I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Five

This stupid bastard! Are his fingers glued on the bell or why couldn’t he stop ringing? I rose up and walked dizzy to the door. I opened it and there stood an elder man.
“Hmm?” I just asked while he was staring at me.
“We’re here for the appointment,” he said.

“Sorry, but you woke me up. Could you please explain it to me?” Damn, my brain wasn’t on work now.
“The waterbed? On the name Seward?”
“Wait, I have to take a call.” I searched for my phone while the man stood there and waited impatiently.

“Motherfucker, did you ordered a waterbed and didn’t tell me? By the way, where are you?” I yelled at Johnny, when he answered the phone.
“Yes, I have. I have some things to do. Just let them in I’ll be home lately. I owe you something!” I hung up without saying goodbye.

“Yeah, this way,” I said to the man and opened the door to Johnny’s room. There was no bed anymore! What the fuck? Was I dead for a day? When did he remove his bed? Whatever! I told the man this was the room and he nodded. I left it and walked into the kitchen to brew some coffee. I took a look at the clock. It was eight. First: Why had they waked me up on such an uncivilized hour and second: Johnny was already on tour? What the hell had happened?
I took my cup and I actually wanted to see if the worker needed something but then I saw this cute boy walking into the apartment carrying a big packet. Fuck! And certainly I looked like a mess. So I changed direction and walked into the bathroom, brushing my messy hair and removed the last makeup.

I hadn’t any clothes in here so I had to walk into my room and change. Hopefully he wasn’t on the corridor seeing me walking by only in a big Vengeance shirt. Zacky had given me some and I really liked them. I told him, if he would make a special shirt for me I would wear it on tour.

But enough of that! I tried to creep unnoticed into my room, but for sure there stood this cute guy who smiled at me. I waved and closed the door behind me, so I could change my clothes. Suddenly I remembered the dog! The door was still open. With the new shirt still covered my head I opened the door, stepped into the corridor and yelled for Peanut. No little footsteps on the ground. Fuck! I took my keys and went through the open door. When I was outside I yelled again, but there was no sight of the little pet.

I walked down the street and hoped that it was the direction the little dog had run. The people who crossed my way just looked at me like I was insane. I mean I was screaming for a nut! Johnny would kill me if something happen to his littl’ thing. I had to chuckle, because of my thoughts. Certainly I meant his animal!

I heard a little noise from the bush next to me. I turned my head and saw brown fur between the green petals. “Peanut?” I asked and the whimper was getting louder. I stepped on the dooryard and kneeled down, to take the little puppy. “Oh, what’s there on your paw?” I asked as I saw that it was bleeding. Seemed like I had to walk to the veterinarian. I walked home with the pet on my arms.

“Uhm, how much time you need?” I asked the working men.
“Some time, it’ll take, Ma’am. We also need to fill it and …”

“Okay, I have to see the vet, so I’ll leave you my cell phone number, if you need anything.” I wrote it down and handed it the older man, before I left the house with the whining dog. I had to call Gena and asked her, where to find the doctor. I didn’t want to worry Johnny.

After two hours I was home again and the little dog had a bandage on his paw. He had stepped into a thorn. And damn, the “care giving” was expensive! The men hadn’t finished, they filled the bed with water when I took a look into Johnny’s room. I hadn’t thought about letting them alone in the apartment. Now it was too late.

I asked the men, if they would want a coffee also, but they refused. I sat down on the couch, took my nerdy glasses and put them on, so I could read my new book. It was one, my mom gave to me. “Pet Sematary” from Stephen King.

I heard a hawk from behind. “Ma’am, we’re ready.”
“Oh, thank you,” I said and was scared if I had to pay for their work. As if the old man could read my mind he told me it was already paid. I accompanied them to the door, gave the cutie a smile and closed the door. I went back and got into my book.

I started screaming, when there was a hand on my shoulder. I throw the book, it almost hit Peanut, who jumped up. I couldn’t stop screaming and looked shocked at the owner of the hand.
“You scared me to hell, you dirty bastard,” I said when I calmed down a little.

