I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Eighteen

„But I have to change first,“ I objected.

„You're dressed perfectly,“ he said and winked. I wore jeans and an old eroded Metallica Shirt, had my hair in a loose bun and wore chucks. „Believe me,“ he added after he had seen my confused glance.

“Okay, but I need to grab my card and my phone,” I turned around and he let my hand off so I could get my belongings. “I presume you won't tell me where we're goin'?” I asked as we walked towards the elevator.

“You're right, but I'm positive you'll like it!” He had this big smile on his face the whole time and I wondered what he had in his mind.

“And how do we get to this mystery place?” I tried to get something out of him.

“We'll get a cab,” he said and I knew he wouldn't tell me anything about the evening.

“I think we're home early as you didn't tell me to pick a jacket,” I suggested.

“Negative. But if you're freezing be sure I'll be your jacket,” he winked.

I was sure most of the people didn't know he could be this sweet. “You're no help!” I complained.

“I know,” he smirked. We got into a cab and Johnny told the driver an address I couldn't allocate. It was a short drive.

“A concert hall?” I asked confused as I saw the people getting into the hall.

“I hope you're not mad we're not in the first row but I got the tickets last-minute,” he said and I flipped him off.

“Stone Sour?” I squealed and the smile on his face grew bigger. I threw my arms around his neck and thanked him. “Come on,” I grabbed his arms and dragged him towards the entrance. He laughed loudly and when we stood in the row it was the first time we were recognized.

“Aren't you from Avenged Sevenfold?” a girl asked and we earned some glances from other people as well.

“Yeah,” Johnny said – still the smile on his face.

“Are the others also here?” the girl asked and looked around.

“Uhm no, they're with their women.” Johnny avoided the word wives. There were some rumors that Zacky was married now, but he didn't confess it. Just then I realized I couldn't be too close to Johnny or it would be too obvious that we're on a date. On the other side we were at a concert – you had to stay close. We should have talked about the dating thing sooner. But now it was too late and I hoped he wouldn't tell anything.

“Uh, can I take a picture with you?” she asked shyly and we told her to come over and both put an arm around her, so her friend could take a picture. “Thanks, that's so nice of you,” she said after pulling away.

“Our pleasure,” I said and smiled at her. We had passed the point where we had to show our tickets and were now in the front hall. We walked towards the hall and there were many people so we had to see the show from the end. “Didn't I tell you, you were dressed perfectly?” he whispered in my ear.

“I thought you were only crawling,” I admitted.

We didn't have to wait long until the supporting act entered the stage. In the middle of the second song they were playing I turned around and faced Johnny. I leaned forward and whispered in his ear: “I know we don't talk bad about other bands, but really they're so lousy,” I said and he laughed about my comment. I decided to use the time while the band was playing to talk with him.

“And you haven't told me yet, why we're at this concert. I mean you toured with Stone Sour, you saw them a few times.”

“But you haven't seen them and I knew you like them. And it's not the same to be backstage and stand in a crowd,” he answered. “Be careful,” he grabbed my waist and pulled me towards him. He nodded towards a guy next to me who jumped up and down like he was crazy. “He knows that this is a slow song, right?” I asked and watched his performance. There were some people around him who eyed him suspicious, but he wasn't unsettled by them. When the band stopped playing he finally stopped moving.

“Let's go over there,” I suggested and pulled Johnny with me. “Much better,” I said when we found a spot for us.

“Aren't you from Avenged Sevenfold?” A girl next to us asked and I cushioned a growl.

-x-

“Well, should we...?” I asked when we entered the hotel again but stopped as I saw someone waving through the glass wall next to me. I turned around and saw Syn. He was at a table with the others.

“Guess we should meet them,” Johnny said and we both sighed at the same time. We walked towards the hotel bar and sat down next to them.

“So, how was the date?” Brian asked and pointed out the last word which 'caused me to roll my eyes. It's not the fact that I dated Johnny, but that they needed to know every detail.

“Date?” JB asked confused. “Who did you date?” he asked me and everybody at the table sighed.

We all decided to ignore him. “Well I don't know how many pictures we had to make or how many things I needed to sign, but the band was just awesome.”

“And she wasn't the only one who thought that,” Johnny said between laughter.

“Gosh, I should have kicked him, he was so much of a stalker!” I said.

“What are you two talking about?” Michelle asked.

“There was this guy in the crowd and he totally freaked out when the first band hit the stage and started dancing, by the way they were lousy! And then we walked away and Stone Sour started playing and I really enjoyed the first songs, but then the lunatic up- and down-jumper was at my side again and almost hit my face with his elbow. I mean it was Stone Sour and.. don't know. His movement didn't fit the music either, but he thought it was just the band and him I think.”

