I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Fourteen

Tomorrow we’ll be heading towards Las Vegas. Actually I should be in Huntington where the other girls were but we couldn’t cancel the show tonight, so I will be the driver for the guys. It’s nice to be the only woman in a band! But I had to concentrate on the show in five minutes.

“You ready?” JB asked and I just shrugged. Didn’t know why, but I had a damn bad feeling. Maybe it was just stage fright. I entered the stage but then I stood in front of my drums. Someone had forgotten to put the damn stepladder in front of the little stage so I couldn’t go to my drums. I saw JB running towards me and he mumbled something while he lifted me up so I could take a seat right behind my drums.

I rolled my eyes and tried to focus on the crowd in front of me. I saw Matt and he gave me a sign. We started playing our first song. The guys were completely in their element but I had some difficulties. My speaker went out for some seconds and I had to play without hearing the others right. When we finished the song I told one of the roadies about it. The next song on the list was ‘Scream’ and right when we started there was a bright red light on my right and then I felt the pain.

I stumbled a bit backwards and saw the fire in front of me. I heard screams everywhere and I didn’t know where to go. Then I saw someone with fire drencher in his hands and I could make JB out. It was fuckin’ hot in here and my arm hurt like hell! I had to cough and took some breaths of the heavy air.

“Just jump, I’ll catch you,” JB said and I trusted him. So I jumped of the hot plate and when he caught me I screamed in pain. “Can you walk yourself?” he asked and I nodded. He let me down and led me backstage. The burnt smell was still in my nose and it took me some time to realize that I was the one who smelled burnt. My shirt was burnt on one side and I supposed my hair did also get burnt.

“Are you hurt?” Matt asked and watched me carefully. “Damn, where are the fuckin’ paramedics,” he screamed as soon as he saw my arm.
“That bad?” I asked and didn’t want to look there.
“Pretty. I didn’t realized what happened until I took a look to see why I couldn’t hear your drumming anymore,” he said as JB had left my side to search for the paramedics.

“Can’t believe this happened,” I heard someone yell and was pretty sure it was Zacky.
“You okay, Kay?” Brian asked as he stood in front of me. But then he looked at my arm and mugged as he saw my arm.
“Great, fuckin’ great,” I said between coughs and noticed the tears which were about falling down my face. Gosh, I really hate crying and I don’t know why I should cry right now. Okay, well first my arm hurt like hell and seemed to be bad, second my drums are probably damaged from what I saw, third my hair was probably charred and… well, that’s something.
“That way,” I heard JB saying and he guided the paramedics towards me. “Somebody grab a chair,” one of them said before he turned towards me. “Hi, I’m Nick. So…,” he began but I couldn’t hear him anymore as I had to cough again. My breath rattled when I tried to get some air. Soon he just pulled a mask above my head. Let me tell you this, we had to cancel the show and the paramedics got me into hospital to check if my lungs were okay. I had a bandage over my shoulder and arm, because of the burns. Zacky was with me and I knew the guys forced him to accompany me so the owner of the hall was still alive. He was so damn pissed and I was scared he would hit someone.

“Seems like I need to see a hairstylist,” I tried to lighten the mood.
“Jesus, Kim, your shoulder is burnt and you’re only thinking ‘bout your hair?” he asked pissed.
“I’m not. Actually I’m thinkin’ ‘bout my fuckin’ drums, but then I would start to cry and you know I hate that, so I try to think ‘bout other things like a fuckin’ new dress I need,” I said.
“Sorry, it’s just… You know the wedding is in two days and I’m nervous ‘bout it. Lot in my mind these days and now I have to worry ‘bout you. I mean how could this happen? How could this fuckin’ happen? It could have been worse than that,” he rambled and I stopped him with hugging him awkwardly.

“Let’s grab my pain killers and then let’s call the others so they can pick us up. And I hope you don’t get cold feet,” I joked and walked towards the drugstore.
We waited outside until we got a cab that would bring us to the guys. The bus was conspicuous and the guys stood outside of it.
“You okay?” “What did the doctors say?” they greeted me.

“Calm down boys,” I said and raised my hands but regretted it immediately. “Outch,” I said. I saw their worried expressions. “I'll take some painkillers and then everything will be alright,” I promised them. “Let’s go to the bus we need to arrive at Las Vegas soon, there’s a lot on my time scale.” I climbed the stairs and headed towards the bathroom. I took my hair brush and saw that it was necessary to see a hair stylist. I hope I would get an appointment.

