ll blow the cobwebs away!”

The rest of the night went by and we spent it at the bar. Actually we didn’t have to pay that much as there were pretty much guys who spent us some drinks.
“Hey cutie, could you call a cab?” I asked the bartender as I saw it was late and I knew I couldn’t handle another drink.
“Sure,” he said and dialed the number. “Just ten minutes,” he said and we nodded.
“Let’s wait outside, I want a fucking butt.” We headed outside the two guys in a tow and when I finished my fag the taxi arrived. I had always some in my bag if the lust for one overcame me.

“So where are we goin’ to go now?” one of the guys asked and Leana and I quickly exchanged a gaze.
“Thanks for the nice evening, guys but we’re goin’ home … alone,” she said and got into the car. I quickly followed her.
“I hope I’ll see you around before you leave,” I told her when she got out of the car.
“Bet you will! Tonight was a lot of fun,” she said. I told the driver where to go and he started driving again. I let some fresh air in hoped that I would sober. When we reached our aim I paid him and struggled with the door. So the driver got out of his car and opened the door for me.

“Thanks,” I said and tried to walk a steady line.
“I’ll walk you to your door, Miss,” he said and I didn’t argue. The first door was unlocked – as always. I struggled upstairs and the driver held my arm to steady me. When I was sure I stood in front of the right door I tried to open it but it didn’t work. I knocked at the door with my fists and screamed: “Open the fuckin’ door, Johnny.”
I could hear Peanut bark from the inside and then the door opened and Johnny stood there just in boxers. “About time, fucker,” I said and tried to walk past him.

“Yeah really nice of you Johnny to wake up and open the door for me ‘cause I’m too drunken to do anything,” he said caustic. “And who’s that?” he asked and pointed towards the driver with his head.
“Just the driver, I thought it would be safer to bring her to her door as she seemed a bit – ,“ he tried to find some nicely circumlocution.

“Wasted,” helped Johnny out and he just nodded. “Thanks, I’ll take care of her,” he said and the driver disappeared. “So why you had to kill the whole bar?” he asked me after closing the door.
“I just had a nice evening,” I said and kicked my shoes of. “And I’m not too drunk just a bit tipsy,” I said but he just snorted.
“Whatever, I’ll be in my bed again,” he mumbled before he disappeared in his room. Think we have to talk in the morning. If he likes to live on his own in a huge house then he should. I wouldn’t stand in his way!

-x-

“Oh my gosh, where does all this come from?” I asked while carrying a box. “The apartment is tiny, where did you hide it?”
“Under you bed,” answered Johnny who walked beside me with another box in his hand. We were here since three hours and his furniture was already inside just the last boxes were missing. The guys were all here to help and as I said I wouldn’t stand in his way, so I helped him too. The only things in the apartment were my bed, the Screen and the kitchen. Every other thing Johnny had taken with him.

“Finally,” I heard Brian saying as he dropped the last box.
“Well…,” I began and he looked at me. “You love me, right?”
“I don’t think so,” he said and rolled his eyes. “What do you need?”
“My new furniture is still at the store and well I need someone who brings it into my apartment.”
“Why don’t you ask Matt, he’s your man,” he said and tried to pout. That won’t wash with me!
“See Matt alone won’t get the couch upstairs. And see, no muscles here,” I said and pointed at my upper arm.

“Oh come on, let’s get the truck to the store and grab her things, than we be home free and can get some beer and chill,” Zacky said and put an arm around my shoulder.
Another three hours we stood in my apartment and I admired my new couch which was way more comfortable than the old one and I also had a TV stand, table and a new wardrobe in my room, which was Johnny’s old one.

“Thanks a lot guys,” I said and would hug them if they wouldn’t be sweating so much. “So, what about we’ll join Johnny at his house and I’ll stop at the liqueur shop and grab something for my hardworking helper.”
They nodded and so I had to stop before I was back at Johnny’s mansion. Had he done anything by time we took care of my things? It didn’t seem so as the boxes stood where the boys left them.

“God, we should have stayed at Kay’s place her couch is way more comfy,” Brian complained as I entered the house.
“What took you so long?” Zacky asked and grabbed a bottle from my loaded arms.
“I took a shower,” I said and wondered why he didn’t noticed. My hair was wet but maybe that’s one of the things guys don’t recognize. The little dog run towards me and slithered on the slicker ground. I gave Zacky the other bottles and kneeled down and lifted the pet.
“Aw, I’ll miss you, little one,” I said and pressed the dog against me.

“Heard that, Johnny?” Brian said and elbowed the addressed. I just rolled my eyes and went outside. Don’t know why but I thought I loved this place the most. I let Peanut down as he convolved in my arms and watched him running through the high grass. I walked inside and saw only Matt sitting on the couch.
“Where’s everyone?” I asked him.
“Johnny decided this is the right time to paint his walls,” he shrugged.

“What?” I asked and walked upstairs to the room where I heard some voices. “Are you insane?” I asked and starred at Johnny who had a brush in his hands. He stood on a ladder and didn’t seem sober. Zacky and Brian just sat on the ground and watched him as he started to spread red paint on the wall.
It’s the wall where his bed stood. Why didn’t he just paint it before? I mean we couldn’t move the waterbed anymore. And the floor wasn’t covered. “Give me that,” I said and grabbed the brush from his hands. “You idiot, what do you think how long it will last to paint the whole wall? You need a paint roller!” I thought when I told him my other reasons why this is a bad idea he wouldn’t listen. “And why red?” I asked confused.

“The color turns you on,” Syn said and when I looked at him he did some sexual moves. “Does it effect you?”
“Sure! Especially your stupid moves. It’s getting hot in here,” I said bored.
“You made fun of me?” Suddenly Syn stood next to me and took the brush from my hands just to put it right in my face. He run away and hid behind Zacky who laughed his ass off. He thought he was safe ‘cause he had the brush. I walked towards the bucket and dunked my hand in it so it was red.

I walked towards the two of them and then Brian realized what I had done but he was trapped. It didn’t take long for me to catch his face. A war started with me inside of it until we saw Matt in the doorway his dimple smile on his face and his mobile in his hands. Without looking at each other we walked towards him and his smile disappeared. Oh yeah, he wouldn’t be the only one without paint in his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, no comments for me?? :(
Next chapter will be on a week earlier ;)