“And his drugs,” Johnny added.

“Yeah Johnny had saved my life a few times,” I said and smiled at him. Brian made some gagging noises and Michelle and I hit each of his arms.

“Johnny was with you and your date?” JB asked.

“How stupid can you get? Johnny was her date!” Val said finally.

“Oh...wait you two dated?”

“I'm getting something to drink,” I said and rose. They told me they also wanted something and so I walked towards the bar.

“I'm sorry,” I heard someone next to me and turned around. Johnny stood next to me at the bar while I was waiting for the bartender.

“Why you're sorry?” I asked confused.

“For the evening, it wasn't,” he started but I interrupted him. “You don't have to be sorry for anything. I enjoyed it,” I smiled at him. “To be honest very much, but I think we have to be careful on our next date, so we're not interrupted by fans.”

“Next date?” he asked surprised.

“Well...” Now I was uncertain. “I thought... we would go out again, only if you'd like,” I finally said.

“I... oh fuck that,” he said and leaned forward. His lips touched mine for a short moment before he turned around and walked back. Guys, does anyone understand them?

Finally the bartender was there and I ordered for the whole group. “Should I bring it to your table?” he asked as he eyed the group I had left behind.

“If you got a tray for me I'll manage that,” I smiled at him.

“But don't drop anything,” he said and filled a tray for me. “And I want my tray back,” he yelled after me when I walked towards the table with the drinks in one hand.

“Someone had worked as a waitress,” Gena said.

“Yep and I hopefully never will again,” I said and walked away to bring back the tray. When I came back I sat down on Johnny's lap and took a sip from my nonalcoholic drink.

“Was it bad being a waitress?” Michelle asked.

“You don't get enough money for the work you do. And you have to smile all the time even if the disgusting people flirt with you and treat you like they owe you,” I said and Johnny put an arm around my waist at my last words. Guess he was kind of protective since we're dating. At this point my phone was vibrating and showed me I got a message from Lisa. I answered her that we would be arriving New York at one o'clock and I would text her where she should meet me. I didn't see her that much since we live so far away but since we were in New York for a day we had to take the chance. And she told me she had a surprise for me.

“Exited to see her tomorrow?” Johnny asked.

“Absolutely,” I said excited.

We sat there for over an hour until I decided to head to the bed and Johnny said he would bring me to my room. “Don't be too noisy as I'm the one who has the room next to you,” Brian yelled.

“Well take care of that,” I winked.

He brought me to my room. There was an awkward silence. “Well... thanks for the evening I really enjoyed it,” I said again and smiled at him.

“My pleasure,” he said and there was this smile I couldn't resist. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his. It wasn't a very passionate kiss it was... difficult to describe. It wasn't very heated and I think it was because nobody of us wanted to screw up because of taking it to fast – this time! It was just our touching lips and I put more force into it before I took a step back. “Good night,” I said and opened my door.

“Night, Nerd,” he cracked a smile and waited till I was into my room before he joined the others again.

I never believed in the whole 'butterflies in my stomach' thing but I couldn't deny that I was very happy at this time. And maybe this could become something real with Johnny.

-x-

We should be there in 15 Minutes... Can't wait 2 see u again I texted Lisa.

am waiting here for u 2 arrive I got the reply.

“Hurry up, she's already there, fuckers,” I yelled and got some laughs. I slipped into my shoes, grabbed my bag and walked towards the door. I sat down on the stairs and waited impatiently for arriving. “I'll be back at five,” I yelled before storming out of the bus. I heard a “have fun,” but ignored it and walked straight to the brunette at the corner of the street. She eyed the bus with big eyes and then she saw me walking towards her and she opened my arms and I squeezed her tight. “I missed... wait, what is that?” I asked and hint at the bulge I noticed at my belly.

“Surprise, I'm pregnant,” she said and I took a step backwards so I could eye her better. I saw the smile on her face and then I smiled back.

“How far are you?” I asked excited.

“Almost six months,” she said. “But how about getting into the city? We don't have that much time,” she suggested and I nodded.

It didn't take us long for reaching the shopping mall. “So, what do you need?” she asked.

“I need new bras since I can’t wear much of my own,” I answered. She asked how that came and I told her about the accident. So she dragged me towards the Victoria Secret shop and I swear it was one of the worst hours of my life! There was so much pink and … it's so fuckin' expensive as I didn't see the point in spending so much money for such simple things like a nightdress.

But I found some strapless bras with push up effect. Why not? I just took them and Lisa and I explored the other shops while she told me about her boyfriend, the pregnancy and what other events I had missed.

