I Ain't Waiting For The World To Change

Chapter Six

I pulled down the zipper of my corsage top as the doorbell rang. Because I did not expect someone I decided Johnny could answer the door. I opened my small jewelry box and pulled out a silver necklace with a little elf on it, which I got it about four years ago from a very good friend of mine. While I struggled with the fastener the door flew open and Zacky greeted me.

I shook my head – what about knocking on the door? But before I could say anything he disappeared. I put on some creoles, which were covered by my curly hair. I decided to go with my spotted pumps which fit my top.

"So, I'm out. What you're doin' tonight?" I asked the boys as I went to the living room to say good bye.

"Just watching some football. You're sure you want to go dressed like that?"

"What 'bout my outfit?" I asked.

"It's much too sexy!" Johnny and Zacky said synonymous. I wore long tight jeans, so not much skin to show except from my arms and my neck.

"Like I told you before, none of your business. Good night, guys," I said while leaving the apartment.

It wasn't cold but I still had caught my coat – who knows when I'll be home. I knew the café wasn't far away so I had decided to take a walk. When I arrived at the café I had five more minutes, but Marc was already here.

"Hey," I said and didn't know how to great him.

"Hey Kim, nice to meet you," he pulled me into a light hug and barely kissed my cheek. "You want to sit inside?" he asked and I agreed.

"Actually I was a bit confused by your call. I hadn't expected it," I said after sitting down.

"Uhm, you gave us your number when you left for the veterinarian and I decided I had to take my chance."

"I'm glad," I said and smiled at him. The waiter came and asked for our order. I ordered a coffee and Marc took also one.

"So how was your weekend?" I asked. Gosh, the last date I had was with Bryan and I was sweet sixteen. So what do you talk about on a date?

"Oh, now it's fine. I had to work yesterday, so this is my day off. Thanks," he said to the waiter who had just brought the coffee. "Do you want to eat something?" he asked me.

"No, I'm fine, thanks."

"So, I would like to know more 'bout you. You're not from here, are you?" he asked.

"No, I was born in Sacramento."

"Why did you come here?"

I took a sip from the hot coffee before answering. "Got a job, so I moved here."

"Oh, what a job…," before he could finish his question the door was opened and let the wind inside.

I couldn't believe who'd entered the café! They saw us and waved before walking at our table.

"I can't believe it," I murmured.

"Me, too. Holy shit, two members of Avenged Sevenfold and they're on their way to us," he said excited and very quick.

"Hey, Kim. Hey…," Zacky said while my companion quickly added "Marc".

"What you're doin' here?" I asked annoyed.

"We just want a beer, you mind if we join you?" Johnny was quiet the whole time.

"Well…," I began but Zacky and Johnny already had taken a seat.

"You know each other?" Johnny and Zacky grinned from ear to ear because of the question.

"Johnny's my roommate," I explained while he ordered some beer.

"That means the bed was for you?" I'm sure he's that type of who's facebook status will be something like 'Today I met some members of A7x. They're so cool' or something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he would ask me to take a photo and I even wouldn't be surprised if they would enjoy it.

"Yep and it's awesome! Isn't it, Kim?" were Johnny's first words.

"Sure," I said until I realized the meaning of his words. "That doesn't mean we'd make out," I told my date but he was still dazzled by the two men in front of him to notice. He and Zacky were deep in a conversation and Johnny smiled at me. I just wanted to beat him so he wouldn't smile anymore. "What's this about?" I whispered instead.

"What do you mean?" he asked innocently.

"You're such jerks," I said while I rose up and walked to the bar and pulled out my phone.

You've plans 4 tonight?' I texted Gena.

"A tequila, please," I ordered and waited for Gena to respond.

'Val is coming. U want 2 join us?'

'Would be great! I'll call V'

"Thanks," I said as the waiter put the glass in front of me and down the drink in one swig while I tried to call Val.

"What's up?" Val asked as she answered the call.

"You mind picking me up?" I asked her.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a date?" she asked and I heard her dog in the background, so she was still at home.

"Actually I am, but I don't know who the biggest dick is: Gena's man, my stupid roommate or the jerk I was supposed to date!" I saw the waiter smiling as he heard my words and he refilled my glass.

"Where are you? I'll pick you up and then you have to tell me everything!" I told her the name of the café and she promised she would be there in 15 minutes. I took a look at the table, but it seemed as my date hadn't even noticed I wasn't there anymore.

"Bad day?" the waiter asked as my phone disappeared in my bag.

"You can say that again!"

"Should I give them a note that you left?"

"No, very kind of you, but that's something I have to do myself." I pulled out a twenty dollar note and put it on the bar table.

"It's on the house," he put it off.

"You know what? Just put it on their bill," I pointed at Johnny, before I walked to the table where the assholes sat. I bend forward – still be aware of, that they would have a great view at my cleavage – and said: "I'm going to leave now, so have a nice evening guys 'cause I'll!" With these words I left and waited outside for Val's car.

