‹ Prequel: Means the World
Status: hiatus.

Ready to Start

9.

George gave Elise a strange look. “What are you talking about?”

Elise sighed. “She’s lying to you, George. I don’t know why, but she is. She’s not telling the truth about her sister.”

“I don’t understand.” George said slowly.

Elise nodded. “Hermione checked the files at the ministry…there is no Victoria Lake.”

George opened his mouth to talk, but froze. “No, there is.”

Elise shook her head. “No, there isn’t. They don’t mess up at the ministry, George.”

“They’ve been wrong before, they’re wrong again.” George sputtered.

Elise gave him a sad look. “I’m sorry, George.”

George turned red in the face. “You’re wrong! I’ve seen her. I’ve seen a picture of her.”

“It could’ve been edited. There’s ways to do it, George. You have to trust me, she’s lying to you.”

George quickly turned on his heel and left the house.

*~*~*~*

Sydney was walking down the street when she ran into a very angry looking George.

“George!” she yelled out.

George sighed. “Sydney, I’ve been looking for you.”

Sydney smiled. “And all of a sudden, I’ve become so popular, Mr. Weasley comes looking for me. What is it you need?”

George grinned. “I just wanted to talk to you, that’s all.”

Sydney pushed her hair aside. “Well come on, let’s head over to my place. We can talk there.”

Sydney and George walked through the streets. Many of the inhabitants of Diagon Alley, who were familiar with George, wondered who this strange girl could be. George Weasley had gone so many years without company, and here he was, talking and smiling with a girl no one knew.

“Who is that girl?” asked the woman at the flower cart.

“I don’t know, I’ve seen her though.” Another replied.

“I heard she works for a Weasley distributor.” A girl gossiped.

“Shame, they look good together.” Another chuckled.

George chuckled, hearing the gossip flying past him. “People really have nothing better to
talk about, do they?” he asked.

Sydney rolled her eyes. “Most of it is a load of waffle.”

George nodded. “They don’t understand like you do.” He said, looking down at her. “Most of them…they’d misunderstand.”

Sydney gave him a curious look. “You were upset when you found me…is something wrong, George?”

George shrugged. Personally, he always did feel something was up with the story about Victoria…that there was something else, at least. But not once did it cross his mind that she might be a fraud. But since Elise had told him, he was starting to feel a bit hesitant about trusting Sydney.

“Where did you say your sister was again?” he asked.

Sydney turned to him. “I didn’t.” she said slowly.

George nodded. She didn’t seem to want to talk about Victoria either. There was something
suspicious going on indeed then.

He wanted so badly to trust Sydney. It seemed like she was the first person he could trust in a long time. She understood him. Elise, Ron, and even Percy didn’t understand why he couldn’t move on. Sydney did.

She had a twin. She knew what it was like to be separated from her twin.

Didn’t she?

“Sydney, do you know there’s a file system at the ministry that records every wizard and witch?” George asked.

Sydney shrugged. “I’ve heard about it…I’ve never really thought much about it. Why?”

George shrugged. “Well, Hermione and Elise were talking about it today.”

“Hermione works for the department of magical law enforcement, doesn’t she?” Sydney asked. “From what I hear, you have to be in that department to see them.”

George nodded. “Yeah, you do. She said they record every birth and every drop of magical blood from muggle borns to purebloods.”

Sydney nodded. “Well that’s fascinating.”

Sydney flicked her wand and her door opened. The two of them went inside. “I’ll start the kettle…Mum? Dad?” she asked in a panicky voice.

George was startled to see two people sitting on Sydney’s couch. One was a very tall man with silver hair and a bushy mustache. The other was a small woman with dark hair and the same eyes as Sydney.

“Sydney, darling, we were in the country and decided to visit. Who is your little friend?” the woman asked in a soothing voice.

Sydney gulped. “George, this is my dad, Rowan Lake, and my mum, Serena Lake. Mum, Dad, this is George Weasley. He owns a store in Diagon Alley. The Enoki family is one of their suppliers. That’s how we met.”

George smiled warmly. “Nice to meet you.”

Serena Lake smiled and shook back, as did Rowan. “Well darling, shouldn’t we put on supper?”
♠ ♠ ♠
aw shit.
sorry I've been absent...
I decided to take a chance and join a harry potter RP thing...the other people are hardcore, damn. i don't know how I'm going to do it during the school year. they will literally stay up all night writing.