“Why you’re reading such books, if you can’t handle them?” He asked, but I ignored it.
“Your fuckin’ bed is in your room. Oh and I almost forgot, Peanut got injured, while he had left the apartment, ‘cause I was so taken by surprise ‘bout men in the apartment, that I forgot he could…” I stopped as I noticed he didn’t listen to me anymore. He was at Peanut’s side and looked at his bandage. “It’s nothing dramatic, he just tapped into a thorn and it cost me far too much for the doctor to remove it,” I said, when I was sure he would listen. With Peanut on his arms he looked for his new furniture.

“Sorry Peanut, nothing for you,” I heard him say and then a loud groan. I followed him and saw Johnny on his bed. “Hey, move aside,” I said, before I joined him. “I’m in heaven! I’m not leaving this place today,” I said.
“Okay, what ‘bout that, I’ll get some food, you put fresh linen on the bed and then we’ll watch a movie, littl’ nerd,” he suggested and I agreed.

Half an hour later, he had grabbed something from the Chinese shop down the street and I had made his bed and also cleaned up a bit. Peanut was adequately supplied so we laid down and zapped through the television. There was nothing so I told him I would grab a DVD. “I don’t watch a schmaltzy flick,” he yelled. I grabbed one of my favorite DVD’s and when the opening was shown I saw he was satisfied with my choice.

We watched ‘Inglorious Bastards’ and ate our food. I stopped the movie, so I could bring the dirty dishes outside. I knew they would lay here weeks. I opened a bottle of wine, took two glasses and came back.
One I pressed Johnny’s hand and kept the other. I lifted his arm and snuggled up to him. He fondled my arm.
“Need some share of kindness and affection, uh?” he asked.

“I’m a girl, I always need some,” I told him. True, true. When I was home I always had my little niece I could cuddle the whole day. Here I was alone.
Then there was this scene, where the Bastards took the scalps from the dead men and I jerked. “You’re quiet jumpy today.”

“Yeah, think, it’s not my day,” I said while he stroked my goose bump on my forearm. At this moment his cell phone started ringing and I jerked again. He laughed silently, but his stomach was shaking.
“Hey V, what’s up?” I heard him say. I couldn’t hear what Zacky said. “No, just having a bed warming party with my lady,” he said and I decided to join in.

“Put away your phone, Honey. I need you right here,” I said loud enough to hear and took the phone from his hand and pressed the red button. We laughed and a minute later the phone ringed again. I still had it in my hands so I answered it. “Who’s bothering?” I asked bugged.
“Is Zacky right?” Syn asked me.

“Don’t know what he said,” I told him in my bugged voice.
“You’re makin’ out with Johnny?” He empathized the last word.
“What business is it of yours? Good night, Syn,” I said and disconnected again. “Think they’ll have something to talk ‘bout.”
“Sure, they’ll do.”

I tried to watch the film again, but Brad Pitt couldn’t chain me anymore. “So you mind if I ask you something personal?” I raised my head and looked into his eyes.
“No, what do’ ya want to know?”
“Why you’re living alone. I mean you had this girlfriend…,” I said awkwardly.
“You want to know why Lacey and I had broken up? That’s nothing dramatic it didn’t fit anymore. She needed a steady man and I was always touring. She wanted a family and I wasn’t ready for that. That’s all. Happens all the time.”

“Hmmm,” I just said and rested my head again. I don’t know but I felt really comfortable. “Maybe that sounds selfish, no it sounds definitely selfish, but I’m glad you’re living here with me.”

“You selfish beast, but I’m also glad. Free cleaning woman, you know? Maybe I should buy you a uniform and a feather duster?” I hit him before I curled up like a cat, my arms around his tummy and he stroked my back. Maybe I wasn’t the only one who was lonely some time.
“You know, I don’t think I’m ever gonna leave this bed,” I said and yawned.