Then she arrived and opened the door from inside and I hopped inside.

"You had a drink?" she asked. I just nodded.

"Want to talk 'bout it at Gena's?" I nodded again. So we drove quietly. She turned up the volume of the radio and my hands soon followed the beat.

I pushed the bell as we stood in front of the big house. Soon Gena opened the door and kissed my cheek.

"So, tell us everything!" Val said while walking into the kitchen and Gena and I followed her.

"It started as I left the apartment. Both, Johnny and Zacky, told me I was dressed too sexy." The two women snorted, but I continued while Gena cooked.

"So, I met my date and we talked as the two dumbasses – sorry Gena– entered the bar and joined Marc and me."

"What?" Gena asked and looked up with the knife in her hand. "No way! What did they do?"

"They meant they just wanted a beer and Marc was totally inspired 'bout meeting two rock stars…"

Gena interrupted me. "You mean three!"

"Well, he didn't know I'm part of the band. They came before I could tell him. So Zacky talked to him and he didn't pay attention to me anymore. He didn't realize I had went to the bar and talked to you."

"No way, what a dick!"

"That's what I thought!" I picked up a piece of slighted tomato and Gena rapped me over the knuckles.

"What was that for? I mean…" I said with the tomato in my mouth.

"If I wouldn't know my man, I would say he was jealous," Gena finished my sentence.

"But there were the two of them, so what's that about?" Val interjected."Think we'll never know. But for sure Johnny won't get any presents for his birthday!"

"His birthday?" I still had this confused expression on my face.

"On the 18th he'll turn 26," Gena explained while she put the vegetables into the bowl.

"Ouch, that's Thursday."

"Right, Sweetie. Surprise Party at our place. Actually Matt should tell you, but I guess he forgot."

"Yeah, seemed so. Should I set the table?"

"Would be nice. Plates are here, eating irons over there," she pointed at the corresponding cabinets and drawers.

Soon Val followed me into the dining room with the salad in her hands. Gena brought the meat and we talked about bits and pieces. After finishing the diner the landlady brought her notebook.

"I have to show you the pictures from the party. Some are really cute, but some are," she paused and thought about a word which fit, "creepy. Zacky wants to upload some, but I told him, you should give your okay first, before everyone could see them on his homepage."

"Don't know if I'm ever gonna talk to him again, but I definitely want to see these pictures!"

She opened the program and Val and I cozied up.

"Ow, this one is cute! I definitely have to print it!" Val squealed and pointed at the screen, which showed Michelle, her, Gena and me.

"That's really pretty. I also want a copy," I agreed.

"We can decide which one we want to print and drive to the photographic studio. They could frame it," Gena suggested and I nodded. "But I have to admit my favorite is yet to come."

But by time I saw the huge dog entering the room and I rose up to greet the friendly dog. "Hey Majesty, you missed me?" I asked while I stroke her ears. "Oh and Icky's also here!" I tried to pat the dog but he snapped for my fingers.

"Kim, you have to see these ones," lured Gena me to come back, while Val couldn't stop laughing. It seemed Gena had the camera in her hand as the guys told me I was getting tattooed, the Champaign shower, my bath in the pool, the truth or dare (my favorite was the one when Johnny sat on Matt' back). They were gorgeous and some people would pay much money for it, but Gena promised the embarrassing ones would never leave her notebook.

So we picked the ones we liked and as we pulled on our shoes the door opened and Zacky and Johnny entered the house with a big smile on their face. "… he's really cool. We were falsely alarmed…" Johnny's words stuck in his throat as he saw our expressions. "Hey Ladies," he said but no one answered.

"We'll talk later, Zachary!" Gena said and throw daggers with her eyes. "And be sure, if you set one foot outside again today you'll know sex only from your memories!"

Seemed as they were also pissed, but I couldn't say anything. My throat felt constricted.

"But…," he began, but stopped and stepped aside so Gena put a hand on my back and pushed me through the door. Once we were outside the mood lightened.

"So, as Johnny's birthday is soon we need something other to pay them back."

"Let's think about it, Ladies." We walked down the street to the city.

"Today was the perfect example: I don't need a man! Although if you find Mr. Darcy tell him where I live," I joked.

"Isn't it the movie with Colin Firth?" Val asked.

"Yeah, one of them."

"So, why don't we tell the boys you met a nice guy? But we don't tell them the whole story; we just make noises, so they get pry. Colin is the nice guy we just met today. He's tall…," Gena began.

"…well built...," attuned Val.

"…older than me…," I joined the daydream.

"…not a stalker…," as Val added the point Gena chuckled and I also had to laugh a little. We joked some more, until Val broached a new topic.