“Heard anything ‘bout my drums?” I asked as I walked towards the others to the sitting area. Matt thought the floor was very interesting, Brian looked into my eyes with a sad expression, Zacky typed on his mobile and Johnny had the same expression as Brian.
“Nobody got the balls to tell me my drums are gone?” I asked and sat down beside Johnny who laid a hand on my thigh. “What now? New drums? But our next show is in six days,” I said.

“You think you can play in six days?” Brian asked and I nodded. “Sure… if I have drums,” I added.
“That won’t be a problem. We can bring some up here.” Our plan was that the bus would stay at Vegas, tonight we’ll sleep in a hotel and tomorrow night I’ll drive the guys back home to Huntington for Zacky’s wedding. Four days after that the tour will go on.
“I’m tired,” I yawned and laid back but then I hit my shoulder and flinched. “How long do we need to get to Vegas?” I asked.

“You have some hours,” Johnny said and I shifted my body so I didn’t touch the couch with my injured places. I placed my head on Johnny’s leg and tried to get some sleep. “Gosh, I can’t sleep with this reek in my nose,” I said and sniffed at my hair. I got up and walked upstairs to get some of my clothes and my shampoo.
“You shouldn’t shower,” Zacky said. “The doctor said no water on the wound.”
“But I need to wash my hair! Got another idea, smart one?” I asked challenging.
“Get your bikini on,” he said.

“’Cause I got it on tour,” I said an eyebrow rose. “Then your underwear,” he said and rose.
“What?” I asked bewildered.
“Do it,” he said and sounded like he didn’t accept a no.
“Yes, sir,” I said and saluted. I flinched because of the pain.
“See, that happens when you make fun of me,” he said and walked towards the bathroom.
“What are you doin’?” I asked.

“Wash your hair, so get off your shirt and bend forward. Gosh, that’s fuckin’ tight in here,” he said. “I need more space,” he opened the door and I pulled of the shirt someone had given me in the hospital.
“What are you doin’ here? Sounded a bit…,” Johnny who stood in front of the door said.
“Argh, stop touching my arm, dumbass,” I said after Zacky had touched it for the third time with his elbow.

“Stop complaining,” He just said and spread the shampoo on my hair.
We had to clean the bathroom after that but at least my hair didn’t smell so bad anymore. “Give me some space,” I said when I walked back with a towel around my head. Brian moved over and I lay down beside him.

-x-

“Listen honey, I can’t let you inside. I’m responsible for the girls inside and I can’t risk a cat fight,” the bouncer said. I was standing in front of the Sapphire club in Las Vegas and debated with the big man in front of me.
“See, I just need to go inside to get some of my friends, so I can drive them home.”
“Nice try, Barbie,” he said. I got my phone out of my bag and dialed Matt’s number. I hope he would hear me. I took ages until he answered my call.
“What’ssss up, Kaaay?” I heard him slur.

“Matt, can you get the boys? We need to head home if we want to drop the groom timely.”
“Where arrre youuu?”
“Outside of the club you told me earlier,” I answered and two seconds later the door opened and Matt came outside with his phone still on his ear.
“What happened to your hair?” he asked into the phone.

I disconnected. “I’m right in front of you, you don’t need to talk to your phone anymore, Shadz. Would you please grab the guys so I can drive you home? I’m not allowed to enter the club since I’m a chick,” I told him.
“See, this is one of the coolest chicks I’ve ever meet. I promise you she won’t start a fight and I’ll pay for her,” he said towards the big guy in front of me.

“Get in, Barbie,” he said and opened the door for me. It didn’t took us long to find the guys. There were more girls than guys and I couldn’t make any of them out as I only saw barely dressed asses in front of me. But as soon as I stepped closer I could make Johnny out as he shoved the girl in front of him away and looked guilty at me.
“Kaaaay, you’re here,” I heard Brian say. Some of the girls shoot me evil glances. “You fell into the paint pot?”
“Charming as always, Brian,” I began but he stopped me to tell me today he was only known as Synyster Gates.

“Right, Synyster Gates, get your cronies and I’ll drive you home.”
“Just sit down, Kay and relax,” Matt said and pulled me down on one seat. “We need to introduce you to some friends. This is Benji and his brother Joel,” he said and pointed at two members from Good Charlotte. I greeted them, but they seemed a bit distracted by the woman in front of them.