“You’re welcome for the night,” I heard him saying and watched the absolutely brilliant Austrian actor, while he tried to fool the bastards. It didn’t took me long to drop off.

The next morning began with the doorbell – once again. I moaned and turned around. “I’ll get it,” I heard a male voice. Wait, male voice? Oh yeah, this wasn’t my bed – this one was way more comfortable. So I rose up; I needed the bathroom. I walked on the floor, tapping fast because the linoleum was way too cold for my bare feeds. I saw the guys and Johnny in the corridor. Johnny was only wearing his boxers and Matt, Syn and Zacky glared at me as I walked by and waved my hand.

Why do I look like a mess, when I get up? In movies the women always look perfect. But my hair stood up in all directions, I had a replica from the pillow in my face and I needed to brush my teeth. I decided, when I’m already in the bathroom, I could take a shower.
When I was showered and shaved I left the bathroom wrapped in a towel. “Get your bikini on, we’re going’ to the beach,” I heard Matt’s voice. He sounded like he was pissed off.

“No practice?” I asked when I entered the living room.
“No practice!” Matt answered and it seemed as he would like to throw daggers with his eyes.
“Okay,” I just said. “So can we go?”
Without anything to say Matt flounced out of the room and I followed him. I decided to take a ride with my car, while the others –except Zacky, who joined me – took Matt’s SUV.
“So, I live at the beach and haven’t been there,” I tried to begin the small talk.

“Stop talking this bullshit. I want to know what happened last night,” he said while I backed out of the parking space.
“Everything?” I decided to expend the whole thing. I saw him nodding out of the corner of my eyes. “So, you know Johnny had bought this new bed and when he came home we just laid there and when I got hungry he attended the food. So we laid in the bed and decided to watch a movie. I picked ‘Inglorious Bastards’. You know it? It’s about some people, who try to blow up a cinema where the highest…”

“Stop talking about the film, tell me what happened between the short shit and you,” he interrupted me.
“As I said we laid in bed and watched an movie and theeeeeen…” God, I loved it to torture him.

“What happened then?” I was a bit confused. If I had slept with Johnny, would he want to know everything?
“Theeeen I had fallen asleep and had been woken up by some freaks who stood in front of the door.”
“That’s everything?” I nodded. “Matt will be satisfied, he’s so pissed off.”

“No shit?” I mumbled. So when I arrived Matt’s car was already there and I told Zacky to buy the parking ticket. When I had put it behind my windshield, I followed Zacky, who stood before the sand was waiting for me.
“Why are we at the beach?” I asked confused.

“Matt wanted to talk to you and Val had mentioned anytime, if you have to talk about something important you should search for a noncommittal location.”

“What?” That was such bullshit – and I even didn’t understand it. He just shrugged and told me he didn’t understand either.
“So I see them. Please don’t tell them immediately. I like to enjoy the show.”

“Me either,” I assured him. When we joined them Matt hadn’t even light up so I thought Johnny hadn’t told them. Here we go!
“Could somebody put on some lotion on my back?” I asked while undressing my top.
“Think that’s your part, Johnny,” Zacky said and got a whammy from Matt.

“No way, you’re not touching her anymore, do you understand?” Matt exploded and I wasn’t the only one who gazed him.
“What?” I was really shocked. Now it was my turn. I know I even hadn’t sex with Johnny – and believe me I’m not considering this – but he could not tell me what to do!
“Matt, that’s a bit strange don’t you think?” Syn asked him.

“No. We’re a band – we are a family. She’s one of us and he wasn’t allowed to seduce her,” Matt shouted and some family’s looked at our direction.
“Who said she hadn’t seduced me?” Johnny interrupted.

“Wait!” I told them and I was really pissed off at that time. “No one – and when I say no one I mean no one – tells me with whom I’ll have sex. I hadn’t have sex with Johnny, calm down Shadz, but you’re not going to decide on my life.” I glared at him.

