Status: Just Starting- We'll see how this goes

And It Ends In Tragedy

Chapter 3

Monday came around all too quickly, pushing me into the typical school day rush. My first few periods were pretty smooth and boring but then suddenly at lunch I saw him: Jace. He was sitting a few chairs away and staring me down. This caused me to be very nervous which my friends, Ashton and Asher picked up on right away.
“What’s a matter?” Ashton asked. She nodded as I waved her question away making it obvious I didn’t want to talk about it just yet. I gazed towards Jace trying to play it off as a nonchalant glance in his general direction. He, however, noticed and sent me a dazzling smile. Just then the bell rang and I graciously took the opportunity to slip out of the room and make it to my next class.
“What is going on with you?” Asher prodded, and his twin Ashton nodded enthusiastically behind him, “You’re acting really strange.”
“Well guys the other day…” I began, but trailed off as Jace made his way into the classroom. I let out a soft groan before pulling out a piece of paper and writing a note to the twins. They both read it excitedly and one of them scribbled back “Seriously?” I simply nodded and they exchanged odd expressions. Mine mirrored theirs the whole thing was really weird.
The rest of the day sped by with lots of looks from Jace, to my annoyance. I had no idea what was up with this guy. Did my dad really just invite someone over so they would have met someone before being a new student? That seemed a little out of character, but then again my dad was a strange man.
Those thoughts continued even through to the next school day. He definitely didn’t have trouble meeting people. Every girl in school had met him personally and was gossiping about how cute he was by now. I rolled my eyes since it was only his second day, I mean come on. Oh dear, was that jealousy? I shook the thoughts away as I made it to my last class of the day. Luckily, I could get out of this hell soon.
Just then, I jumped about a mile high from a tap on my shoulder. I turned around with a blush to come face to face with no other but Jace. He grinned at me his steel gray eyes shining before speaking a soft, but warm “Hello.”
“Hi.” I reached to ruffle my hair, a nervous habit of mine.
“I don’t believe we had a proper introduction Saturday. I’m Jace.” He held out his hand for me to shake. I took it forcing a small smile on my lips.
“I’m Sera. Nice to meet you.” His eyes seemed to light up even more than before as he nodded to me. We both grew quiet as our teacher began talking and I turned back to the front of the class room. She was talking about working in partners and everyone began quickly pairing up. After a minute or two everyone was paired except for Jace and me, so she put the two of us together. We wound up getting an A on the project and actually having an ok time. We didn't talk too much besides what was needed to complete the project, but that was ok with me.
The next day Jace was nowhere to be found and I kept dozing off in class. At a couple points during the day I had this weird dream about Jace and I. We were in a dark forest and a wolf stood next to Jace. The wolf was jet black with shiny gray eyes. Next to me stood a timid deer. I awoke each time, feeling confused as though I was forgetting most of the dream which was bothersome, but I let it go.
On Thursday, Jace was back and him and I began walking to every class together. We would talk and laugh like good friends, Ashton and Asher usually trailing somewhere along behind us. I got a lot of death glares from every girl in school it seemed and Ashton got annoyed with me for hanging out with Jace more than her very quickly. Soon after, she started hanging out with another group of friends and it was no longer my fault we never had time for each other.
The next day, Jace was missing again so I hung with Asher, who told his sister off for being bitchy and whining at me for hanging with Jace when, in reality, she was just jealous like all the other girls in the school. That night I went to sleep hoping the weekend would give me my much needed break.