“Okay, guys I had a hell of a day and I know better ways than to spend it in some strip club, especially when I’m sober. If I would trust you I would say I’ll grab some coffee outside and wait for you, but I knew you so I would be waiting all day and this is the point where this guy here,” I poked into Zacky’s chest, “will miss his own wedding and I have to explain this to Gena. So finish, what you’re doing here and let’s head home.” I said and leaned back and closed my eyes.

Actually it didn’t take us as long as I expected. I had MB next to me and he pouted. “What’s the matter?” I asked him.
“You’ve ever been in a strip club and had to be sober while everybody else is wasted?” he asked in an annoyed voice.
“I’m right next to you and I’m a girl and get all those dirty looks from the strippers. So I guess you’re the second DD?”
“Yep, lost rock-paper-scissor,” said Matt and I chuckled.

“So come on, before you got killed,” the other Matt said and lifted me up. He slung an arm around my shoulder and I flinched. “Sorry, forgoooot ‘bout it. How’s the arrrm dooooin’?”
“It’s okay,” I said and walked outside with the guys in tow. All of our things were already stored. “I trust you to stay here for a bit on your own. Don’t do anything stupid and walk away or I’ll kill you, when I find you. I’ll be over at Starbucks and get some caffeine.” I said and looked at the men in front of me. “Gosh, I talk like a mother,” I said and shook my head while walking towards the store in front of us.

I had a huge coffee when I walked towards the big car. “What’s eating you today, Kay?” Brian asked.
“Well I haven’t slept more than five hours, I spent most of the day at a hairdressing salon, got some ugly extensions ‘cause half of my hair was burnt, then the stupid hairdresser had made my hair pink at first, I was waxed at places I even didn’t know you could wax them, I had to search over two hours for a new dress which covers my burnt arm and the matching shoes and yeah.. Think that’s it.” While I told them that I knew it wasn’t their fault I was in a bad mood. “I’m sorry guys, it’s not your fault. It wasn’t just one of my best days and I’m really tired.”

We got into the car. It was a huge Van so it was Johnny, who sat on the passenger seat, Brian, Matt, Zacky, Benji and JB. “Please don’t sit on my dress,” I begged. “Oh, but could you give me my hoodie? It’s in one of these bags,” I asked Benji who sat in the last row next to my outfit.
“Sure,” he said and after some time he handed it Brian who handed it to me. I tried to pull it on without making a face, but hell did my arm hurt when the fabric touched the skin.
“You also need the underwear?” I heard him say while I started the engine.
“No, but thanks for offering,” I said and left the parkade.

“I like your hair,” Johnny suddenly said.
“If you try to lift my moods, then thanks it helps,” I smirked. Well actually I did have my long blond hair – as I had said with some extensions – and the tips were pink and purple. I wasn’t so fond of the idea but actually it did look good. Unfamiliar but not that bad.
“Well Kim did I actually told you, that I loooove you?” I heard Zacky from the back.
“Hey, I loooove her, too,” Matt pouted.

“Me, too,” JB slurred sleepy from the back and I giggled.
“But I love her more and remember I was the one who told you to let her in the band, so I was the first who loved her,” Johnny joined the conversation. I concentrated on the drive and took a sip from the coffee. This will be some interesting hours!
“I wish I had been with you guys and also got wasted then I wouldn’t be the one who you made fun of,” I chuckled.

“Next time we’ll take you along with us. Give me a call when you’re in LA and need someone to party with,” Benji said.
“Are you trying to get in our girl’s pants?” Zacky asked and in the rearview mirror I could see them eyeing each other.
“Actually I was in her pants just two minutes ago,” he retorted.
“Stop talking ‘bout my underwear and don’t touch them anymore I intended to wear them tomorrow,” I interrupted them.

“Sooo, did you enjoy your first visit in a strip club?” Johnny changed the subject.
“Well yeah, but tonight wasn’t my first visit,” I said and had a big grin on my face.
“What you’ve been in one before? You? A chick?”
“I won’t tell you about it,” was my answer. For the next hour they were busy to guess what I had been doing there. They came up with the idea that I was a dancer and tried to force to dance for them. But I just smiled and turned up the volume of the radio and hummed next to Stone Sour.

-x-

About five hours later we arrived at Johnny’s house. They would all stay here as Zacky wasn’t allowed at his house and… actually I didn’t know why they’re all staying there but there must have been a reason. We had to stop once on the drive so I could use the restroom and get some energy drinks. But they didn’t work too much and I was so tired.
“Come on Kay, you can’t drive home. Crash here, you have your dress here and everything, you get some time in the bath.”
“Matt you’re already –“ I tried to count the men around me but my brain wasn’t working that well so I ceased it soon, “too much to sleep here.”