“It’s just like I said. We’re family and you’re like a little sister. If you had Sex with him – what would happen with us? I don’t want to lose another drummer,” he said less noisy. “I don’t want to control your live, you’re old enough – I’m just thinking ‘bout the consequences. WAIT… You two hadn’t made out?” He looked confused.

“You’re quick on the uptake, what?” Sarcasm is my native language, did I mentioned that before?
Soon Matt hugged me and mumbled something like he already had seen that I’m leaving the band because of the jerk or something like that.
“They didn’t had have sex,” he screamed out loud and I interrupted with a “Shut the fuck up, dumbass” while Zacky was covering his mouth.

Right then my phone ringed. I saw it was Val who called me. I answered the phone. “What’s up, Val?”
“I wanted to talk to you! And where are you I’m at the studio but no one’s here.”
“We’re on the beach,” I explained.

“Why you’re on the beach? I thought you have band practice today.”
“That’s what I also thought, but it seemed like your husband had to talk with us.”
“On the beach?” she asked confused.
“Neutral location or so,” I mumbled.

“Don’t get it, but never mind. I’ll join you.” She hung up.
“Val’s coming, guys,” I said. “And I think I need a cooling.” I rose up and walked to the water. The woman who was closest to our place eyed me carefully. I just put my toes into the water and pulled them out as soon as they reached the cold water. But then I was very brave and took some steps into the ocean. My body was full of goose bumps.

“Oh my Gosh, that’s so fuckin’ cold,” I exclaimed and heard a laughter beside me.
“Yeah, we all see that,” Syn said while starring at my breasts. Then he took a step in my direction and pushed me forward so I was fully underwater.

“That means revenge,” I screamed as I turned up. I was fishing for an alga and throw it into his face. He screamed like a girl and then the battle began. Soon we were joined by Matt and Zacky. I ended up on Matt’s shoulders, Zacky on Syn’s and we fought. It was an equated battle but then Matt stumbled and we were underwater. The other team started some winning singsong when we were walking to our place again. Johnny was sitting next to Val and they smiled at us, when we joined them.

“Val you need a new husband. Can’t use this anymore, we lost ‘cause of him,” I complained.
“Sorry, but I think you have to deal with him,” she said while I sat down next to her. Matt put on his cute dimple smile and Val smiled back. “So come here honey,” she said and leaned into the kiss. “By the way, why are you at the beach?”

“Band things,” Matt murmured at her lips and I rolled my eyes.
“Oh, I forgot, your phone rang,” Johnny said and handed it to me.
My phone doesn’t know this number, so I just called back. Maybe it was something important.

“Hello?” I asked after I heard that someone had picked up. “Who’s there?”
“Oh, you called back.” There was a little silence. I still didn’t know who was on the phone. “Here’s Marc. Uhm… I was in your apartment… God, that sounds creepy. I brought the waterbed,” he finally said and I chuckled.

“Yeah… I remember,” I said when I thought of the sweet guy with the cute smile. “Why you’re calling?”
“I want you to ask you out.”
“Like a date?” I asked to be on the safe side.

“Yes… only if you like.”
“Sure, I would.”
“What about Sunday? We could go to Sugar Shake Café and if you’d like to we could watch a movie in the evening. We could meet at the café at 6 p.m.”
“Sounds good! I’ll be there.”

“Fine then… See you on Sunday.”
“Yeah, see you.” We disconnected and I saw the questioning glances my members throw at me.
“You have a date? With who?” Johnny asked.

“I won’t tell you. I saw what happened the last time. Matt was freaking out and yelling at me,” I said sulky.
“But that’s something different. We just want to know who you’re dating. Wait… You don’t know much people here.” It seemed like he was thinking about someone I could date. “Please tell me it’s not my brother,” he sounded desperate.

“Nope, it’s not your brother, but that’s everything you winkle out of me!” Val smirked and the others didn’t stop asking stupid questions, but like I said I didn’t answer them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this story. I would really like to hear what you're thinking :)

Next update will be on 09/12/11