Status: Three shot

Better Off As Lovers

3/3

"Tonight we'll be throwing a party." I announce from the kitchen, putting the last of the groceries into their place. 

Jaxin pops up beside me and gives me a scrutinizing look. "Do you really wanna go there again? Remember what happened last time?"

I think back to our last party and cringe. I woke up in my bed next to Jaxin and about four other men whom I didn't know, using a very distraught looking canine as a pillow. Jaxin and I don't even have a dog and nobody could tell me what had happened.

"Yes, that's why we're having a beach party. Tiki torches, bonfire, Budweiser. What could go wrong?" I shrug.

"A lot of things, actually." Jaxin points out. "But I suppose there's no way of convincing you out of this?" 

I shake my head and smile. "I've already invited everyone and bought everything. It'd be a waste to cancel it. Besides! We've got something to celebrate!"

Jax gives me a weary look, raising a single brow before asking. "And what would that be?"

"Your freedom from the devil himself." I answer obviously.

Jaxin gets quiet and a look of sadness settles over his face. I feel bad instantly and hug him immediately. 

"I'm sorry, Jax. I didn't mean it like that." 

"No, it's fine." He dismisses, hugging me back. "You're right." 

"Who needs him anyway?" I smile, returning to my task of gathering supplies for the party. "You've got me. That's all you need." 

The comment slips from my lips faster than I can catch it and it hangs in the air somewhat awkwardly. I silently beg him to agree so I don't feel completely rejected. 

"Yeah," He says after a moment. "You're all I need." 

I pause and look at him. He stares back at me, a look of happiness and relief in his face mixed with another unreadable emotion. He smiles and starts helping me gather everything. Soon we're piling things into my truck and driving down to the beach. 

It doesn't take long for us to set everything up and people start arriving not long after. Under the sunset we started to drink.

It was truly a celebration. So many faces, most of which I knew, gathered and laughed and really just partied.

Time passed quickly and soon, the moon hung low in the sky. I felt a small buzz in the back if my head that could be blamed on the beer. The waves of the ocean danced up and tickled my toes but all I could think about was Jaxin.

I looked up and noticed that he was surrounded by a group of boys that I had never met. To be honest, they looked like sharks, ready to prey on innocent blood. No doubt they'd heard of the break-up. Shane was never subtle about anything.

I scream and wave my arms. He notices but doesn't understand me. Instead he returns to the conversation and I continue to watch the sharks feed on him. 

It's over. If he dies, I die too because I saved myself for him. I've waited my whole life for him and I finally found him on the bridge that fateful day. I should have told him then but I waited too long and then Shane came and claimed him. 

Suddenly, a hand curls around my own and I'm yanked from my thoughts violently. Jaxin pulls me towards the fire and the music and then wraps me in his arms firmly.

"I just wanted one dance with you." He says simply. 

I grin and sway with him slowly, enjoying the feeling of him so close. I decide that now is as good as ever. "Shane was right, you know."

Jaxin smiles and pulls me slightly closer. "That morning on the New Jersey bridge..."

"That was the day I fell in love with you, Jaxin Kelly." I murmur, preparing myself for rejection.

He grins down at me and stops the minuscule movement he had me in. "That's funny, because that's the day I fell for you too." 

My eyes widen and my lips part in surprise. Whatever I expected him to say, it most certainly wasn't that. Jaxin takes advantage of my stunned response and presses a gentile kiss to my nose.

"You're so cute when you're surprised." He muses.

I blush and shake my head. "You really are something else."

Jaxin cups my neck and draws my lips to his slowly, giving me the opportunity to back out, but of course I don't. Instead, I wrap my arms around his neck and draw him closer, kissing him with two years of pent up passion. 

"I waited my whole life for you." I whisper. 

He chuckles and it vibrates through both of our chests. "So melodramatic." He jokes, kissing me once again. "But it turns me on."

I smile and rest my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. It feels just like a movie. I'm convinced that we don't make sense but I'd kill anyone who gets close to taking him away from me.

Because his eyes saved my life and have continued to do so every day since.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.
God, I hope that didn't completely suck.

Total word count: 2,800

Thank you so much for reading!
Tell me what you think?