It was already four o'clock when we both noticed we were hungry. As we didn't had the time we decided to grab some things and make something by ourselves. As the bus hadn't a full assembled kitchen we decided to grab a waffle iron and the right ingredients.

“Why do you take so much?” she asked me as she saw the flour and sugar I had picked.

“When the guys smell the waffles you're happy if you get one of them,” I said and headed towards the register. We made it back and when we passed the security I asked them if they could get me a backstage pass for Lisa. She said she wanted to see the show from the crowd but no way she would get there with the baby in her belly!

Some of the smokers were outside. “Lisa these are Michelle, Brian, Zacky, JB and Johnny. Guys this is Lisa,” I introduced them. They said hello and I told her to get into the bus. “You want a tour or...,” I asked but couldn't finish my sentence.

“I'm starving,” she interrupted.

“Good, this way,” I said and walked towards the sitting lounge. “Oh here are the other ones. Gena, Val, Matt this is Lisa and the other way,” I said and dropped my bag on the table. “Move aside and let her sit,” I said and grabbed some things.

“You need some help?” Lisa offered but I denied. I took the ingredients and a bowl and mixed the ingredients. “Eggs,” I said and Lisa gave me the egg carton out of her bag.

“So how have your parents been? I haven't seen them since...”

“...you moved away,” I completed her sentence.

“I'm sorry, but there's no way I set a foot into this house again as long as your sister is there,” she made her point. At this time the others came inside and took a seat.

“And I won't blame you as I said before.”

“What happened?” Val asked. “If you don't mind telling.”

“You know her sister?” Lisa asked and I turned around to saw Val nodding. “Then you know the whole story,” she finished. I chuckled at Val's confused expression.

“See, Lisa had a boyfriend and we were seventeen and it was prom night,” I said while making the batter. “As you know my sister became prom queen and Lisa's boyfriend king and...”

“...let me say it didn't stick with the dance. And then my true friend here got wasted with me and we ended...”

“Stop it,” I interrupted and I was sure my head was red as a fire drencher.

“Are you blushing?” Johnny asked and Zacky begged Lisa to tell the story further.

“I promised her on the day after that that I wouldn’t tell anybody 'bout the evening,” she said.

“Right, you gave me your pinky!” I nodded.

“We want to know the dirty secret,” Brian said.

“Never in my whole life,” I mumbled.

“Good friend you are,” I said and looked at her before I filled the iron with the batter.

“Soooo you know the baby's gender?” Val changed the subject quickly.

“No, it should be a surprise,” she answered while I took care of the waffles. Johnny came to the counter and supported himself while he faced me. “You won't tell me?” he asked quietly.

“Nope,” I said and took out the first waffle. “Chocolate goo?” I asked Lisa.

“So much that I can't see any waffle anymore,” she said and I did what she asked. I brought her the plate. “You know what, honey? Maybe you don't know what gender the baby is, but I definitely do,” I said with a big grin.

“How do you know?” she asked and raised an eyebrow.

“I have my sources,” I said and walked back to get her a fork. Actually it was just an assumption, but I was quiet sure that she would give birth to a boy. They said if you eat a lot of sweets it would be a boy and if not it would be a girl – and it definitely had fit with Kelly.

“Are you a witch? That's kind of creepy.”

“Maybe,” I said. I walked back to the iron and got the second waffle. “What are you pouting about?” I asked Johnny. “You get the second one,” I said and handed him the plate.

“I would rather know what you did,” he said and leaned forward.

“But I won't tell you,” I said and leaned also forward so there were only few inches between us.
“Stop the love talk, I also want a waffle,” JB yelled and I rolled my eyes. “Then come and take one,” I said bugged.

“But you brought your friend also one, am I not your friend?” he pouted.

“Stop the pouting this doesn't work,” I said.

“Wait, are you two a thing?” my old friend asked and waved with the fork from Johnny to me.

“They're dating,” Zacky explained.

“You're dating someone and didn't even tell me?”

“Well I didn't have the time as you were the one talking,” I said and she snorted. So time flew by and it was safe to say that they came along great. Then it was time for preparing for the show and Gena promised me she would take care of Lisa.

I had taken my pain killers and this show was way better than the last. The guys stopped a few times at my instrument and asked me if everything was okay. But I didn't feel any pain and the adrenalin rushed through my veins when I felt the vibration coming from the drums.

I was so glad to get this good damn job – it was one of the best things that had happened to me! I was glad that I didn't have to serve other people anymore and I was so damn glad I met the people around me who had become part of my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
I decided to post a week earlier and I hope you're pleased. A special thanks to Amanda-Renee and Aurielle for the comments :D