“If you drive now you’ll end up sleeping on your steering wheel and I don’t want to think ‘bout what would happen then. We’ll spare some room with you,” Matt said and the others nodded.
“Yeah, you could sleep in the room upstairs and… someone has to share the bed in the guestroom,” Johnny said.
“I’m not gay, I won’t sleep with anyone of your butt's in a bed,” Brian said and JB nodded quickly. They started to discuss and I was so tired my eyes shut. They were right, I couldn’t drive anymore!

“Guys calm down. I’m tired I really need some sleep. If it’s okay for you I’ll sleep in Johnny’s bed so you don’t have to share.” Matt, Brian and Zacky were in a relationship, so I didn’t want to share with them, I even didn’t know Benji and his brother…. I had already spent some nights with Johnny in a bed, so I think this was the best solution. And I feel comfortable with him.
“Sure it’s okay for me,” the man in front of me said. I got into the car and grabbed the cloth bag, the bags with underwear and shoes and my cosmetic bag and walked towards the house.

“Hey JC,” I said before he disappeared into the kitchen. He stood still and looked at me. “I’ll borrow a shirt, okay?”
“Make yourself a home,” he said and I walked upstairs. I walked straight to Johnny’s bedroom and put my clothes on a chair. Quickly I searched for a big shirt and walked into the bathroom. After changing I opened the door again and walked right into the door frame – certainly with the bad side!

“Fuck!” I screamed out loud and hit the wood with my fist to forget the pain.
“Everything okay?” I heard one of the guys downstairs.
“Yeah, I’m fine,” I managed to say. “Night, guys.” And with those words I walked towards the big bed and managed to set my alarm in 4 hours and slept as soon as my head touched the pillow.

I heard my phone playing a random song and soon I reached under my pillow and shut it up. I blinked a few times before I could see my surrounding clear. My neck was really warm and soon I realized I was in somebody’s arms. I looked down and recognized the tattoos. I lifted Johnny’s arm and reluctantly walked away from the comforting warmth.

There was no sound in the house and so I decided to let them sleep until I finished showering. As my hair was done yesterday I decided I hadn’t had to wash it and showered quickly. I took a large towel and wrapped it around my body after getting on my underwear. I decided to wake Zacky first since he’s the groom. I thought he would sleep in the guest room so I sneaked in it.

“Are you awake, Zee?” I asked and peeked inside the room.
“Yeah,” he said and didn’t sound very sleepy. I opened the door and got in.
“You know it took Brian ages until he leaves the bath so I decided I wake you first until he blocks it. I doubt he would use the one downstairs, so get up. And Zacky, don’t worry it will be alright,” I said and left the room with a smile.

When I was on the last step downstairs I heard the door and knew it was safe to wake the others. After that I woke Johnny and shooed him out of the room so I could change. But that was harder than expected. So I did my make-up first, creamed my shoulder and arm and managed it to pin some of my hair. But when I slipped into the dress and tried to get the sipper up it wouldn’t move an inch. The dress was in a deep blue and was strapless on one side on the other it covered the bad sides of my arm. It would be perfect if I was able to close it! As the door to the bathroom was closed and I heard the shower in the other one I had to go to the kitchen.
“Need some help?” I heard JB say from the door.

“That would be really nice,” I answered gladly. “Could you hold this together?” I asked and put some dish soap on my fingertips.
“What you’re doin’,” he asked as he held my dress together.
“The fuckin’ sipper doesn’t move so I need some soap so I could… Gosh, we need someone who zips it, I can’t grab it. My hands are too slicky…”
“What are you doin’?” Johnny asked suspicious as he entered the kitchen.

“Heaven has sent you. Can you please help a little bit?” The three of us managed this situation. “Thank you so much, you’re my lifesaver!” I took a closer look at them. Both had already changed and they looked good in a suit. I mean, really good!
I walked upstairs and got my shoes and the next hour I spent on the couch next to Zacky and Johnny, my head on Johnny’s shoulder, my hand twisted with Zacky’s hand and we waited until everybody showed up. By time everybody showed up and his grip grew tighter. “It’s okay Zee, but if you grab tighter your need a new drummer as long as you don’t want me to drum with one hand.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this one came faster then expected. Next update will be next monday and this will be the last update of the year :D
So, I would really like to hear what you're thinking :)