"We still have no present for the little one. Matt told me the guys have one, but he wouldn't tell me what. We need something that'll blow them away!"

"Don't tell to loud when they're around, you know what they'll say," I caused them to laugh.

The evening turned out right. "Oh my Gosh!" I said and stepped closer to the shop window. "It's so pretty!" I stared at the dress. It was blue and in style of the 50's.

"It would look pretty on you," the two women agreed.

"Think I'll have to come here tomorrow and try it when the shop is open."

"And you'll wear it on Thursday. Right, you'll come at my place, I'll renew your hair color and make a hairstyle which will fit the dress."

"Alright!"

So we kept on walking until we reached the shop, which was opened 24 hours a day. We picked a frame for each of us and Val also picked one for her sister. We printed the picture and some others and left the place happily.

"So, we still need the present," I reminded the others. "Wait! So, he's a bassist and what if we could deal with a bass from a famous person? Signed? The guys couldn't do better than that!"

"That's it! But where could we get these?"

"Think I could manage something," Gena said smiling. So with this in our mind, we walked towards a little bar, sat down and talked about the upcoming party until we decided to walk home. As we reached Gena's house Johnny's car wasn't there but I wasn't sure, if it had been there as we had left. We dismissed and then Val drove me home.

Johnny's door was closed and I was satisfied with that. I just went to the bathroom, changed my clothes and then walked into my room. I set up the two framed photos (there was also one with the guys) and laid down with my book.

The next day began early as I hadn't had much sleep. So I got ready with my usual clothes (shorts and a Papa Roach Shirt) and left the apartment before Johnny even woke up. I drove to the shop I had seen last night and the vendor looked a little bit shocked when I entered and said I wanted that dress from the shop window in size 6. She looked at me like I was crazy, but then she got it and hung it in the changing room. It fit perfectly and I had to buy it! I took a look at the price tag – it was affordable.

I bought it, the vendor wrapped it into a clothes bag and I put it on the backseats of my car, before driving to the studio. I was the first one there and played along, until the others arrived.

"You're overambitious, Kay," Matt said after entering the room.

"Don't think so, just trying to fill the gaps," I said and put the sticks into my hinder pants pocket.

"What gaps?" he asked and sat down on a chair.

"Oh come on, you guys have way more experience than me. I need to practice way more then you."

"True, you're the fresh meat," he grinned.

"No, you're just old!" I retorted and he moued. That was the point when Zacky, Johnny and Syn entered the room and I shut up.

"Good Morning, Motherfuckers," Syn greeted and the other two stayed silent.

"Brian, the drummer girl is mean. She said, we're old," Matt encumbered.

"But, we are old," Syn said and at this time my phone rang. I saw it was Gena.

"Hello Love of my life, what's up?" I greeted her.

"I'm your woman if you need a special bass. I got one and…"

"Oh my Gosh, you got it? I love you! From… wait, way too much people around me, I have to go outside," I said while I rose and left the studio so I stood next to my car.

"So who's is it?" I asked when I was sure no one was around.

"You know the guys were on tour with Metallica in 2006…," she began.

"Sure I know, that lucky bastards. I'm so jealous!" I interrupted her, but she just talked like I had said nothing.

"…and I got the bass from Robert Trujillo from that tour. Say, you'll love me."

"I love you! Oh by the way I got that dress, can I give it to Zacky, so you could keep it till…" I saw Johnny coming out of the studio and stopped talking.

"…Thursday." She finished my sentence. "Sure I can, just give it to him. Think there's someone behind you?"

"Sure. So I'll see you, honey."

"Bye and don't forget you love me."

"Never will," I said before disconnecting.

"Uhm, can we talk?" Johnny asked shyly. Shyly? Who's he and what did he had done with short shit?

"Sure," I said while crossing my arms over my chest. I leant down at my car.

"Actually I don't know what I've done to piss you up...," he started and I exploded.

"You don't know what you've done? YOU DON'T KNOW?" I screamed, grabbed his hand and walked inside the studio and stormed into the room where the others were sitting.

"Listen, dumbasses. I swear if anyone of you will ever stalk me again I'll quit being your drummer. As much as I love it, but I'm an adult, not a child and I can protect myself! So, if I ever see someone watching me again you can search for someone new. Is that clear?" I asked and felt like a mother with her children in front of them, who looked guilty. They nodded in unison.

"And is that also clear for you?" I asked Johnny, who was still at my hand.

"Yes, Ma'am." He said.

"Then start practicing, so I can go home and have some distance from you." I walked towards my drum. "And Zacky, before you go, I have to give you something." I said and he nodded again. It was a much tensed atmosphere while the practice and so we didn't do as long as usual.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter started as a gag when I was talking to my friend. We thought 'bout wrecking the date so Johnny and Zacky became some sort of stalker...

So tell me what you thought bout it. Next update on 9/26/11