Status: Hiatus

...And Stop Waiting Up

chapter ten. :)

Hailey's P.O.V.

When I was out to lunch with Alex and Jack it helped me almost forget about Zack. Almost.

Either way, we were home now and it smelled of Rian's cooking, which happened to be Fajitas. Jack and Alex ran in before me to the kitchen where they'd ask Rian for food. Of course, since we didn't take him with us, they got rejected of food. It always happened like this though. I chuckled to myself at the thought.

I was still standing staring at the two boys when Zack came downstairs, not noticing me, until he reached the bottom. Obviously, things were awkward between us, and we just started at one another. Not a comfortable stare, or content, just plain weird. My eyes were cold to his sorry ones. I didn't care though.

He took advantage of me being drunk, and being my 'best friend' you don't do that. He knew better.. I held my stare for a couple seconds longer before briefly shaking my head, and walking into the kitchen avoiding him wanting to talk.

I heard the front door shut, meaning he'd left the house, and I felt a sigh escape my lips. Rian and the others looked over at me with concern on their faces.

"You know, Hailey, you can't avoid him forever." Rian said.

"Rian! He took advantage of me!"

"He didn't mean to I'm sure, plus he's your best friend. You can't avoid him forever."

"Watch me." I said stubbornly, walking out of the room. I went up to my room, and felt small tears roll down my cheeks. I didn't want to cry about something so stupid, but I couldn't help it. I mean, I liked Zack, but this put a whole damper on the 'liking' concept.

A small knock came from my door, and Jack walked through.

"Hey Jacky." I said softly, giving him the best smile I could muster, which wasn't much.

"Hey Hailey." He replied. "Damn, that doesn't work for your name. I'll figure something out."

I laughed lightly, and he pulled me into a hug.

"You gotta stop getting upset over the whole Zack thing. He's a good dude, I know he is. He didn't mean it, and ever since you yelled at him, he's been moping around more than usual. You need to talk to him."

"But Jack I--."

"No buts, Hails. When Zack comes home, talk to him, alright? If things still aren't worked out, I can help you go from there, but for now you know it's the right thing."

I nodded, and he gave me a slight kiss on the forehead, and wrapped his arms around me. It reminded me of something an older brother would do. I was so glad I had Jack there to help me.

Jack's P.O.V.

I went to go talk to Hailey. My mind was screaming 'Don't do it, Jack!! This helps your odds to get her!' but my gut was telling me I had to, and knew it was the right thing to do. Plus, I know Alex likes her, so it isn't like I could actually make a move. That'd be against bro code, and him being my best friend, I couldn't do that to him..

After I left, she seemed to feel slightly better, which made me happier. When I walked downstairs, I watched TV for a while and Zack came through the door all sweaty from a run.

"Hey Jack, where's Hailey?" He asked, wiping his face with a washcloth.

"Her room." I say simply. He nodded and went upstairs, and I heard her door open and shut.

I wish I could hear what they were saying, but I sadly couldn't. Secretly, I hoped she was about to rip his hair out, but with Zack's way of words they were probably having sex again, but she wouldn't regret it. It killed me to know that he did that to her, but it felt good to know that 'Mr. Perfect' fucked up big time.

He messed up more than the time when Alex was drunk, and told her mom that he was better in bed than her husband. Now, for Alex to say this, of course he was piss drunk, and he felt quite embarrassed in the morning. Needless to say, Hailey's face was bright red of embarrassment and anger.

About six minutes later, I hear her door opening, and her laughter. They walked down with his arm loosely around her shoulder, while he dropped it to go get food, she joined me on the couch, smiling.

"I'm not mad at him anymore." She said, as if it wasn't obvious.

"Good." I sent her a quick smile, and I turned back to the TV like it was okay, but truthfully, I felt like my heart just shattered into a thousand pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
-hi im morgan. :) the new co-write.

-i love halvo. the maine. and a rocket to the moon.

-im going to co-write the rest of this story.

-in other news... sorry for short chapter. i'd told morgan i'd get it in, but im so tired, so it's not da best, and it is short, but please comment and subscribe nonetheless!

FOUR COMMENTS FOR NEXT UPDATE!

Don't be a silent reader, please!